It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to receive first intelligence briefing today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

This thread wasn't to divert attention from Hillary, just to keep my fellow ATSers aware of the developments in Donald's World.
Do you have any thoughts on Chris Christie accompanying Trump to his briefing?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Twitter respondents imagining first Trump Intelligence Briefing..

- For security purposes we have to know what is up with your hair

- No Sir, There is no map hidden on the Declaration of Independence, there is no treasure.

- Mark Cuban is actually a Cuban spy

- Yes Sir, We know you are already "hugely" intelligent, but this is different

- Sir, Please don't take this as a compliment, but you are currently the most dangerous threat to this country

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Well it disappoints me that is for sure. The fact that Christie is going with him confirms he gets a cabinet position. Why else would he be exposed to classified material??

We can try and guess which position it will be? What are his hallmarks in Jersey? that could give us some insight as to where he ends up.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine Trump just said I don't trust U.S. intelligence.
Seems like a really assinine thing to say.

Ummm...and you do...trust them I mean...?

It seems to me that trusting them...would be the asinine thing...don't you think...?

YouSir

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm guessing USAG.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Do you have any thoughts on Chris Christie accompanying Trump to his briefing?

I am more alarmed by Trump bringing former General Michael Flynn along.

After being run out of the Defense Intelligence Agency, he has been working with Russia's State Sponsored Media outlets, been an outspoken America-Critic and spoke at several Russian events and was honored at dinner in Moscow with a seat beside Putin for dinner..And that was just 8 months ago...he only admitted dinner with Putin after the pic leaked.

He is the half-head below on the left.

Also see here:

Michael Flynn, now a private citizen after a reportedly disgruntled retirement, was not there to gather intelligence. His attendance at the RT gala, before which he also gave a talk on world affairs, appeared to inaugurate a relationship with the network—presumably a paid one

At a moment of semi-hostility between the U.S. and Russia, the presence of such an important figure at Putin’s table startled current and former members of the Obama administration. “It was extremely odd that he showed up in a tuxedo to the Russian government propaganda arm’s party,” one former Pentagon official told me.

www.politico.com...

edit on 17-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

As a Presidential candidate, I think broadcasting that you don't trust them, as they are about to brief you for the 1st time, is completely idiotic.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It won't be a briefing. It will be a warning to "watch your mouth Donald" !

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Indeed. Do you think it is possible the people doing the briefing would ask him to wait outside? That would sure be a slap in the face.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe not!

He'll probably NOT understand it and then blather ANYWAY, but of course.............he'll blather NONSENSE!

Interesting actually.............if he does that regularly he'll doubtless thoroughly confuse the international community and the international intelligence agencies!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

As a Presidential candidate, I think broadcasting that you don't trust them, as they are about to brief you for the 1st time, is completely idiotic.

Why? I think it's healthy. If you're an honest broker, you'll work harder to convey your credibility. If not, you didn't belong there anyway.

History is replete with examples of the intelligence apparatus getting it wrong.

So funny seeing all of these people appalled that someone isn't willingly accepting their bureaucratic enema.

edit on 17-8-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Indeed. Do you think it is possible the people doing the briefing would ask him to wait outside? That would sure be a slap in the face.

A couple of things here..

The Nominee gets clearance by default.

Chris Christie and Michael Flynn have to get the lowest level of clearance approval..

The briefings are usually very high-altitude, lay of the land and Q&A...after all one of the two Nominees they brief will not win and get spun back out into the world, you don't want to share too much.

Lastly..If I was US Intelligence I would seed the briefing with something juicy and false that Russia would be interested in. There are multiple investigations right now around Russia aggressively meddling in our election for the first time via cyber-warfare..if they can offer bait to Flynn?...A former disgruntled US General who is palling around with Putin who no one in the alphabet agencies like? They wouldn't mind taking him down...toss him some classified bait and see where it leads.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Why? I think it's healthy. If you're an honest broker, you'll work harder to convey your credibility. If not, you didn't belong there anyway. :

If you are an honest broker, you don't discredit the entire US Intelligence apparatus and it's employees from the podium absent any substance or cause...simply for campaign purposes.

The intelligence community has zero respect for Trump and rightly so.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Absent any substance or cause?

I guess you didn't read the comments made by Collin Powell and his experience with that community.

Is there any reason to believe it's gotten much better?

www.google.com... res+over+the+last+ten+years&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3...1328.14460.0.14799.55.22.0.33.6.1.247.3090.4j14j4.22.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..30.25.2655.wzofXI LxcC4

Notice how many of those sources are left as well as right wing? Hell, even the CIA begrudgingly admits its past failures. But all of that changes now that there is another opportunity to paint Trump's statement as coming from blind arrogance.

Not everyone has such a short memory.

In fact, I'd be far more concerned if Trump held the position that the intelligence community should always be trusted.

Your assertion they have zero respect for him is meaningless. So what?

We need to clean house even there, imo.

(post by amicktd removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

don`t worry he can just use the hillary defense " i didn`t intend to"

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

In fact, I'd be far more concerned if Trump held the position that the intelligence community should always be trusted.

You have a point there! How can you trust any entity that holds the option of "life or death" over anyone they feel is threatening to their interests. That includes Trump!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: odzeandennz

vote trump. time for real politics instead of fanboyism

That's funny because that is literally 100% of Trump's support.

Way to paint with a broad brush. But I see all Hillary supporters as overweight, Birkenstock wearing, greasy haired Hausfraus, so I guess it all evens out.

You forgot jobless and retarded, but I'm guessing with their weak feelings you were just giving them a break.

I chose to ignore their best qualities.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
do johnson and stein get their own briefing, or just the anti establishment, anti government republicans?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Why would you do that if you hated Hillary?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join