It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Woman Called Ellen DeGeneres. What's Going On Here Then ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just saw this article on The BBC Website. A woman named Ellen DeGeneres it seems has caused some controversy over a photo shoppped photograph of her riding on the back of Olympic gold medalist sptinter Usain Bolt with a caption which says " This is how i am running errands from now on "

To me this is just a bit of fun and completely harmless. However it would seem that some find it racially offensive. Bloody strange world we live in if people can find offence with this type of banter.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 17-8-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
yea, thats just the sort of world we live in now. when comics need to be PC or face the consequences.

a meme, which is hilarious, among other funny memes created during the Olympics, can have this affect on people's mentality.

thats the frailty of multiculturalism, any and everything is offensive to someone, somewhere.

but thats unreal. ellen is one of the most beloved American tv character/comedienne.

but PC hath no bounds...

edit on 17-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Just saw this article on The BBC Website. A woman named Ellen DeGeneres it seems has caused some controversy over a photo shoppped photograph of her riding on the back of Olympic gold medalist sptinter Usain Bolt with a caption which says " This is how i am running errands from now on "

To me this is just a bit of fun and completely harmless. However it would seem that some find it racially offensive. Bloody strange world we live in if people can find offence with this type of banter.

www.bbc.co.uk...

She's an actress and comedian and has a daytime television show "Ellen," Her comments and caption of the photo is no racist or anything else. Just another thing for people to cry about, as if they don't have enough reasons already.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm just happy that you don't know who she is.

She is basically the gay Opera Winfrey . Tv personality... Was probably once an actor /comedian... Now she has a talk show . I have no real problem with her more than I do Opera, Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz... All those lame daytime tv personalities.

I did see that she is taking some flack for this . And basically she responded with " yea I know all about inequality"

I would assume she is quite left leaning and i find ot funny that a champion for gay rights is catching flack for being offensive.
Maybe that's worded wrong but its intersting to see such a PC spokesperson get attacked for basically nothing..

Like you said... Strange world .

a reply to: alldaylong

edit on 17-8-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
But Ellen is gay, and Usain is black. This is like playing poker when I was younger, I always forgot what hand was better than another.

So am I supposed to be upset about racial injustice or LGBT rights? Which one is the stronger "hand".

It's hard being PC.
edit on 17-8-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Man, I tell you, people just like to find offence in anything. If the person in question was white, there would not be the same reaction.

Similar to Chris Boardman being outed as sexist for a comment he made last night during the cycling at the Olympics. Snowflakes, definitely snowflakes.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tt-Jason-Kenny.html

edit on 17/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Because the SJ cupcake Ws need something else to add to their repertoire of nonsensical things to bitch about.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't.... get it

the internet will have a blast not giving a single damn about this persons feelings. I hope she tries to get lawyers involved so she can be mocked to her grave.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
But Ellen is gay, and Usain is black. This is like playing poker when I was younger, I always forgot what hand was better than another.

So am I supposed to be upset about racial injustice or LGBT rights? Which one is the stronger "hand".

It's hard being PC.

I find it HALLARIOUS! It's like saying ... "It's not Racist because I'm Gay". lol

There is going to come a time when people bicker just to bicker because all the lines, one day, will be grey and no one will have a leg to stand on for argument's sake.

Oh wait... It's that way now. I mean, people 'think' they have some semblance of a point but in truth, it's all just "It's wrong cause I'm gay - It's wrong cause I'm black - It's wrong because I'm illegal - It's wrong because I'm a democrat/republican - It's wrong because I'm a minority"...

Damn... We're all minorities in one way or another. Everyone's too busy wallowing in a past that doesn't belong to them.

Personally I believe everyone should get a good dose of 'Wake the &#@% up'!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You know you're a racist if you look at that picture and automatically think "slave".

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If she had any balls she would tell all the douchenozzles giving her crap to suck it up and go eff themselves. Then she should make a new meme of 8 Bolts pulling a sled with her on it.

edit on 17-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Who is Barstar Lumberjerk?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This should shut those SJW's up.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Leftists are increasingly finding themselves with odd conundrums when one of their protected classes behaves insensitively to another one of their protected classes.

So, here we have Ellen, one of the Leftists Gay princesses, being accused of being racist.......for ridiculing a "black" athlete.

You're right.........who has the better hand wins? I would guess Black trumps white/gay, but.....who knows.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
This should shut those SJW's up.

thats 4 items though...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Chris Rock makes jokes about whites all day long and no one says anything, a homosexual white comedian lady posts a comedy intended photo, and everyone screams racism, ahahahahaha, got to love it!

ps: she is actually complimenting his skills.
edit on 17-8-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It's not racist and I don't know why it's trending. 2 tweets said not racist. 1 tweet said racist and it had only been liked 6 times.

There are reasons why certain people 'don't get' her humor.

The original meme has been liked 81k times and retweeted 33k times. I think it is the original meme that is trending.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Interesting how all the Proles buy into the politically correct speech, looking for any possible "speech crime", tattle tailing on their own kind. The Commissars must be laughing their a$$es off!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

The Gulag Loving Kooks, a nice new definition I just learned today.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

It's hard being PC.

You're fecking A right, and honest.
But, that's part of the fear mongering with PC, there are snooty groups of people who would claim the intellectual rightness of PC all to their own, and everyone else needs to be, 'teached'

If I was Usain, I would just have laughed back and said, "She ain't heavy, she's my brother"

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 8/17/2016 by whatnext21 because: After thought

top topics

<<   2 >>

join