It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you meditate? What system or school do you follow?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What are you looking for when meditating? If you are looking for something then you are acknowledging that there is something missing. If you are not looking for something then that would mean you felt whole and at peace. It is a bit of a joke really!!
Is it peace that you seek? If so stop believing that there is some 'thing' other than what there is.

The only 'thing' worth seeking is no thing.
What is there really?

There is just what there is - but words arise and speak of other than this that is - the words make believe there is some 'thing'.
Can it be noticed that there is seeing and hearing?

'What we are looking for is what is looking (seeing).' St Francis of Asissi.
The truth is hidden in the plain act of seeing (sight).

Ever hear..."Never judge a book by it's cover"?

Seeing (sight), in the physical sense with veiled eyes, results in subjectivity, whereas seeing (seeing) in meditation and with the third eye can open the realm of the 'all' or the 'one', which can be looking back and has done so for me.

And from the posters' experiences here, it appears to be the hidden truth because of similar experiences. So, your quotes above may actually be referring to the act of seeing while meditating or using one's third eye. It is open for interpretation.
edit on 18-8-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: InTheLight

That could mean focusing on the same thing like a place or a symbol.

I completely clear my thoughts to a place of nothingness, so, yes, you could say I focus on that place.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Seeing (sight), in the physical sense with veiled eyes, results in subjectivity, whereas seeing (seeing) in meditation and with the third eye can open the realm of the 'all' or the 'one', which can be looking back and has done so for me.

And from the posters' experiences here, it appears to be the hidden truth because of similar experiences. So, your quotes above may actually be referring to the act of seeing while meditating or using one's third eye. It is open for interpretation.

No subject or object is implied with the word 'seeing'. All appears within the seeing - seeing/knowing is the one that allows all to appear. The seer and seen arise as one seamless happening.
Meditation or third eye is not needed for 'seeing' (knowing) to be happening - it is the one that never not happens. However, the practice of meditation maybe required for this to be noticed. Every thought and sensation will come and go but the witness never comes or goes - the unconditional space of awareness.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I completely clear my thoughts to a place of nothingness, so, yes, you could say I focus on that place.
That is impossible!!!
'I' is a thought that thinks it can do something. But really 'I' is just a word arising which points to nothing.
Where is the 'place' of nothingness?

Nothingness is what there is until words make believe there is some thing. The first 'thing' that has to imagined is a separate 'you'. Until there is an imagined separate 'you' - there is simply what is happening - which isn't any thing - it is the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

That is impossible!!!
'I' is a thought!

Impossible for you, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The post has now been edited to hopefully explain it more fully

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

That is impossible!!!
'I' is a thought!

Impossible for you, perhaps.

It is possible for you to stop thinking - but it would be by realising that 'you' have never thought anything!!
Thoughts just arise - you are seeing them arise - but there maybe a belief that you can do them or not do them.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

To me, the nothingness is a state whereby I can just 'be' without words, then nothing happens; everything remains as nothing.

However, if I enter the nothingness as a junction to another state, such as to call forth my spirit guide, then with this singleness of purpose, I can remain in the nothingness and words are not required as it is already 'known'. However, words spoken to me in the nothingness may impart something.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

To me, the nothingness is a state whereby I can just 'be' without words, then nothing happens; everything remains as nothing.

However, if I enter the nothingness as a junction to another state, such as to call forth my spirit guide, then with this singleness of purpose, I can remain in the nothingness and words are not required as it is already 'known'. However, words spoken to me in the nothingness may impart something.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It seems like you want to go somewhere to get something if you require a guide - is it nothing you want or some thing?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It seems like you want to go somewhere to get something if you require a guide - is it nothing you want or some thing?

That is what I believed in the past. I believed I needed a protector to meditate to something. The guide laughed at me, so now I mostly meditate into the nothingness and just 'be'. I don't need to be in a meditative state for my third eye to 'see'.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Nope just sleep.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

We seemed to have reached and agreement to disagree.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nature gives me the greatest peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

We seemed to have reached and agreement to disagree.

Lol, I just said sleep, and you said vision quest, which hints to me that you believe that I would do something differently when I sleep for the purpose of seeing the future or something.

Sorry if the "Lazy Bastard" style isn't as extravagant as you'd like to think.
edit on 20-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

LOL I just assumed you were being pragmatic in relation to the topic.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ParadigmMind

Great thread!
I generally do a form of third eye meditation, with focus between the brows.
Great experiences, lots of light, and a real easy way to get into the astral layer.
I love humming meditations as well, and you can never go wrong with complete silence and sitting "as a statue".

Mix it up!

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It is hard to explain "nothingness" to one who has not experienced "nothingness".
The conceptual mind gets into the way and flusters itself.

Don't perceive with your mind, Itisnowagain, know with your essence

The answer you're seeking is far less complicated.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
one method that used to work for me, was to focus on the "color" white in my inner mind, letting everything around me turn blinding white, then pulling the whiteness into myself, into every cell of my body, turning myself into pure energy and the body seizes to exist. now i am the whiteness and star expanding it until the house, the town, the earth, the solar system, the galaxy, the universe, the multiverse, and last time itself. if i did this correctly i would now be able to either travel where ever i wanted, just by taking control of where, what and when i want to "observe".. i hope this helps a little, and personally that i will be able to do this again myself (haven't been able to meditate for years) and i Have ADHD, so achieving this goal isn't as easy as it is for a "normal" person
Good luck!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The first thing you need is a number 2 pencil, the ones with a copper top designed to hold the eraser.

The next thing you need to do is place the copper portion of your pencil about 1 cm from the center of your forehead, preferably and initially the location centered to the eyebrows.

That experience you are having you need to replicate without using the pencil while engaging in meditation.

This will assist those so inclined to try this to opening the Forehead Chakra.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join