It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Exposes Military Aide With Nuclear Codes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Someone sent me this little piece of irony here.

Biden, in his speech about Trump being unqualified to access nuclear codes, exposes aide who knows the nuclear codes to a crowd of Hilary fans.

I'm not American so I do not understand the gravity of what Biden does here, but I'm guessing it is somewhat of a security risk to point out to a crowd of people a military aide who knows the nuclear codes. To any military men and women who may have better insight on the topic, does this present a risk to not only the military aide, but to the country itself?

Or is this all par for the course?
edit on 16-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I would say yes, just as much as operation of a server containing classified data outside the reach of Federal security.

It's OK, though, no one will prosecute.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I wonder if that aid still has the nuclear codes or if they decided it was a National Security threat and had to give that responsibility to someone else. That would be the smart move.

Heck, they cite "National Security Concerns" on lots of circumstances just because it was a whistleblower who exposed crimes of the government. You would HOPE they at least cite National Security concerns over legitimate issues!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is why Biden is usually kept quiet.
He cant talk without stepping in it, and he did big time.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
LMAO....nothing like a big red arrow pointing to the nuclear codes ! Security breach much ? ...that's why Joe Biden doesn't talk much, he always says something dumb.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I believe Bill Clinton himself lost the nuclear codes at one point, at least according to General Hugh Shelton.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Nuclear codes are not static, and if they are, that's a giant security failure. They are probably on encrypted keys that change all the time.

And no Aide would have access to nuclear codes, only POTUS does. He doesn't even have access.

I dunno why he'd have said something so foolish but it can't possibly be true.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Nuclear codes are not static, and if they are, that's a giant security failure. They are probably on encrypted keys that change all the time.

And no Aide would have access to nuclear codes, only POTUS does. He doesn't even have access.

I dunno why he'd have said something so foolish but it can't possibly be true.

~Tenth

Yes I am ignorant of nuclear protocols, or even what nuclear code do to be honest. But given that Biden was railing against Trump for his untrustworthiness around nuclear codes, I am left wondering if this sort of thing is normal.
edit on 16-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Oh no I wasn't scolding you, sorry if it came out that way.

I just think old Biden got caught in the moment as he often does and said some crazy stuff.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It would seem that the vice president would have to have someone who has the launch codes travel with him in case the president gets whacked by a first strike.The continuity of government would then automatically make the vice president the president and he could launch a retaliatory strike.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

As far as I understand it, Nuclear Codes would only be presented to the VP by the Joint Chiefs of Staff upon being sworn in as POTUS.

But I could be wrong about that.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Oh no I wasn't scolding you, sorry if it came out that way.

I just think old Biden got caught in the moment as he often does and said some crazy stuff.

~Tenth

I didn't come off that way. I am just looking for some assurance about whether this is normal, or whether this was stupidity, hypocrisy, or a combination of both.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Biden isn't trusted with the codes either. In fact the president or the VP don't carry the football or know how to open it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That would be a huge security risk as well if true. The President could go to room temperature at a critical time and there would be no one with access and authority.

Biden's description of the protocol makes sense to me: one supposedly unknown SS agent with immediate access to those codes but without the authority to use them.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Saying "there's a guy that follows me, right back here" is hardly exposing an individual... especially when he waves his hand to a crowd of people. There are many secret service people who follow him around.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Saying "there's a guy that follows me, right back here" is hardly exposing an individual... especially when he waves his hand to a crowd of people. There are many secret service people who follow him around.

I appreciate your analysis. Saying something is one thing, but doing so while looking and pointing is another.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Tardacus

As far as I understand it, Nuclear Codes would only be presented to the VP by the Joint Chiefs of Staff upon being sworn in as POTUS.

But I could be wrong about that.

Well, even if you ARE wrong, it is hardly the end of the world - one would imagine that those kind of procedures are well known to anyone with a vested interest, foreign as well as domestic.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Well, even if you ARE wrong, it is hardly the end of the world - one would imagine that those kind of procedures are well known to anyone with a vested interest, foreign as well as domestic.

Uh, I see what I did there!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would trust Donald Trump with the nuclear codes before I would trust the mentally questionable Hillary Clinton with them. As far as Biden goes, he is just too weird and too emotionally wacky. In the heat of his wacky rhetoric, he always lets something slip that just sounds off. If what he said is true, he just endangered the lives of those men/women that "follow" him around.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I would trust Donald Trump with the nuclear codes before I would trust the mentally questionable Hillary Clinton with them. As far as Biden goes, he is just too weird and too emotionally wacky. In the heat of his wacky rhetoric, he always lets something slip that just sounds off. If what he said is true, he just endangered the lives of those men/women that "follow" him around.

Biden did nothing of the sort.

The VP is a member of the National Command Authority. He has the ability, with the consent of the Secretary of Defence (and, if necessary, their deputy) to authorise the use of nuclear weapons.

Members of the NCA are accompanied at all times by military aides carrying the "football" briefcase.

Casually waiving his arm and referring to these people doesn't in itself endanger them. Referring to them, or any other government employee, during a partisan political speech is however a bit incautious. But it's hardly a hanging offence and I don't really get the contrived outrage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join