It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Trump Loses The Election?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
As of this posting, 16 August, 2016, Donald Trump is trailing in the polls. This has provoked first denial, then anger, from the candidate. In the past, he has claimed that the primaries were "rigged." Now he is hinting that the elections will be rigged. He has exhorted his followers to monitor the polling places, particularly in Pennsylvania.

The Clinton machine has been hitting the pavement for the last eight years, drumming up support in precincts all across the country. They understand the electoral map and have strengthened their hold on the big blue states and established firm beachheads in the "battleground" states. The Trump campaign has yet to show any coordinated strategy; in fact, the Republican party is hovering on the point of withdrawing support.

A Clinton victory seems all but certain: even if Donald Trump somehow manages to win a plurality, that is, more of the popular vote than Clinton, the Clinton campaign's strategy seems certain to deliver the Electoral College. In other words, Trump can "win" the popular vote and still lose the election.

Here are my questions to Trump supporters:

1. Do you intend to monitor the polling places on election day, looking for voter fraud? What would you look for? If you suspect voter fraud, what would you do? Have you familiarized yourself with the election laws in your state? (They vary from state to state.)

2. How do you think Trump will react on election night as the media predicts a Clinton victory?

3. How do you think Trump would react if the election is officially called in Clinton's favor, although Trump had a larger share of the popular vote? Would he concede graciously? Would he contest it in the Supreme Court?

4. How would you react? Would you shrug and say to yourself "ya win some, ya lose some," or would you take to the street?

5. What if the Supreme Court, all of whom were appointed by the "mainstream" parties, ruled in Clinton's favor? How do you think Trump would react? How would you react?

All of this is hypothetical, of course, but I am curious as to how Trump supporters feel. It is easy for Trump skeptics to predict chaos and rioting, but I am hoping to see honest, thoughtful, and conciliatory reactions from my fellow ATS members.
edit on 16-8-2016 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

+36 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If Trump loses?

Simple.

Everything everyone says they absolutely hate about this country and the cronyism and corruption rampant in its politics will not get better. Nothing will change. It will only get worse. The Clintons are the poster children for all of it.

So we at least know what we are getting.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If Trump loses?

Simple.

Everything everyone says they absolutely hate about this country and the cronyism and corruption rampant in its politics will not get better. Nothing will change. It will only get worse. The Clintons are the poster children for all of it.

Yes, because Donald trump is the solution to Americas problems.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
All the Trump supporters on ATS will complain about how the election was rigged, and then spend the next four years digging up obscure conspiracies about O̶b̶a̶m̶a̶, Hillary.
edit on 16-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

If Trump loses?

Simple.

I asked a series of specific question. Please answer them honestly instead of trying to derail the thread. Your response sounds like you are prepared to shrug a Trump loss off. This does not bode well for the enthusiasm of his supporters.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
All the Trump supporters on ATS will complain about how the election was rigged, and then spend the next four years digging up obscure conspiracies about O̶b̶a̶m̶a̶, Hillary.

Probably, but I am hoping they will speak for themselves.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Conspiracies?

There are no conspiracies against her. Only facts. And the fact is, she's a murderous, lying, corrupted criminal, that does not give a damn about the American people. She's owned by anyone with enough cash.

At least with Trump, there's some hope things in America can change. Not only there but all over the world, because as you know, all major wars in the recent years, have been caused by the USA and it's already outdated foreign policy.

Vote Trump for a hope of better future, and vote Hillary for the continuing destabilization of regions all around the world, and "amazing" economic in every other growth.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: cuckooold
At least with Trump, there's some hope things in America can change..

Hope and change?

Hope and change.

It's so familiar, it's almost like we just spent 8 years listening to people criticize "hope and change".
edit on 8/16/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What if he loses?

He's never stood a chance and continues to do so with each tweet and word that exits his orange mouth.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

In the past, he has claimed that the primaries were "rigged." Now he is hinting that the elections will be rigged. He has exhorted his followers to monitor the polling places, particularly in Pennsylvania.

What, are yo playing the dumb card? The elections are rigged.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I did not say hope and change. I specifically said, there's some hope things in America could change. I guess I did, but not in that context

With Hillary, you know for a fact things will only get worst.
edit on 213k2016Tuesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

At least with Trump, there's some hope things in America can change. Not only there but all over the world, because as you know, all major wars in the recent years, have been caused by the USA and it's already outdated foreign policy.

Why can't Trump supporters answer simple questions about Trump and their support for him without deflecting to Hillary? Are you an American voter? If not, you can still answer the questions in the OP as though you were. I am not interested in your opinion of Clinton, I am interested in what you would do, as a patriotic American citizen, if Hillary won on Electoral College votes.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

In the past, he has claimed that the primaries were "rigged." Now he is hinting that the elections will be rigged. He has exhorted his followers to monitor the polling places, particularly in Pennsylvania.

Let's assume they are. The point to the OP is: what do you intend to do about it? Even if you are not an American citizen, you can answer the questions as though you were.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
she's a murderous, lying, corrupted criminal,

When was she convicted of those "crimes"?

Oh, that claim is just made up!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Aye, until Clinton is actually convicted with something (and she's not even been charged with anything) then we really can't say she's a criminal.

Trump, by contrast, is facing multiple criminal charges in multiple courts.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If Trump loses?

Simple.

Funny... as of this posting, seven people have starred this post with its attempt at deflection, but not one member has actually had the courage to answer any of the questions. Perhaps some of Trump's supporters here cannot access websites that describe the American electoral process.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Let's assume they are. The point to the OP is: what do you intend to do about it? Even if you are not an American citizen, you can answer the questions as though you were.

Lol, my generation knows the game is rigged, older people have seen it all before. We muse, we scoff, we shrug our shoulders after trying to convince the younger set whats what they got deaf ears.

Our generations mentor, telling it like it is. Better listen America. Take it away Sir George...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lol, my generation knows the game is rigged, older people have seen it all before. We muse, we scoff, we shrug our shoulders after trying to convince the younger set whats what they got deaf ears.

So you intend to do exactly nothing? I guess Trump is not nearly as inspiring as he thinks he is.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So you intend to do exactly nothing?

I can only be the change I want to see.

Other than that, you missed Carlins message entirely.

Edit: I liken it to this parallel. Imagine you live in Nazi Germany or Stalins Russia. I know elections were suspended at some point. but before that when they still had faux elections, there was the illusion of casting a vote and making a difference. Because things suck, When election time comes you rally to the peoples cause, have hope you can believe in, effect change and get out the vote. What people don't realize is that in those respective Empires, there's no change positive, possible. The Nazis will only allow other Nazis into power along side them.

edit on 16-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So you intend to do exactly nothing?

I can only be the change I want to see.

Other than that, you missed Carlins message entirely.

I didn't ask what Carlin would do, I asked what you would do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join