It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangeness on a tea break at work...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My first topic and I think this may be the correct place to post this...although I could be wrong and it may be moved accordingly...however, today I experienced a little strangeness, alongside a work-colleague whilst taking a short break from the grind.

We were sitting on a roof terrace, having coffee, when my colleage, who is female and in her mid thirties, made a comment.
"Look at that plane, I wonder if it is going anywhere nice?"
I followed her gaze and caught site of the plane, it was completely white but definitely the right shape and I assumed the sun in a cloudless sky was making it appear highly illumintaed. It was flying east to west. Then my colleage added...
"It's going really slow for a plane."

I had to agree with her, it was almost too slow and it actually didn't seem to be that high, then I realised that there was no sound. We live in a rural area, not under any busy flight paths and planes are not often sighted overhead, although airforce jets do like to buzz the town quite often.
"Can you hear anything?" I asked her.
"No. Isn't that strange?" she answered.

I reached in my pocket to get my iPhone out, in order to take some video, flicked it on and...nothing. No plane, no sound, no nothing.
"Where did it go?" I asked her, as she was still watching the sky.
"It vanished."
"What??"
"It vanished"
"Where to, there are no clouds!"

She shrugged her shoulders and took a drink of her coffee
"I dunno, it just went."
I was flabbergasted.
"It went?? Went where...it just disappeared?"
"Yes...oh, I don't know!"

She didn't seem interested in the how and why, she was more concerned with getting back to work. I was totally perplexed and, just as we got up to go, a black helicopter came overhead, flew a little in the same direction as the plane, then circled back and headed away to the east.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow... This sounds incredible.

Out of interest where is your place of work? You mentioned the Air Force jets and I am wondering if it could be some sort of black project craft you may have saw??

Maybe someone who knows about bases and what comes out of them could correlate the location of the sighting etc.

What do you personally think it was??

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Did you take a photo of.. da choppa?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Probably mi,Italy ...some of those planes are very quiet . And maybe it turned away in a manner that it looked vanished, but just turned away from you visually .?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Maybe you saw the maiden flight of the Martha Gwyn?

BBC News - Airlander 10: Maiden flight at last for longest aircraft.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
AT LEAST did you photograph the helicopters?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Perhaps it was a "ufo" posing as a normal plane and it "phased out" of our reality when the crew of said craft realised the UK military was on to it? Crazy? Yes, it should seem crazy to anyone who hasn't experienced that level of weirdness before but from my experience that crazy # I just mentioned is an actual possibility. Life is SO MUCH STRANGER than most will ever know. Thanks for posting. S&F
edit on 17-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Wanted to add more

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Not to be 'that guy' but my thoughts are:

1) Sun was shining off of it, which made it seem really light/bright (which is what you said).
2) It was higher than you thought: because it was so bright it seemed lower.
3) Since it actually was high fairly high it seemed to move slowly.
4) As you went to get your phone it changed course slightly, so the light wasn't reflecting the same as before.
5) Magically disappears!

Then again, I'm no fun

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

1) Sun was shining off of it, which made it seem really light/bright (which is what you said).
4) As you went to get your phone it changed course slightly, so the light wasn't reflecting the same as before.
5) Magically disappears!

Then again, I'm no fun

LOL, but that is a very good possible explanation without going into the Twilight Zone like I did.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Times, location? You will likely get the playback on flight tracking software such as Planefinder or Flightradar24? They do have limitations though. You will also be surprised what air routes are actually visible in your location. Click on the tabs on the right for various routes. You can zoom into the map.

skyvector.com...

I take it that conditions were bright and sunny? Nothing unusual about visually losing an aircraft against a bright sky. If you can provide a general location and a fairly accurate time then possibly the flights will still be on flight tracking software?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I just gotta say this. That is the cutest, fattest, weirdest aircraft I've ever seen. It's like a pregnant zeppelin.

Anyway, I wonder if there's a chance that what you two saw was some kind of experimental drone? I saw something similar here in the states a couple years ago. It was looked like one of those white military drones but it hovered over me and made no sound.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The following link has a good run down of how difficult it can be to see aircraft.

contrailscience.com...

Also judging height is difficult. You see this a lot with people who believe in the chemtrail conspiracy. They will claim that aircraft and aircraft trails are low when in fact they are 25, 000 feet upwards. Also nothing unusual about not hearing aircraft at those heights and especially modern airliners with quiet turbofan engines.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That sure makes you think, doesn't it?

The other day I had a very similar event happen where I was watching what looked like a brownish colored airplane. I took my eyes off it to wait for cars to go by, thinking at that time "who the hell would buy or sell a dark brown airliner?," and when I looked up again, it was gone. This was at a wide open area with no obstructions...Weird. Thanks.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Balloon that popped?

Last time my little girl lost a big helium balloon I was wondering if anybody would report a ufo because it really looked like a zooming solid craft.

I've mistaken a high flying seagull for a plane before too even though I grew up in a seaside town full of gulls.
edit on Thursdayam181631Thu, 18 Aug 2016 04:30:04 -0500302016-08-18T04:30:04-05:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
Wow... This sounds incredible.

Out of interest where is your place of work? You mentioned the Air Force jets and I am wondering if it could be some sort of black project craft you may have saw??

Maybe someone who knows about bases and what comes out of them could correlate the location of the sighting etc.

What do you personally think it was??

We are in a small town in Scotland, the nearets city is over 20 miles away and I think the airbase is around 50 miles away. The nearest city with an airport is approx 70 miles away.

I honestly have no idea. I really thought that it was a plane, until the strangeness set in...and I am still not sure. I have gone through it in my head but I cannot get over the actual slowness it was flying at. I didn't witness it vanish at all, so that aspect is a complete mystery.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Did you take a photo of.. da choppa?

Nope!
Because I am an idiot...and hindsight is a wonderful thing!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

5) Magically disappears!

Then again, I'm no fun

This sounds extremely plausible.
I'm going to try the Skyvector link that 'tommyjo' has posted and see if I can get any info from that.

** Edit -
Thanks to all for the helpful responses.
If I do manage to clear it up, I will post the outcome.

edit on 18-8-2016 by fromtheskydown because: Additional comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok, I have dug a little deeper into what may have happened. I did discover that Edinburgh airport has decided to re-route some of its flights although I could not determine if that included flying over my area. The article mostly dealt with the impact on more built-up areas.

I did go back outside at the same time for several nights but saw no aircraft, I also went outside exactly one week after the sighting and saw nothing. Again, when we had another clear evening, I went back outside and tried to reconstruct the events in my mind, looking up at the same patch of sky. I realise that this might be a futile experiment but I tried it all the same.

My conclusions are that the airplane was not that high up. I have witnessed a few planes going over at high altitudes and noted that there was no noise and there were contrails behind the planes. The plane I saw had no contrail no sound and appeared much bigger than the high-altitude planes. Also the high-altitude planes covered the sky much quicker than the one I saw.

I still cannot get over the high strangeness of the event, the slowness of the plane and the strange lack of sound. I realise that I cannot rely on my recollections to be 100% accurate, so I will put this one down to maybe erroneous perception...although I think it will stick with me in my mind as something unusual.

A big thanks to all who gave their valued input to this thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Hey, this post is meant for me because in the last six months I have been seeing strange things in the sky, and from my initial perspective it is an all out invasion, but the aliens are so smart, literally, they turn into planes and mock us while watching us, and fly right over us and nobody knows it's them. Now of course I could be just very paranoid, but I have dozens of video footage of lights in the sky that do not resemble typical planes. I even have a video that clearly shows the ball of light flying in the sky and I zoom in at the very time the ball of light morphs into a standard commercial plane. I am used to seeing balls of light that sit in the sky every night after dark. And sometimes they just disappear.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFOdanger

Hey, this post is meant for me because in the last six months I have been seeing strange things in the sky, and from my initial perspective it is an all out invasion, but the aliens are so smart, literally, they turn into planes and mock us while watching us, and fly right over us and nobody knows it's them. Now of course I could be just very paranoid, but I have dozens of video footage of lights in the sky that do not resemble typical planes. I even have a video that clearly shows the ball of light flying in the sky and I zoom in at the very time the ball of light morphs into a standard commercial plane. I am used to seeing balls of light that sit in the sky every night after dark. And sometimes they just disappear.

Thanks for the input, UFOdanger.

I have seen lots of videos on YouTube, depicting the orbs of light that either just sit there or are stationery, then begin moving around quite randomly or even in formation. Hard to tell sometimes, if they belong to small, singular objects or one huge object.

I haven't seen anything on the plane-morphing side of things.
Do you have a lnk to a video?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join