It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nuclear Weapons in Turkey at Risk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
We already knew that the Incirlik Air Base had been surrounded by pro Erdogan militia but according to this report from the Stimson Center there are nuclear weapons at that airbase.

Has anyone heard of plans to remove these weapons? I haven´t.

www.stimson.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the collective sane world would never let this happen...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Maybe the plan was a secret, but you had to do this thread right?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The "collective sane world" seams to be on vacations...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yea wow that would be some really big "Allah Akbar"!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Aren't they about 40 year old bombs? Probably full of pinball machine parts anyway..

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

"Allahuuuuuge Akbar" indeed.

To those saying the international community wouldn't allow this... What ever happened to those Iranian sanctions the whole world once agreed were so vital to keeping Iran from becoming a nuclear superpower? I'll tell you, the lines between good and evil in this world are becoming more blurry every day and it isn't because the evil ones are cleaning up their acts.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

All this reminds me of a movie or a documentary really, that I saw many years ago about a Muslim fundamentalist nation that would rise up, get ahold of nukes with delivery systems and open fire on the major western cities. I mean I saw this 40 years ago. Maybe you saw it.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I give it 3 years before either Nukes from Turkey, Pakistan, or Iran end up changing the world as we know it!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No, I'm a bit too young for that one, but the ideology behind the jihadists hasn't changed in my lifetime. Aside from brief periods of tense rest, it really hasn't changed in 1,000 years. Cultures either pander to and appease the jihadists, becoming slaves to a bunch of cracked zealots, or they're called and enemy of Allah and perpetually attacked. There are solutions, easy ones (for us at least) at that, but Western governments see far more use in milking the cash cow associated with the war on terror than they see in actually winning the war and eradicating the threats.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The State Department probably wants to leave them in place for our allies (or for when I.S. rolls in).

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Has anyone heard of plans to remove these weapons?

Ever heard of the Alamo? The special weapons area is the powder keg store room. If anyone over runs the base and the weapons are in danger, the last action of personnel will be to detonate them.

And the Turks, Russians, Iranians, whomever, know this risk full well. Thats why the weapons are there. To protect the base. Or blow it to kingdom come.

So no ones going to invade and the US military aren't leaving. Incirlik is considered US sovereign territory, an indispensable strategic asset to control the region and run airstrikes into Syria and Iraq.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Having worked as a custodial agent for nukes in Germany I can not go into any details. Suffice to say nobody will get those nukes. Not that taking them would be worth it. Turkey could make their own which is why keep ours there so they do not. Because if they do, then the Saudi''s follow Egypt as well and Iran would toss the nuke deal aside and get back in the game.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Tis my understanding that Iran never left the game.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Tis my understanding that Iran never left the game.

They left the nuclear game well at least all their uranium. And according to inspectors on the ground the places where we thought Iran might have been working on nuclear weapons have all been covered in cement and asphalt, so even if the deal ended today Iran would have a ton of work to do to get started again. The only hitch is on our side we have been slower at dropping sanctions then we agreed to but, that was mostly to make sure Iran was going to do the big stuff up front. Now it is just cameras and censors and inspections for next decade.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Save them for the 4th of July.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

edit on 16-8-2016 by Keidan because: In wrong place.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The "collective sane world" seams to be on vacations...

Vacuous, more like...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
A small poster in front of Incirlik main gates , as of today.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If this so called Erdogan militia can be controlled I suppose they will just stay there at the bases gates and don´t do much more that that.

But Erdogan may very well decide to step up with the US because of Gulen, he may let his militia occupy the base as a demonstration of sovereignty and things can happen.

I dont think that base is american territory, it´s a NATO base and probably most of the military personnel there is american but can´t be considered american territory.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join