It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK to counter protest Black Lives Matter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And here we go again, people comparing the kkk to blm, gotta love people repeating lies thinking its the truth.

How many people have blm killed. 0
No where on there site does it claim race superiority.

It may not outright proclaim superiority on thEIR (note the spelling) website, but I've seen plenty of BLM protest videos to prove without a doubt that many of the people involved with BLM do have a race superiority mindset. You need to be willing to expand your horizons to be able to see it though.
edit on 17-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Another thread going the way of the mud pit right out the gates. I admire the consistency. Never miss a beat.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here's the facts in the matter, if one group can show up, and not resort to violence, and not retaliate if the other group does so. If either group can stand for peace. Then, it will help their image immensely. If one can do it and the other fails, they will improve their image while tarnishing the other. If neither succeed, they both come out as thugs, and if both succeed, healing can begin.

This is actually an opportunity for the KKK to try and demonstrate that they've become civilized human beings. This is not however my endorsing the KKK or their beliefs. But it does allow for the KKK to try and prove that while they hold prejudiced beliefs they no longer believe in expressing those beliefs through violence. Personally I don't think they've changed that much at all. Who knows though, maybe they've wised up and learned from how MLK and the peace marchers in the past kicked their sorry asses all over the place without throwing a single punch.

On the other side.

With all that's happened lately BLM is hurting on the peaceful protest claim front. More and more people are seeing BLM as a hate group bent on violence. Here's a chance for them to show everyone wrong, that they do remember how to march, that the old ways aren't lost and peace can win the day once again. Then again, they could lose it and come out looking like nothing more than another hate group by resorting to violence. At worst they can end up making the KKK look like better people. That would just plain be messed up...

My suggestion, go in with a clear message, get organized, choose your generals on the bull horns, remind your people, non violence is the answer. If any from your group starts to break rank, call them out, and for Christ's sake people don't be afraid to stop people from your own side assaulting someone, forcefully if necessary.

If both sides do this, there's a chance everything ends peacefully. If that happens, perhaps an open discussion can occur, because both have proven they're ready to talk and not just throw punches.

Yes it is better to not strike back and let the authorities handle it if the other side attacks. Run away, block, try to push them off you, but don't strike. If you can't risk martyrdom, you're a #ty ass peace marcher.
edit on 8/17/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Soros and those pulling the strings must be pleased.. the "race wars" are beginning it's idiotic that racism is still to prevalent in our society in 2016. The media is creating new racists too, fannnntastic.

I'm saying this with all due respect but if you think that our society needs George Soros or anyone else to actively foment racial tension in order for it to exist, you really should stop making comments and start educating yourself on the topic. You seem like a reasonable enough person so I can only assume that you're ignoring the very real circumstances leading to the very real levels of racial inequality that exist in this country today because you don't know any better.

I'll try to connect a few dots for you rather quickly. You're of course familiar with slavery. I'm sure you wouldn't be one of those unfortunately ignorant souls who says things like, "the Irish had it worse!" (you don't seem the type). I'm sure you're well acquainted with the Civil War (are you the type that lamely protests that, "it wasn't about slavery!" — let's hope not but that's another issue). I'll also assume that you're already familiar with segregation, Jim Crow laws, the Civil Rights movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (a mere 52 and 51 years ago respectively which is less than two generations) as well.

History.com - The Great Migration

The Great Migration, or the relocation of more than 6 million African Americans from the rural South to the cities of the North, Midwest and West from 1916 to 1970, had a huge impact on urban life in the United States. Driven from their homes by unsatisfactory economic opportunities and harsh segregationist laws, many blacks headed north, where they took advantage of the need for industrial workers that first arose during the First World War. As Chicago, New York and other cities saw their black populations expand exponentially, migrants were forced to deal with poor working conditions and competition for living space, as well as widespread racism and prejudice. During the Great Migration, African Americans began to build a new place for themselves in public life, actively confronting economic, political and social challenges and creating a new black urban culture that would exert enormous influence in the decades to come.

In the mid-1970s, we hit peak manufacturing employment and realizing that manufacturing in Rust Belt cities once accounted for as much as 43% of all jobs, and knowing that millions of blacks migrated to these very cities — a picture should already be forming for you. On top of this faltering of manufacturing that can really be traced back to the 50's, there were recessions in the mid-70's, early-80's, etc (convenient list here) and you can see the drastic uptics in unemployment in the graph below. (Source: NY Times)

The thing about unemployment rates in the US is that black unemployment rates as long as these things have been measured, have always run about 2-2.5x as high as those of whites. This is a very telling figure. The lines track about as perfectly as any two lines on any graph ever but there is a persistant gap. There are a few other gaps people like to measure, like a wage gap between whites and blacks that was once narrowing but has been increasing for decades, including among those with degrees and the related wealth gap, also increasing and far wider than the wage gap (see the NYT source above for more graphs).

We've never had racial equality in this country and this isn't an opinion, it's undeniable reality. It seems a lot of people are hung up on the idea that equality under the law necessarily and immediately leads to equality in society. Of course that's demonstrably false (as I've just demonstrated). Had manufacturing held out another couple generations, we might have gotten a lot closer — but it didn't and we haven't.

People without economic opportunity are poor. Poor people live in poor neighborhoods. Poor neighborhoods tend to be higher crime areas. Higher crime areas are naturally a target of increased policing. Throw the "War on Drugs" in there with "Broken Windows," its ugly offspring, "Zero Tolerance" and the ever popular identity politics shenanigans al a "The Southern Strategy" and you'll start to see how we got to where we are today. It doesn't even matter anymore if only a small minority of people harbor actual racist ideologies. We are where we are.

Black people have a reason to be angry and frustrated. Here's the kicker, so do all those blue collar white folks who are also facing diminishing economic opportunity, many of whom are supporting Donald Trump. Unfortunately, no matter who wins this election, nothing and I mean NOTHING will be fixed because both parties and their candidates are either incapable or unwilling to address things like deindustrialization head on. So don't expect things to be getting any better anytime soon. Employment is only going to get weaker until we face facts and embrace a paradigm shift.

Meanwhile, the masses will be out in the streets pointing fingers, shouting and apparently throwing urine at eachother. No George Soros required.
edit on 2016-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well said as usual. It should be breathtaking whatever happens assuming big turnouts....

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm saying this with all due respect but if you think that our society needs George Soros or anyone else to actively foment racial tension in order for it to exist, you really should stop making comments and start educating yourself on the topic.

But "he's" been doing such a good job why would we want to interrupt?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And here we go again, people comparing the kkk to blm, gotta love people repeating lies thinking its the truth.

How many people have blm killed. 0
No where on there site does it claim race superiority.

It may not outright proclaim superiority on thEIR (note the spelling) website, but I've seen plenty of BLM protest videos to prove without a doubt that many of the people involved with BLM do have a race superiority mindset. You need to be willing to expand your horizons to be able to see it though.

Well educate yourself better, why not compare blm to nazys then, makes as much sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Another thread going the way of the mud pit right out the gates. I admire the consistency. Never miss a beat.

If you guys would stop lying so much, people like me wouldent need to call you out.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm saying this with all due respect but if you think that our society needs George Soros or anyone else to actively foment racial tension in order for it to exist, you really should stop making comments and start educating yourself on the topic.

But "he's" been doing such a good job why would we want to interrupt?

You guys either call obama an idiot or he is the smartest person in the world, obama did nothing to add to racist america.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Oh, good. I was wondering who was bringing the popcorn' 'cause we're going to need a biiig bag for this one. I'm with Cowboy. Let's hope the Universe does it's thing and they all disappear with a soft pop, with no trace.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My favorite is when people who don't even live here constantly come in and demagogue sensitive domestic race relations issues. I live for that. It had to've been what the ATS founders had in mind when they created this place. Lordy lordy.
edit on 17-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

obama did nothing to add to racist america.

Making a list to feed a troll seems pointless.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Well, they're too busy burning other people's town and neighborhoods. Ever heard of Tulsa?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ghostrager

One can only hope that they will meet up. They are both so hate-filled and are at such polar opposites that once they meet, the universe will cancel them out and they will cease to exist.

I'm having my fingers crossed that the universe does not let me down.

Yah, if we just get rid of protesters then we can have a more happy police state.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

My favorite is when people who don't even live here constantly come in and demagogue sensitive domestic race relations issues. I live for that. It had to've been what the ATS founders had in mind when they created this place. Lordy lordy.

Stop calling blm the black kkk, people wont call you out for being silly.

Ats moto is deny ignorance, oposite to what you post.

edit on 17-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

obama did nothing to add to racist america.

Making a list to feed a troll seems pointless.

Try to prove that obama is adding to an already racist country, you cant, but thanks for the cute meme.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

BLM is a reaction to police brutality against blacks, and has been working to put a spotlight on a consistent problem that prior had been left "under the rug." What your graph shows is the reality that scales are being removed from eyes. People can't pretend "things are just fine!" when the evidence is so overwhelming to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One common method of trolls is they demand "proof" on massive complex issues as if you're expected to be able to go find some specific photo to "prove" whatever, as if. If you can't then that means expect to have threads derailed daily for people expressing their "opinion". The best is when they dont even live in the place they're lambasting and speak as some sort of authority when they aren't even in a position to see the same "common sense" or 'goes without saying' concepts as the residents would.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the important distinction, BLM isn't causing racism, they are waking people up to it.

Which racists will claim is racist.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

You mean like Milwaukee this weekend black cop shoots and armed black punk with a felony wrap sheet. Before the camera footage / info even came out they proceeded to riot (burn down GAS STATION & more, shoot white teenager with firearm, etc, etc). Then the next day when the truth came out they went out again that night and shot another whiteboy in the neck with a gun. You mean like that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join