It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing MSM bias, Pro Trump Breitbart begins own polling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No secret now that polls are no longer in his favor Trump and his supporters are casting doubt on them. During the Primaries Trump would brag about his poll numbers, for some reason they were not biased then I guess.

Polling is done by all kinds of groups. Conservative, Liberal, media, non profits, for profits etc. For anyone to take your poll seriously you have release your methodology and data so others can review it. That helps eliminate polls that use leading question etc that are ignored by mass media and most people. The only real way to skew a poll today is by under or over sampling cell phone only users.

Cell phone only users with no landline tend to be under 35 thus more likely not to be conservative. Their is of course a proper statistical demographic of cell phone only users to sample that the better rated pollsters use. So the only way to put out what will be seen a legit poll and still skew the numbers slightly is to sample only land line giving you an older more conservative skew or over sample the cell phone only users to get a younger more liberal skew. It is much rarer to over sample cell phones, not because their are not liberal groups who would like to skew polls but, simply because it is much more expensive for every cell phone you ad to the mix, requiring live callers and not robo calls.

So what kind of difference will you see? Over all the results will be similar. Take for example Rasmussen who tends to skew much more conservative than other polls.

Rasmussen White House Watch

Clinton 43%, Trump 40%, Johnson 8%, Stein 2%

VS Fox News another Conservative group Fox News Poll: Clinton leads Trump by 10 points, both seen as flawed

Clinton 49%
Trump 39%
Other 5%
Wont vote 4%
Don't Know 4%

Now guess which pollster does not call cell phone users? If you guessed Rasmussen you are correct.

Trump and his supporters throw even these results out; FOX has been taken over by liberals who changed nothing but, polling data and Rasmussen is also a part of some liberal plot. That will be the claim.

Breitbart is one of Trumps biggest supporters. They have put out polls before often skewing Conservative as the also do not sample cell phones only landlines. None the less with all other polling groups in a great plot against Trump Breitbart commissioned their first poll.

“Breitbart News Network’s first national poll marks the start of a major initiative to give our readers an accurate assessment on where the American people stand on the key topics and people of the day — without the mainstream media filter.”

So what results did they come up with? Breitbart/Gravis Poll

Hillary Clinton Leads Donald Trump 42% to 37% Nationally in 4-Way with Johnson 9%, Stein 3%

The spin to try and make things not look so bad

“This is a four-way race, but the question is if Johnson and Stein can hold their voters through the general,”

Although we know in case of Johnson he has been gaining support at a good pace while Stein has held steady.

So what does this mean? Is Breitbart also under secret control by the liberals? Or maybe, just maybe all those polls are right.

And if you wondering what polls tell us historically about who is leading at this point after the convention? Since polling began in the 1952 election the person leading in the polls at this point after the two conventions has won the election 16 of 16 times. If Trump is going to turn it around he has do better than those other 16 candidates. I am not saying it impossible but, it would be extremely unlikely.
edit on 15-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I thought Johnson and Stein were gaining . . . see what happens when you don't turn on the news station for four days.

In my experience you have to take all the polls into consideration as well as their individual biases because they are all biased. I mean are you seriously going to take a bipartisan poll with only members of an elite liberal college and expect it to be unbiased (as example).

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Polls. Don't believe them. Just as you have discussed the outcome can be manipulated to show just about anything you want depending on your choice of who to poll. Their danger is they can sway votes. Sheeple like to mindlessly follow the crowd. Those masses just figure if "everybody" is voting for her/him then her/him must be o.k.

Maybe better to keep people guessing.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would say to that that this election is like nothing that has come before it.
Collusion of the media in helping a candidate cover up activities. Blatant Bias and misreporting..

I wouldn't believe the polls, if i talk to 10 people.. i might be lucky to have 2 who say they like Clinton.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't know, the samples I see for these polls are small, maybe 300-600 people. Some are large in the thousands and those it seems to even out quite a bit. This is within the last couple of weeks so don't bash me if that changes, just what I observed in a small window of a week or so.

Then there are some real wrenches like Nov 1 healthcare costs going up, leaks and any more terror attacks.

I'm not kidding myself though, it looks pretty solid she will win the electorates easily but the popular vote could be really screwed up. A lot of conservatives I think feel this is really end game, probably the last election they really have a chance and a lot on the line with the SC judges and gun ownership. The tea leaves are saying a lot will show up to make a final stand. Polls are not tracking on many issues right now that will be big a couple of weeks prior. It really would not even matter to me who wins other than taxes. Hillary is going to hurt me. No way I support raising taxes on anyone really when they blow money on things like Solandra. That was over half a billion. Gone up in smoke. Sickens me.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Is your thread the same thing that's being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com... today?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You can bet that Trump is watching the polls very closely and is looking to blame his plunge on something other than his stupid mistakes and lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
You can bet that Trump is watching the polls very closely and is looking to blame his plunge on something other than his stupid mistakes and lies.

What do you want him to do? Admit defeat? Of course he will blame it something else. Come on, that would be like Hillary admitting she committed perjury and totally lied about her server and deserves to be fined at a bare minimum.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: drifter1109
Polls. Don't believe them. Just as you have discussed the outcome can be manipulated to show just about anything you want depending on your choice of who to poll. Their danger is they can sway votes. Sheeple like to mindlessly follow the crowd. Those masses just figure if "everybody" is voting for her/him then her/him must be o.k.

Maybe better to keep people guessing.

You do not chose who to poll, you poll based upon statistical algorithms. So no a correctly done poll can not say whatever you want. Legit pollsters show the wording, method, data, demographics and results. You can chose to believe in polling or not. However you can not deny the modern polling began in 1952 post convention has shown the person leading after the conventions won the election 16 of 16 times.

And polling does not sway votes. How could it? You do not see a poll that says your candidate is losing and change your vote. The opposite if often the case. In fact you see Clinton telling people to ignore the polls and go out and vote because if people feel the election is already won they less likely to bother since their guy is going to win.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is your thread the same thing that's being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com... today?

My thread only includes the Breinbart data but, is not exclusively about it. It also includes the difference in cell and non cell phone, polling and why you see results differ slightly in some polls. Mostly it is about why legit polls are always so accurate.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

What do you want him to do? Admit defeat? Of course he will blame it something else. Come on, that would be like Hillary admitting she committed perjury and totally lied about her server and deserves to be fined at a bare minimum.

Read the polls and make some changes, which they have tried but Trumps keeps screwing it up. The polls say over and over that most people do not think Trump has the temperament to be President. It would be nice if he could at least fake it for more than a day.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The polls are no doubt concerning to a Trump supporter. However, the total votes cast in the 2016 GOP primary were almost 9 million more than cast in 2008 and 2012. The GOP did nothing to expand it's base by almost 50 percent in that interval. I think one of the big shortcomings of polling methodology is polling "likely" voters based on if they voted in the last election, something has drawn voters who have not participated in the process ever or those that haven't voted in a long time to the polls this year. The turnout to the GOP primary from a steady 21 millionish the past two cycles to over 29 million this year, is pretty impressive. I really wonder if the polling methodology is capturing previously apathetic voters who seem to have turned out in droves for the primary. It's telling that Hillary seems to be currently trying harder to court the Cuckservative, Neocon, and Globalist/Corporatist segments of the GOP who have already demonstrably been to the polls once rather than increasing turnout in traditional Democratic constituencies. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat concerned about the polls currently but, this has been a crazy cycle and conventional wisdom and methodologies seem to be lacking quite a bit this year.
I feel like it's a win no matter the outcome for me, the GOP Establishment has shown itself to be the elitist globalist scum I always feared they were, and if they think they can actively oppose the choice of the people and step right back in after helping defeat that choice like nothing happened I think they've got another rude surprise coming. Nationalism is not a dirty word, and if they think they can put that genie back in the bottle they are sorely mistaken.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: LifeMode

Read the polls and make some changes, which they have tried but Trumps keeps screwing it up. The polls say over and over that most people do not think Trump has the temperament to be President. It would be nice if he could at least fake it for more than a day.

I did not see anyone from H camp saying she was down for most of July either. Just not something they do. Always want to project power especially this late in the game. If he admits it once then he will have to keep doing it. Better to just ignore it and drive on, focus on the positive like his large rallies and her tiny pow wows and his social media strength then people will start believing that maybe the polls are nonsense. Not saying they are but that's what he will do. Neither one is about defeatism. Bernie did the same thing. So did Cruz.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Either way, it's going to be amazing the voter turnout. I just think it will break every record and likely stand for a long long time. The GOP will have to re-group regardless. Whites are getting out breed in the US. Same in Europe.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, if things go bad legally for Hillary, Trump is in.

Which would explain away how Trump feels not the need to self-censor.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Oh yes I believe the polls,so far everything I read regarding Trump negative,Hillary all positive,even with evidence being presented,blatant example,and yes they need to be monitored

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I would say to that that this election is like nothing that has come before it.
Collusion of the media in helping a candidate cover up activities. Blatant Bias and misreporting..

I wouldn't believe the polls, if i talk to 10 people.. i might be lucky to have 2 who say they like Clinton.

The media is not manipulating the outcomes. Mr. Trump is doing this all by himself.
He doesn't know what he's doing and he doesn't want to know. He's got lots of people willing to help him but he's too pig headed to take it. Blatant bias? Those are the words of losing campaign.
Right now as his numbers continue to fall the world breathes a sigh of relief. You have to know that. No one wants him to be president.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: drifter1109

Are you so easily led?
Then why would you think others are?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Right now as his numbers continue to fall the world breathes a sigh of relief. You have to know that. No one wants him to be president.

Thanks for the most blatant shill I have ever read lol. I am pretty sure there is quite a few people that feel the same way about probably the most corrupt person we know of ever running for president. I can't speak for a lot of the Trump blow hards and the fact that he is a toxic candidate no doubt, but in my opinion this contest to me is a battle between who is less toxic. The blinders must be on full bore for anyone not to believe that Hillary is more toxic. Yet I get the unabashed pounding that Hillary must be the choice in the Democratic mindset. As the Democrats are over looking her corruptness and at the party ideals/unity instead.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

That's the only alternative to you? You don't think a change in his approach would be a better way to handle things rather than blame others like a child would do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join