It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desolation of America.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: darkspace
and what are the generators fueled with?

Usually Diesel
and the cooling system is what they are there to protect. in the eventuality of an Nuclear strike or similar attacks with Emp-effects. not much electronic equipment would survive that. i don't have any diagrams to show how the manual overrides would work.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkspace

originally posted by: dawnstar
and what are the generators fueled with?

Usually Diesel
and the cooling system is what they are there to protect. in the eventuality of an Nuclear strike or similar attacks with Emp-effects. not much electronic equipment would survive that. i don't have any diagrams to show how the manual overrides would work.

Fun fact is that the Russians and Chinese have been working on something that make regular EMP look like a musket

I am actually interested how America would react once nothing launches and the only thing that can be used is Rifles and old WW2 tanks.

As it is said Babylon will fall and the King of the North will fight the King of the South.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster

I am actually interested how America would react once nothing launches and the only thing that can be used is Rifles and old WW2 tanks.

That would be Fear and despair!

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

most if not all nuclear reactors have safeguards to prevent meltdowns from happening, like Internal generators and manual overrides (non-electronic) to shut down the reactors safely

Yup and after about 30 days you better have a plan. I live 3 miles from a plant and know many workers. 30 days and all bets are off. They still need cooled forever and there's only enough on site diesel for about 30 days

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

most if not all nuclear reactors have safeguards to prevent meltdowns from happening, like Internal generators and manual overrides (non-electronic) to shut down the reactors safely

Yup and after about 30 days you better have a plan. I live 3 miles from a plant and know many workers. 30 days and all bets are off. They still need cooled forever and there's only enough on site diesel for about 30 days

I think if the Russians and Chinese did use the Hammer it would take about 30 days to completely take over. There might be some resistance fighters etc but in 30 days with their numbers and the new tech EASY!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join