It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Again, explain how evolution would be so vastly different in your timeline, yet everything else is almost identical! The changes you are talking about would result in a change to our outward appearance as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Every time you access a memory, you write over it with a layer of whatever you are feeling or thinking at that moment. If you do this enough, the earlier memory becomes completely muddied with details added later. This has been conclusively proven by the research of Elizabeth Loftus and others.

But you do find your way home everyday? Remember an adress or a name?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
a reply to: Greggers

Here are a few skits on youtube that use "Luke." This is just a tiny sampling of stuff I found in five minutes. This kind of spoof has been going on for DECADES, long before there was even an internet.

So when and where was I exposed to it. I have known it was "Luke" since the nineties and I can prove to myself that I thought it was "Luke" back in 2006 so these YT vids are meaningless.

Show me an example of a movie, series, or comedy skit that has the qoute.

Regarding the merchandise, never saw anyone with a Tshirt or whatever. Never saw a poster.

And even if I did, why would it trump my memory of this iconic line and watching it hundreds of times.

I'd bet it applies to you too, even if you don't know it, indirectly by proxy if not directly. Occam's razor and all that.

Again, why your memory is inaccurate isn't really relevant to the overall sociological phenomena. No one can tell you why you're SPECIFIC memory is incorrect... apparently, not even you. And there is no reason to get into a debate with you specifically about what you have or haven't experienced in your lifetime.

What we can do is point you to Elizabeth Loftus' work. She was the first to document the "misinformation effect," wherein information supplied after an event actually alters the previously recorded memory. There is no prerequisite that you actually remember the misinformation for this effect to happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Every time you access a memory, you write over it with a layer of whatever you are feeling or thinking at that moment. If you do this enough, the earlier memory becomes completely muddied with details added later. This has been conclusively proven by the research of Elizabeth Loftus and others.

But you do find your way home everyday? Remember an adress or a name?

It would be very hard for the misinformation effect to erase the memory of where you live, seeing as how the actual real-world location of the place is reinforced in your mind every single day of your life.

Addresses and names? I'm terrible with those, especially with names. There are people I've known for years whose names I struggle with, irrespective of the "misinformation effect."

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That is not a recalled memory. This has been explained hundreds of times. If you decided not to go to work for say a year, you may (or WILL) have some confusion when trying it again after so long.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Again, explain how evolution would be so vastly different in your timeline, yet everything else is almost identical!

If there are infinite timelines one is bound to be almost identical but with a different anatomy.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

One more time: 1) the kidneys are in the area where the OP remembers them being, the small of the back. This is his pic and I have added a black circle where they really are (aproximately of course). They are still in the small of the back, hence people get kidney punches. The kidneys are not completely under the rib, now that would be a real change if they were.

2) Some diagrams show the kidneys slightly lower than they are (hence I posted those 2 examples). What I was trying to say is that the OP has seen those incorrect diagrams in this timeline, they have nothing to do with any other dimensions or whatever. However, slightly lower doesn't make for a major 'Mandela change', they are still in the same area, I repeat: the small of the back. Hence he remembers them correctly.

I have known it was "Luke" since the nineties and I can prove to myself that I thought it was "Luke" back in 2006 so these YT vids are meaningless.

Show me an example of a movie, series, or comedy skit that has the qoute.

This is the movie that made most believe it was 'Luke, IAYF'. Even in non English speaking countries.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But he said this,

Every time you access a memory, you write over it with a layer of whatever you are feeling or thinking at that moment. If you do this enough, the earlier memory becomes completely muddied with details added later

Pay attention.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I think the Mandela Effect should have its name changed to this.
The organs are exactly where I was shown in grade school.

I think people who claim to know exactly what the Mandela Effect is a manifestation of suffer the exact same problem. Unless of course you have gone through the classified files at all the alphabet agencies, or places like Tavistock; anything involved in applied-psychology or psychological warfare.

There are three options to the phenomena (which is currently ignored) and confirmation bias is a tragic commonality among those who deny it without any further thought, as much as it is to someone who might declare it in the affirmative (worse on the former actually, as the latter often has compounded arguments to make the case).

The three sides of Mandela Effect:

First: It's Happening.

Second: It's not happening.

Third: It's a carefully crafted & facilitated human creation with the sole purpose of having proponents of the first & second jump to confirmation bias, create the very arguments people are having, and distract from other themes.

I can't tell you which one is correct but I can at least observe & recognize all three possibilities, no matter how seemingly unlikely any of the 3 might be.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But he said this,

Every time you access a memory, you write over it with a layer of whatever you are feeling or thinking at that moment. If you do this enough, the earlier memory becomes completely muddied with details added later

Pay attention.

Yes. Notice the word "layer."

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
By the way, the fact that people haven't forgotten where they live should further reinforce the "faulty memory" explanation for ME.

People are very unlikely to experience a faulty memory of where they live because the real-world, physical location of their home is reinforced every single day of their lives. However, people are very likely to misremember basic trivia which has no direct relevance to their day-to-day functioning.

Now, if 10,000 people all showed up at the wrong house one day after work, or went to work and found that it was gone and perhaps had never been there, THEN you might have something.

The problem is, all you have is people misremembering the exact kinds of things one would expect large numbers of people to misremember, per previously documented effects of human psychology. It does not make a very compelling argument.
edit on 19-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Yes. Notice the word "layer."

The word "layer" has nothing to do with it.

You were saying that every time a memory is accessed it gets overwritten and if accessed a lot of times it will become completely muddied.

So this would actually speak in favor of the Luke thing, since like you just pointed out, such a memory would not be accessed often.

So you are wrong somewhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes, that is a recalled memory. You aren't watching Star Wars every time you recall the memory. You ARE driving home from work every day, which reinforced the memory with hard data, not recalled data. It's not that hard to comprehend.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You, seem to have trouble comprehending things again. My point is that his claim doesn't add up. I wasn't talking to you.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

His claim does add up, and you aren't understanding it.

To illustrate: If I give someone else directions to my work every day without actually going to work, and right after I give the instructions I read similar instructions but slightly changed (Let's say take the 2nd left instead of the 3rd), and I do that for a few weeks, my real memory of how to get to work will merge with the memory of reading the slightly wrong directions. Then I will get in my car, drive to work, and take the 2nd left instead of the 3rd. I will immediately realize this was an error because it doesn't look right, and will go and take the 3rd left. My brain will the fix the memory.

If I do the drive every day, I remember to take the 3rd left, and when I do it looks right, so the memory is being written over with the current memory, further reinforcing it.
edit on 19-8-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This was the claim, Raymunddontknow.

Then, this statement was made,

However, people are very likely to misremember basic trivia which has no direct relevance to their day-to-day functioning.

The two statements contradict each other, the first seems to suggest that the less you think of things the less likely it is that the memory of it gets muddied.

edit on 19-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

All you are doing is demonstrating your own lack of cognition. Attempting to add a "don't know" shows that you are intellectually inept, and devolve to base behavior when confused.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

One more time: 1) the kidneys are in the area where the OP remembers them being, the small of the back. This is his pic and I have added a black circle where they really are (aproximately of course).

Is the black circle in the same spot? No? Then how are they in the same spot? You are grasping at semantic straws here.

"Look, at this pic, and the circle I added, it completely contradicts my argument! Derp".

This was the only point I was making to you. You said they are still in the same spot the OP says they used to be according to him, but you also say yourself that the pic he posted to point out this postion shows the incorrect position........

2) Some diagrams show the kidneys slightly lower than they are (hence I posted those 2 examples). What I was trying to say is that the OP has seen those incorrect diagrams in this timeline,

No, you said this,

You don't understand: the kidneys are in that area he says, the waistline, the confusion (or bad memory) comes with the position of the xrays (which can be trick to read) or different diagrams showing the kidneys in a way they look lower than in other diagrams. Here are two examples, where the kidneys are shown just as the pic the OP posted:

And since these are incorrect, they are not in the position the OP says they used to be, which is what you claimed and what I reponded to.

This is the movie that made most believe it was 'Luke, IAYF'. Even in non English speaking countries.

You are again including statements you can't possibly support. How do you know it made most believe anything, that is, if they even saw it.

I don't remember ever seeing this, I do remember seeing Star Wars hundreds of times.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What about ignoring the actual point?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I think you missed my point, which is par for the course. Your quotes make perfect sense to everyone but you. Your problem is you think they are mutually exclusive statements.

Think of it like this. If I drive my car every day I am wearing it out. Eventually the car will deteriorate over time. I can make it last longer by taking care of it on a regular basis, maybe even over the course of my entire life. If I decide "I don't want to wear my car out, so I just won't drive it" and I leave it in my garage, when I suddenly want to drive it after many years it won't work. I have to do some basic repairs and maintenance to get it started.
edit on 19-8-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join