It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handbags of the Gods.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I was going off page 140 here, there appears to have been a specific Deity LAMMA involved with filling the bag with a certain body part of every animal.

edit on Kam831232vAmerica/ChicagoSaturday2031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Marduk

Those parts bother me, held by various genies,or animal headed monsters and about opening portals and or gateways,

You see, those are frequently associated in all kinds of rituals and initiations, and if you look at the belief systems of indigenous tribes all over the world, almost all of them still do the same thing, what their ancestors did.

But keep in mind, this is just my silly opinion,

tbh, I think you've fallen foul of a classic mistake made by novice researchers.
To wit, if you go looking into mythology, looking for similarities you will always find them
the classic example of this trait would be flood stories. There are hundreds of them from distantly non related cultures. At first look, it would seem that the only possible reason this could be true, is that they are all talking about one great global flood. And as a typically Judaeo-Christian culture we find that easy to accept. But the truth is that the flood stories differ widely in detail, time, place with the only commonality being water. Science of course holds the answer that we live on a planet which is 4/5 water and flooding is common. It would indeed be odd if a culture hadn't experienced several

So maybe, if you look specifically at the details surrounding the figures you speak of, then that one similarity which draws you, isn't really so relevant, but you still win, because you will have learned a valuable lesson while also increasing your knowledge

Evidence is mounting that there was a mass flood?

12800-11600 years ago...

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
WOW! What fools these gods were for not inventing a fanny pack in there infinite and godly wisdom, and daily lives to carry there various godly # around.

But really people? Three whole pages about bags and buckets and the dope doping practices of ancient and old hippies and there groovy drugs of choice and there various carrying methods there in employed.

WOW! A bit excessive. I will leave this thread alone before I think to much on it and realize just how pointless trying to interpret old crappy pictorials and what looks like drawings and art that was done by a 9 yr old is, an outdated practice for sure. But hey at least it is one step above interpreting stick figure drawings. Gives me a migraine even contemplating it all. A fun practice I am sure, but not when one actually takes such a practice as serious.

What can I say yes, it took at the very least 10,000 years before people realized the usefulness of backpacks or better yet a fannypack and other such devices which left the hands free to pick ones nose, long before then when ancient peoples had to go on any long trips they generally carried a bag in there hands and every time they had to scratch that itch on there asses they had to stop, put there bag, or bucket down, proceed to scratching that itch, then pick up there bag or bucket and go back to going on there merry way.

It may have taken tens of thousands of years before the realization of tying said bag with a rope around there waist or backside was realized. In fact I just checked with my buddy google and it says that the backpack was invented in 1969. Ancient technology indeed.

But I suppose of handbags and buckets were considered godly back then, then the backpack and fannypack would have blown these ancient peoples minds into new and never before seen dimensions. A bag that you dont have to hold in your hand all day and can carry all esentials with you daily? Get out of here! What crackerjack crazy talk is that?

I know the prospect of the topic in this thread has left me quite literally dumbstruck and speechless and left me questioning the sanity of both ancient and modern peoples, for peoples who knew the secrets of the stars but not yet quite grasping the concept of a bag with a rope around it for ease of convenience, is truly awe inspiring in its dopiness and literally did leave me speechless.

But thankfully it has not left me typingless. I almost feel like I may have gotten some sort of point across using nothing but words on a screen, thank the internet gods for that at least, the great and mighty Al Gore in his infinite wisdom has foreseen this very event I am quite sure.

They probably had them and if they didn't, they didn't need them.

What's so special about a backpack anyway? Why would I bother carving it out in stone?

So we could build the Great Pyramid of Giza with it's dimensions directly relating to Earth's dimensions, yet couldn't figure out the backpack?

Yeah, right.....
edit on 20-8-2016 by TrillaGold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

The video is a perfect choice for a closing touch. I wonder if Nordstroms would be interested in a new line of ancient stylish handbag?

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I don't think people would be allowed to carry stone handbags these days...

Avant que la nuit tombe
Allons une dernière fois
Entendre sous les feuillages
Ces mots d'un autre temps

Before the night falls
Let's go, one last time,
Under the foliage to hear
Those words from a different time

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrillaGold

Evidence is mounting that there was a mass flood?

12800-11600 years ago...

Nope, try again, with more than just words, also you should be aware, that not only is Graham Hancock, not a good source, but he's well known for lying to the gullible for profit
So if its magician of the gods you got that from. Then you should probably forget it
Its easily proven that there wasn't a great flood at any point in Earths history, all the large floods are listed on geology websites and shoreline data going back 20,000 years shows there was no sudden increase in sea levels
Funny thing is, he had the shoreline information when he wrote Underworld, but has decided that he doesn't need science this time, because obviously, science doesn't agree with him.
You won't see this image in any Hancock book

120 metres rise which took 23,000 years, that's mm a year, so where is the flood...

There are 6 animations based on the shoreline data he used in Underworld, though obviously, these are based on all the data, not just the cherry picked images he wanted his readers to see before
www.youtube.com...

And again here, he is cherry picking what to show, like where he's claiming that devastation caused by the Missoula flood was actually something else and not something completely understood and documented by science already, or where he claims Berossus said that a merman brought civilisation to Sumer, when in fact, the Sumerians themselves say their civilisation was founded by a wise fishermen (Adapa), which based in fact, because fish was what human populations relied on until agriculture caught up and why all the first cities on earth are based on the coast or a river

I also notice that he is now basing his claim in a lost race of civilisers on Gods with buckets, the same thing this thread is based on, how do you get a race of civilisers in 12,000BCE who aren't even depicted in art until 10.000 years later, bit of a gap eh
So yeah, he's absolutely full of made up bs

edit on 20-8-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

I was going off page 140 here, there appears to have been a specific Deity LAMMA involved with filling the bag with a certain body part of every animal.

Okay. So, wouldn't that be Inara?

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yes probably, she appears as the Mistress of Wild animals to have been the earliest tutelary Goddess of the hunting bag itself so it would be her responsibility that they ended up in there, a co-operative relationship between nature and the hunter.

In the festivals, Inara is reproduced on several occasions as having the features of the goddess of the hunt, and also as the mistress of the animals. In the KI.LAM. Festival - a three-day festival which was celebrated in Hattusa – the leopard, the deer, and the boar are offered as the animals of the goddess. From the temple of the goddess, Inara is featured in texts from the Old Kingdom with a procession of these animals on the first day. Like other tutelary gods of nature Inara could be worshipped as the figure of a kursa.

A Kursa on the Eya Tree

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Which came first the Hand bag or the Ankh...

Did they both work as keys to the gateways.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Whatever! Does it matter? Nope it does not. Drawing to many parallels for every insignificant thing is kind of pointless.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrillaGold
Ya there was, and before that there were bigger floods and all kinds of things, and in the future there will be more floods and some pretty big, on any timescale especially the timescale of a planet and its planetary machinations a whole hell of a lot of things not only can happen but in time will happen.

So ya, what of it. Notice that is not a question.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrillaGold

They probably had them and if they didn't, they didn't need them. What's so special about a backpack anyway? Why would I bother carving it out in stone? So we could build the Great Pyramid of Giza with it's dimensions directly relating to Earth's dimensions, yet couldn't figure out the backpack?

Yes exactly. That's what I am saying. Seems a bit strange does it not? Well kind of, but not really.

Congratulations you have understood what I was sort of but kind of getting at in that previous post. I would give you a cookie but alas that is not a possibility through online text. So here...

Or at least till ATS or somebody implements a cookie emoticon, it will have to sate.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Specimen
Which came first the Hand bag or the Ankh...

Did they both work as keys to the gateways.

The two Urartu bone plaque images you posted are derived from Neo Assyrian Griffin Demons, which are actually just representations of the Sumerian Apkallu (seven sages), wearing a bird costume. Their leader Adapa, usually wears a fish costume, because he was a fisherman. The buckets in this case are full of holy water, which the figures are sprinkling with a pinecone in the other hand

These figures were usually built into the foundations of buildings to ward off evil and in the North palace of Sargon at Nimrud they are sometimes seen in murals flanking doorways, protecting the entrance
Here's a more detailed picture

edit on 21-8-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

If it does not matter then you also do not matter and if that is the case don't waste my time...

Telipinu is angry. His soul and his essence were hardened as wood. Just as the woods they burned, the anger of Telipinu his temper, his sin and his vexation they burned in the same way.

Telipinu is angry. His soul and his essence like a burning fire. Just as this fire is extinguished,the anger of Telipinu, his temper, his sin and his vexation should also extinguish in the same way.

Telipinu, give up your anger, give up your temper, give up your vexation Just as the water into the drain doesn’t flow conversely, the anger of Telipinu, his temper and his vexation also shouldn’t turn back in the same way.

a reply to: Marduk

The two Urartu bone plaque images you posted are derived from Neo Assyrian Griffin Demons, which are actually just representations of the Sumerian Apkallu (seven sages), wearing a bird costume.

They are based on the cult of Anzu nothing to do with Apkallu, there are two classes seen the Anzu relating to airborne Ninurta/Enlil and the aquatic relating to Apkallu/Enki.

edit on Kam831233vAmerica/ChicagoSunday2131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Your time? How about my time? Huh! You think it was funny me wasting 10 or 15 or who know how long on reading all this? It was not funny and just bizarre and possibly a waste of time. Not like there is much history in summer or there myths, but seriously...Your time.

So yes! Sorry but any civilization who has yet to invent the backpack of all things is not to be taken seriously, may even be a joke. In fact this stuff may be some sort of weird neurosis, you know not quite psychosis but can be overlooked as long as one does not look to close.

Its bizarre why you linked that quote to a fairy tale? And then not be clear even in that on what it means or why you would post it as a response to me? Are you saying I am somehow angry? And then somehow relate that to a nonsense story they told children some thousands of years ago?

May as well quote Donald Duck or better yet, Donald Trump those two would be more relevant then ninayana or even the great god, the thunderer, the one the only, pika ra chu. And in fact both Donalds may be the modern day gods of there era the way Enki and Nina were of there day. A great and magical hype of there PR teams. What did you think writers were invented in this age only? And bull# did not exist or was not known to the ancient, for all you know it may have been there main practice and art. Oh how the times have changed.

I suppose I better let you get back to contemplating on the meaning of bags. Somebody has got to do it I suppose, you probably wasted so much time by reading this post that could have been used on thinking about bags in old pictures or contemplating on nanayana or whatever else god or goddess as seems to be your thing.

You should totally stop reading now. And by now? I mean now! think about it you could be contemplating on bags in old pictorials but instead your not. Like totally get back at it, you would not want to waste your time now would you? Oh just how much time was wasted reading this only the gods would know.

That or I would say 4 minutes, give or take if anybody is eating or taking a bite of a doughnut, then maybe 10 or so as half would be spent in chewing and a second or two in ingesting. That is unless they had to got to the bathroom in the middle of this post, in which case it could be considered maybe 15 minutes to 30 to an hour depending on what they ate and how far the bathroom is. Oh and heaven forbid they had no toilet paper, in that case? Improvise, which would set the time limit to finishing this post to maybe even hours.

Jebus lebus christos von baconburger, this # is so old and boring I have to entertain myself by spicing up this whole thread even while I am reading this thread. But no seriously dont let me waste your time, do carry on, no doubt you have important things to ponder on.

Like for real, no...Seriously...Bags, and buckets and the meaning there in.
How about them apples and oranges and bags, can we draw any parallels between them?...Hmm! Now if your reached this part, that I feel it is sufficient in a waste of time for what I felt in reading some of this thread. I may even say that we can call it even, though I do feel like everybody in this thread owes me at least a second or two.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Handbag envy.

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

They are based on the cult of Anzu nothing to do with Apkallu, there are two classes seen the Anzu relating to airborne Ninurta/Enlil and the aquatic relating to Apkallu/Enki.

bet ?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
No! I am merely just joksies, but on that part. A backpack is a very useful tool much more then a bucket or handbag which is still and hand carry all day thing, its for people who have nothing to really carry around basically, especially for long and arduous travel. It also cam very much so in handy while cutting rocks from quarries far far away, a much better tool to keep ones tools and what not in.

Imagine carrying even all these pegs and hammers or all other various tools for shaping and cutting rocks, would be quite an annoyance even carrying all those around in a bucket or handbag, yes very annoying, I suppose there is a reason why the Sumerians got conquered so fast, they did not have backpacks among other things.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Saturnschild

Well if this were pillar 42 maybe it was just a math lesson.
14 for nothing what a weird place to die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join