It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Loses the Evangelicals Will Retake the GOP.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Dispensationist

I think the word you want is

Dispensationalist

(look it up)

Or, nah - here you go: Dispensationalism

Do you even know what that means?

edit on 8/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If Trump loses, there will be nothing left to re-take.
Hillary has already sold it all. It just hasn't been delivered yet but it is in the mail.

P.S. Aren't Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are evangelicals?
edit on 17-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: I just wanted to hijack the thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

LOL, your funny Seven Mountains is the non core belief structure I consider near if not full blown heresy,and by the way I'm Baptist. With the exception of abortion those are all planks of the Libertarian Party also. I first heard about it on a blog a few years ago well before that ATS post here

I'm no fan of welfare but it exists and ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm morally against abortion, but unlike alot of my fellow Baptists i figure the SCOTUS did a decent enough job with a very literal Silomon's Dilemma. I can live with first trimester abortion but refuse to pay for it and would counsel anyone to choose another option. Forced charity at the point of a gun via taxation and redistribution has no moral value. However, voluntary charity from the individual is a tenent of my faith. My church and others support the local food pantry, battered womens shelter, homeless shelter, substance abuse recovery program, and other charitable works all without a single penny of government money. I'd honestly give more but i do take into account that a certain portion of my money goes for some decent programs and some wasteful ones that I don't get to choose before i even see it.

You seem to be misinformed about evangelicals. We're not a monolithic group united in a 100% shared belief structure. Sure there are overlaps in several areas, but aside from some core beliefs you'll find some major differences between the Baptists and Church of Christ type congregations and Charismatics Holiness and Pentecostals that tend to be in the Dominionist, Seven Mountains believing congregations.
edit on 17-8-2016 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Not a return of"The Moral Majority"again.And that's if we survived 4 years of Hillary.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Of course i do, but i didn't trust the spell check on my phone and changed it. It's not uncommon amongst Baptists but like i said i do have some problems with it. I probably have as many or more problems with the Dominionist Seven Mountains theology than you do. It's one of the major reasons I couldn't support Cruz.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

If Hillary wins, we'll see 4 years of the Amoral Majority.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

How many KIDS DID Anita Bryant have anyway?

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
1) According to a source close to Kasich, Donald Jr. has said Trump's vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

2) Pence is a hard-core evangelical.

The VP has zero power and no one has influence over the Donald.

The commonly said theory is trump doesn't want the JOB part of being president and that this was a contract negotiation tactic that snowballed. Going so far as to claim he is throwing the election.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Better Evangelicals than Donald Trump. As any fool can see.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I'm afraid if Hillary get's in,within a year ,we will become the USSA,there has been free traffic between all borders for quite a while,I worked for companys,Canadians,Mexican drivers all the time,no custom checks,no Intl license just a license from their country of origin,so I think with the exception of a civil war things will go as planned,sheep led into the pen

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Okay - then why are you telling me I am misinformed?
I live next to a Baptist church that has changed hands 3 times in 15 years. It is now an "Ebenezer" organization, sending missionaries to 3rd world countries (boo!).

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You know there are multiple Baptist organizations right, i personally have never heard of the Ebenezer organization, but given the historical ties of the Ebenezer name I'd imagine it had a predominantly African American congregation. I'm personally in a Congregation that is Southern Baptist. Most of the predominately African American Baptist congregations are part of another organization, but the name escapes me right now. We don't have huge differences in belief, and get along and work together well enough in the community even have people and leaders visit from time to time.

I called you misinformed because you implied that all or most Evangelicals ascribed to Dominionist, Seven Mountains beliefs and that is far from correct.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Okay - I believe you. I think of the Dominionists like I think of Westboro - sorry if I assumed you were like that. I trust you if you say you're not like them either. Yes, I am aware of that. There are lots of Baptist styles.... There are 30,000+ sects of "Christianity." Yes, I'm aware of the basic differences between the mainline churches, too. Evangelicals are a diverse group. Among their different branches, different flavors can be found (and that's what makes people go there - the 'flavor').........

What troubles me is that people like Cruz and Perry and Santorum and Bachmann and Palin and Brownback are Dominionists, and they are serious about it. I think Pence is one, too.

Thanks for the convo. Please help us not have to endure Dominionist/Reconstructionist dogma as a nation.

Here's what Pence is:

Mike Pence: Radical Christian Extremist
July 15, 2016 by Michael Stone 365 Comments
Mike Pence, Trump’s VP pick, is an anti-science, anti-women, anti-LGBT, religious extremist.
Dangerous Religious Extremist
Earlier today presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump named Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his running mate. Pence is Sarah Palin without the charisma, a conservative Christian nightmare who rejects the separation of church and state, and places his Christian faith above the U.S. Constitution.
Pence is fond of saying he is “a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order,” and has repeated the self-description often. He is a dangerous religious extremist who dreams of a Christian theocracy.

As bizarre as it would be for Trump to be our president, I think he's not quite as dangerous as Pence.....
and if he actually wins and then either declines, or abdicates, or is deemed by Congress "unfit" (vote of no confidence), we are stuck with Pence.

edit on 8/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sorry, but in my opinion, trusting patheos for an opinion on someone's faith is the equivalent of getting all your info on BLM from Stormfront. Some facts would undoubtedly be correct, but presented in a way to stir up as much fear, angst, and anger as possible.

Something like 80 percent of more of non Catholic Christians are considered evangelicals. One of the primary reasons for the establishment clause in the First Amendment wasn't the diversity of religions present at the time of the founding of the US, but the fact that protestant Christianity has many denominations and sects and none wanted any of the others to be the official state sponsored version of Christianity, especially with the historical experiences of such in Europe.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Okay - did you notice there was a video of him on there, too - he was being interviewed by Chris Matthews back in 2009. Yes, he seemed fairly level-headed. And I did note the difference between what he said and how he said it to the article's text.

You are right. The article was 'angry' and sensationalist. Just like Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh would do.
Totally glad you saw that.

Now - having said that, he has since then done some serious Puritaning in Indiana:

Condoms are too liberal That's snopes. Honestly, I am investigating to see what I can find from both sides. And I do want to extend my appreciation for your willingness to address the topic without rudeness.

I must apologize for my defensiveness, but - "I come by in honest" as they say. It's been rough around here lately. Trump's gang is restless.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Okay - I believe you. I think of the Dominionists like I think of Westboro - sorry if I assumed you were like that. I trust you if you say you're not like them either. Yes, I am aware of that. There are lots of Baptist styles.... There are 30,000+ sects of "Christianity." Yes, I'm aware of the basic differences between the mainline churches, too. Evangelicals are a diverse group. Among their different branches, different flavors can be found (and that's what makes people go there - the 'flavor').........

What troubles me is that people like Cruz and Perry and Santorum and Bachmann and Palin and Brownback are Dominionists, and they are serious about it. I think Pence is one, too.

Thanks for the convo. Please help us not have to endure Dominionist/Reconstructionist dogma as a nation.

Here's what Pence is:

July 15, 2016 by Michael Stone 365 Comments
Mike Pence, Trump’s VP pick, is an anti-science, anti-women, anti-LGBT, religious extremist.
Dangerous Religious Extremist
Earlier today presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump named Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his running mate. Pence is Sarah Palin without the charisma, a conservative Christian nightmare who rejects the separation of church and state, and places his Christian faith above the U.S. Constitution.
Pence is fond of saying he is “a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order,” and has repeated the self-description often. He is a dangerous religious extremist who dreams of a Christian theocracy.

As bizarre as it would be for Trump to be our president, I think he's not quite as dangerous as Pence.....
and if he actually wins and then either declines, or abdicates, or is deemed by Congress "unfit" (vote of no confidence), we are stuck with Pence.

I don't think trump cares what pence thinks about anything. Pence is his parroting puppet. Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Trump loses, then just say goodbye to any viable 3rd party candidate or any candidate that does not have the approval of Washington establishment.

This is a watershed moment. Trump is the test case to see if "outside of establishment" candidates ever can stand a chance.

You can vote establishment, or vote 3rd party, or vote for Trump.

"Would you like to play a game . . . . . . . ?"

I disagree. Win or lose we can all see now that outsiders, or those outside the corporate overlords minions, can win. Sanders and Trump both had strong primaries. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson are getting unprecedented coverage by main stream media.

Win or lose third party and outside candidates are gaining traction. You can see it to a small degree with local campaigns as well Tim Conova in Florida is about to Upset Debbie Wasserman Shultz for her seat.

It's all gaining traction. At some point in the not too distant future we'll cross a tipping point that will usher in a new era ...a real era of American politics not beholden to crooked wall street, big bank and large oil companies.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yeah but the PTB know it. Libertarians are up to bat. Republicans time is up.

I hate the world... we can't win.
edit on 8/18/2016 by Puppylove because: "I" hate the world. Not "It" hate the world... though to be fair I don't think Pennywise was a big fan of the world either... or maybe he just hated people... no wait he ate them. He liked people, yup still wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You're probably right! Trump doesn't really care about what ANYONE thinks, and he doesn't even care to be consistent about what he cares about!

He just wakes up every morning, stretches, and looks forward to his day. This is entertainment for him.
That's all it is. He is thoroughly entertained by all of this, and it's just each day as it comes as far as he's concerned.

He couldn't care less if he loses, and he intends to just 'delegate' everything if he wins. I mean - who hires the Breitbart manager as a CEO? Who has Alex Jones speaking at the nomination? It's ridiculous.

Trump doesn't want to be the the actual Executive - he wants to be the HR manager.

sigh

Conservative Radio Host Admits Right-Wing Media Created a 'Monster' That Doesn't Believe Facts

Tthe "monster" is the people who believe Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc.

surreal
edit on 8/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think Trump can end that gay hating, bible thumper gop party and that's a good thing. No one needs that in either party.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join