It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim gangs attack beach goers in Corsica, France

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What exactly did they drop there and what was the result?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Rumble on the beach aside, WTF is the point in banning burkinis? They just look like a fekking looser wetsuit with a skirt-like/tunic-like embellishment, come on. The backlash makes me want one, as an "F off" to everyone uptight.

What's next, banning tankinis because they don't show stomach like a true two-piece?

edit on 8/16/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So if you ever visited Saudi Arabia, would you defy their laws too?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
since nobody could be bothered to look...

here it is...

BBC - Mayor bans burkinis amid tensions

A village mayor in Corsica has banned full-body swimsuits known as "burkinis" after a beach brawl between families of North African descent and local youths. The ban was imposed at a special council session on Sunday in Sisco amid tensions over the brawl, in which five people were hurt. Authorities in Cannes and Villeneuve-Loubet, on the French Riviera, also banned Islamic burkinis this month. Witnesses say hatchets and harpoons were used in the Sisco beach brawl.

there is plenty more on that link

What do you mean no one bothered to look.

I read several sites.

Banning the Burkina came after.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not sure about the rest of you but when i click on a link an ad for "isis alert app" pops up i get the impression the bias may be a little one sided........just sayin....

I could just be a rude prick but tbh i think the burkini has a place on the beach for those who have no shame to be blunt....

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Rumble on the beach aside, WTF is the point in banning burkinis? They just look like a fekking looser wetsuit with a skirt-like/tunic-like embellishment, come on. The backlash makes me want one, as an "F off" to everyone uptight.

What's next, banning tankinis because they don't show stomach like a true two-piece?

It's all about cultural blending.

You know "When in Rome".

You can't be different. It causes problems.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Muslims should respect France's right to keep religious influences away from secularism. If Immigrants wish to respect France as a host country they should abide by their laws.

The same as if a French person visits a predominantly Muslim country, they should respect their laws.

So if France wants to ban the Burka, then it should be respected. If Saudi Arabia wishes all women to be covered up, it should be respected.

You cannot pick and choose.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's all about cultural blending.

You know "When in Rome".

You can't be different. It causes problems.

I get the sarcasm, but hell, let's take it a step further and even out the scantily-clad beach rules. No more board shorts allowed for men. They have no need to cover those thighs up. From now on, it's speedos --the tinier, the better. I don't care if it's like stuffing bowling balls into a marble bag, they don't need to cover up. What are men hiding, anyway? Are their wives & families controlling what the rest of us see or something?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sacre diddly blue.
Who'd have thunk.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

here is an interesting article you might want to read

and if you want an unbiased report try this one for change

and guess what

Still, the burkini seems unstoppable, at least economically, in Muslim-majority as well as Western countries. Burkinis and similarly modest clothing have been taking off in recent years, with stores such as Marks and Spencer and haute couture labels such as DKNY and Dolce & Gabbana offering Muslim-friendly fashion. Muslim sartorial spending is expected to surge 82 percent by 2019 (compared to 2013), reaching $484 billion. It also turns out that not only Muslim women want to wear these designs—for modesty, for protection from the sun, or for other reasons. According to Aheda Zanetti, the inventor of the burkini, 35 to 45 percent of her swimsuit orders go to non-Muslims. “Now we have sales all over the world,” she told Newsweek. “And whenever they ban it…it goes very well for me. People just buy more of them.”

from this site

the fuel for haters is abundant

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE
Thanks for the link! I know this kind of swimwear is becoming more popular, I have a few conservative friends who've bought them. It'll really knock the anti-burkini crowd down a few pegs if they'd google up "pious christian swimwear" and "modest christian swimwear". The idea of beach modesty isn't exactly all that foreign (pardon the pun)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Sacre diddly blue.
Who'd have thunk.

Whats with the diddly ! Is that like a Ned Flanders thing ?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Modesty is one thing.

But flaunting religious/cultural associated dresswear in a country recently shocked by Islamic terrorist attacks is a tad sickening.

Maybe the pro-burkini groups would have a better time in Saudi Arabia, rather than insulting the people of France?

For those not in the know, France has hundreds of years of history of being a place that loves and adores women and the female form.

They have EVERY right to ban the burkini.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

So, what happens if the women just switch to wetsuits & a re-purposed fashion neck scarf instead? Ban those, too?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

So, what happens if the women just switch to wetsuits & a re-purposed fashion neck scarf instead? Ban those, too?

Why are you so insistent on defending Islamic garb? Also why are you so insistent that France breaks the law to appease the minority?

Would you be so joyous in your views if someone was whipped in Saudi Arabia or wherever for breaking their laws? Or does your way of thinking only really matter when it's a European country?

At the end of the day France is a secular country and shouldn''t be bullied into bending over to appease Islamic culture.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Why are you so insistent on defending Islamic garb? Also why are you so insistent that France breaks the law to appease the minority?

Would you be so joyous in your views if someone was whipped in Saudi Arabia or wherever for breaking their laws? Or does your way of thinking only really matter when it's a European country?

At the end of the day France is a secular country and shouldn''t be bullied into bending over to appease Islamic culture.

Why are you so hung up on what someone swims in? That's the bottom line. How does someone's beach attire ruin your day?

Edit: You're also neglecting to admit more than just Muslims wear ultra-modest swimwear at an increasing rate. Deal with it, people wear what they want to.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: WombRaider69

According to your link many French towns are banning the burkini. I don't get it. It's the most attractive thing I've seen the women wear. It looks like a colorful wet suit.

Beats me.

They look more sexy in them.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Deal with the fact it's illegal. If it offends you, go swimming somewhere that it's not frowned upon to swim in your natural form.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Deal with the fact it's illegal. If it offends you, go swimming somewhere that it's not frowned upon to swim in your natural form.

Thanks.

Arguing yourself into a hole here. I posed a question, and you're having a hissy fit. And you still didn't answer me. Should they go the extra mile & ban fashion scarves & wetsuits in France so the modest-inclined can't improvise? Dry suits, too? What does banning any of it accomplish?

Edit: Have you googled pious/modest christian swimwear yet?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

What does banning any of it accomplish?

One bureaucrat somewhere sitting in an office feeling like they had a win

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join