It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to receive first intelligence briefing today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

A law enforcement source tells CBS News Senior Producer Pat Milton that Donald Trump’s his first intelligence briefing will take place between 4 p.m. at 6 p.m. Wednesday at 26 Federal Plaza in New York, and he’s expected to bring along New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Lt.-Gen. Michael Flynn (Ret).

cbs

So can we expect Christie and Lt-Gen. Flynn to receive Cabinet posts in a Trump administration?

Hmmm, Trump just said I don't trust U.S. intelligence.
Seems like a really assinine thing to say.

Hours before he is set to receive his first classified intelligence briefing, Donald Trump said he does not trust information coming out of U.S. intelligence agencies and indicated he would cease relying on the bulk of the intelligence community’s massive workforce.

When has he received info from the intelligence agencies?

I wonder how much Clapper and Co. are going to be willing to share with the Donald? Breifing-lite, is my guess.

If Trump holds such little regard for the 10,000+ employees in those agencies and their work, he should shut them down and save us taxpayers a gob of cash. Plus, I wouldn't miss the NSA and their domestic spying.
edit on 8/17/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They've already stated in his case, it's going to be a primer at 'see Spot run' levels, starting first with basic geography.

I'm hoping that his ghostwriter's description of him having the attention span of a goldfish comes out in full force and the briefers realize he'll be hopeless at learning anything not in the Enquirer or soundbites, and leak it to the press.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

If the folks briefing Trump have heard his most recent comments, maybe they say something smartass, like, 'Yeah, we've seen your poll numbers. Let's not waste each other's time.'

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A law enforcement source tells CBS News Senior Producer Pat Milton that Donald Trump’s his first intelligence briefing will take place between 4 p.m. at 6 p.m. Wednesday at 26 Federal Plaza in New York, and he’s expected to bring along New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Lt.-Gen. Michael Flynn (Ret).

So by 7 pm, there will be a tweet where Trump leeks everything he just heard.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He is most pro-NSA candidate out of all, and he wants to keep a list for every sub section of population..Welcome to the reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

"Trump to receive first intelligence briefing today"

This has got to be a jab at Trumps unbeatable intellect, cause you know he knows, that sherif, in Texas who said," he's wonderful."

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

he would have summon his inner hillary, then quickly try to erase all tracks of knowingly leak anything.

but im almost certain this brief will be watered down and no substantial 'intelligence' will be divuldge with trump. i presume the more important stuff will be dealt with people who know politics, then Trump will just put on another one of his great showmanship speeches.

vote trump. time for real politics instead of fanboyism

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Haha, intelligence. Classic.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
If Trump holds such little regard for the 10,000+ employees in those agencies and their work...

Comments like this make me laugh. Ask Collin Powell how well that worked out for him with respect to the WMDs in Iraq.

Powell Calls His U.N. Speech a Lasting Blot on His Record
edit on 17-8-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
didn't he say he knows more about isis than most generals. maybe he's briefing them. lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

vote trump. time for real politics instead of fanboyism

That's funny because that is literally 100% of Trump's support.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Kinda like how Biden pointed out to a crowd of a few thousand what secret service agent holds the nuke codes?
Source

You can't honestly think he would jeopardize national security like that?
I honestly took you for a more logical thinker than this.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am not a Trump fanboy, but I would assume that in his past business dealings he would have inside information and not disclose such to ensure he could wrangle the best deal possible. I imagine that he will handle any info provided via this intel briefing the same.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Huh! Trump to be briefed on intelligence. I would tell Trump feck nothing, he's got too bad an eye in his head!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

How do we know the info Sec. Powell was given was from actual intelligence operations and not the warmongering imaginations of Rumsfeld, Cheney and Wolfowitz?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Regardless, Powell clearly identifies from where the 'information' came.

"No, George Tenet did not sit there for five days with me, misleading me," he said, referring to the week he spent at the Central Intelligence Agency reviewing the evidence on Iraq before making his presentation to the United Nations. "There were some people in the intelligence community who knew at that time that some of these sources were not good, and shouldn't be relied upon, and they didn't speak up. That devastated me."

From the source above.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Aren't you assuming he'll understand them?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Good point! I'm sorry I was giving him too much credit.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
its lovely to see how desperate the Anti-Trumpers are to divert attention from Hillaryious laundry list of crimes, and the hacks and leaks of the DCCC and DNC that they now have to make assumptions that he will just say "hey world, here is everything I was just told.

Desperation, it is sweating through yall like a fire hydrant. Trump has already won, his biggest competition has already lost 90% of her credibility, is appearing increasingly infirm, needs the outgoing President and VP to campaign for her due to her faltering health, and the fact that her face now elicits a gag reflex and mid taste of bile even to her once strongest of supporters. Admittedly, CNN cannot help her more than they already have.

To be honest she is probably just going to keel over soon or fall into a coma.

Trump is not going to leak anything, you all just wish he will to offset the depth of the leaks which show the true corrupt nature of whats left of the fractured Democrat party.

(post by UnBreakable removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join