It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there ever a situation where it is better for all involved if one decides to not tell the truth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Would it help? Maybe you the person you know wouldnt care and could help a lot of people including you. If this sht is even real.. You in the family of Ra? You don't want to do it yourself. Maybe its just a script though for One person since there is a lot of work put in on him. Maybe Im totally fckin wrong.. Just #in talk normal or everyone fcked if you happen to be awake. Noone cares but the truth and the truth forgives.. Rjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Here's a good rule to follow: If it eats you up inside, then it's better to let it all out (and not in a crowded elevator) (Yes, I know I'm using guy humor here). Basically, if withholding the truth hurts you, don't withhold it.

A long time ago, I had to break off a relationship because she was suffocating me - I kept it a secret that I wanted out for a year, and finally told her. She asked the hardest question "What did I do?". I used a half truth (it wasn't working out). The truth would have hurt her worse that this. So in this case, it saved some of her spirit.

If you want another context - we suspect that the reason for my parent's divorce was because someone had an affair. Guarantee you this, if the guilty party had told the truth, then my relationship with that person would pretty much be severed and it would have changed who I am.

My advice - if you cannot tell a lie, tell a half-truth to lesson the blow.

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well if youre a pssy and nothing to really relate about it everyones spirit will be crushed.. why not come together and who cares about the lies. Who was trying to blow before the half truth came alive

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Good I really thought your secret was "I just don't like you"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
In a nutshell, attributed to Sir Walter Scott >

**Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive**

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I like truth it is preferable than keeping someone invested and wasting their time. You may be over estimating yourself or underestimating the other person. "irrevocably emotionally invested".. perhaps ask yourself how much you really like having their affections as it does come off as gloating despite implying you're paying them a kindness.

If it's a situation where not telling the truth actually makes their life worse in the long run just man up and hurt them now.
edit on 18-8-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I say that you should get a big bucket of fried chicken, sit down, have some chicken and talk it through.

If things done shake out right, at least you guys got some chicken.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join