It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Selectively Edits Police Shooting Victim’s Sister’s Words to Protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
As the media incites more hatred and violence by manipulating the ignorant masses, CNN blatantly edits footage and misleads the viewer to protect violent black racists. The sister of the dead criminal was interview and said:

“Burnin down # ain’t going to help nothin! Y’all burnin’ down # we need in our community. Take that # to the suburbs. Burn that # down! We need our #! We need our weaves. I don’t wear it. But we need it.”

However, CNN reported that she "called for peace":

VIDEO: newsbusters.org...

But you wouldn’t guess Smith had said anything of the kind based on CNN’s reporting. Both on their website and televised on CNN Newsroom Monday, CNN described Sherelle Smith as “calling for peace.” They conveniently left out the rest of her message, calling for protesters to burn down the suburbs.

On CNN.com, under the subhead, “Residents try to heal,” the article read:

Smith's sister Sherelle Smith condemned the violence, saying the community needs the businesses affected. "Don't bring that violence here," Neal, his other sister, said while sobbing.

That was all CNN reported. Again on CNN Newsroom this morning, correspondent Ana Cabrera reported that Sherelle Smith* was “calling for peace,” before playing just a few seconds of Smith’s words that left out the most damning part.

edit on 15-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Pardon my ignorance, but when did CNN begin it's decline. It's gone from a trusted source of news to a complete rag specializing in propaganda, from my view anyway.

It's clear that CNN and in turn the Democrats want to incite racial violence, but why?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Pardon my ignorance, but when did CNN begin it's decline. It's gone from a trusted source of news to a complete rag specializing in propaganda, from my view anyway.

It's clear that CNN and in turn the Democrats want to incite racial violence, but why?

Agenda, Ratings, and Money!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Pretty short sighted agenda if you ask me! I would agree with the other two.

link   

Normally I am on board with any criticism of CNN, but I appreciate them not playing that loon's full video interview. What would be gained by it other than more stupid lemmings taking to the streets and infesting the suburban neighborhoods, causing violence, looting, etc?

link   
Looks like CNN is really falling fast.

So desperate.

Sickening and disheartening that people fall for this dreck.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Agenda, Ratings, and Money!

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. There is more going on here. I think there is way more fanatical ideology going on here than you think.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Normally I am on board with any criticism of CNN, but I appreciate them not playing that loon's full video interview. What would be gained by it other than more stupid lemmings taking to the streets and infesting the suburban neighborhoods, causing violence, looting, etc?

Ok.... So instead, claim she called for peace?

Tell me, do you think they would do the same if these were whites calling for the opposite?
edit on 15-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

My oh my!

This is exactly the sort of thing I was carrying on about last night:
If only we had actual Journalists doing the "News"...

The examples are endless, endlessly growing, while increasingly dripping in anti-journalistic ethics.
edit on 15-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Ok.... So instead, claim she called for peace?

Tell me, do you think they would do the same if these were whites calling for the opposite?

Totally agree. They are trying to polish a fresh turd.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If it's any indication,they are now in 3rd place behind MSNBC...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

...I appreciate them not playing that loon's full video interview.

I understand what you are saying, but the real problem with routinely not displaying these kinds of sentiments is that most of the the rest of the country has no idea how far and how bad our cultural dysfunction has become.

We are all sitting on a powder keg looking for a match. Mark my words.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Probably one of the best things about the Digital Age, is when the MSM lies by ommission like this we can find it on Alternative Media and blast it everywhere on Social Media.

So, why did CNN cover this up? I suspect it's because it hurt the narrative that they wish to promote.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I see so your ok with them playing just the part that makes her look like a sympathetic grieving sister not a vengeful sister saying go out and get Whitey in their neighborhood?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Shortly after Obama's administration made propaganda a legal tool to be used against the American populace.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It is not secret that the DNC was in collision with much of the media so why should it be a surprise they collude to further the Democratic agenda of divide and conquer?!?!?

link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Ah well that timeline would certainly fit. It doesn't explain why CNN and the media in general is slanting and reporting stories only on racial relations.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The examples are endless, endlessly growing, while increasingly dripping in anti-journalistic ethics.

Yeah you should check out my youtube page. I have clips of them being just as manipulative over the last 5 years.

www.youtube.com...

link   

What?

Then don't play it.

That's not what happened. They fabricated something else in its place.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The job of journalism is to promote the truth be it for good or ill.

It's to fight to give people an unbiased view from which to draw their own conclusions.

It's to cut through the red tape of deception, bias and propaganda.

Lies, propaganda, secrets, these things are the enemy of true journalism.

In a way, true journalists are heroes of truth and justice.

Most are dead now, bought off and turned by the promoters of lies, propaganda and secrets for which journalism was designed to fight and be the very counter of.

Journalists have sold their souls, and are now the creators and defenders of the very things they are meant to fight.

Where have our heroes gone?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Come on now...do you really have to ask why they would want to incite more violence? What happens when violence escalates to such a degree that local and state police cannot contain it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join