It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close are you in believing ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yea sure why not, it's been a long while since I bothered to write out my thoughts on the big question, "Why".

So I'll be 34 in a couple of months. There was a season of my life, think I was about 23, where I tried to do the religious thing. It was really not cool. Kinda like when I had a boyfriend in my what would have been senior year. Open to the experience, and it wasn't 100% horrible, but I left a hell of a lot more confused about who I was than having any kind of big transformation for the better.

With both things, I decided... well, you're maybe a little too open for your own good, and need to reflect on how far off the walls you went, and reel it back in. So I did.

The remaining 33 years are filled with a guy that likes to chase the muff, and a guy that is somewhere on the scale of wondering, but never fully sure. I leaned for most of my life (excluding the season of funk) as being more a believer than not, but let me say I've never understood accepting a God we could personally know, and so a God as it portrayed in organized religion. More that I felt there must be reason to existence, and that there must be some underlying order, from an intelligent being beyond our comprehension. In the last, lets say about 10 years maybe less, I've shifted more to not believing.

I'd say my reason for this is experience. I came to find most of what I couldn't explain, became either outright known, or could be inferred and understood indirectly. I then came to intuit that what remained likely had an explanation, but simply was yet to be known by myself, or human kind. You get around the sun more cycles, you see the same patterns, the same cycles, the same cons, the same people who just don't know better but really want to believe.

I find now, that what's left is assumptions, and misinterpretations of what's presented. There's just belief left for the sake of belief. It's more, there's psychology, there's needs, there's fear... but I don't require this anymore, I get the source of it. My little brother, he passed a decade ago now, I'm pretty sure that's what started the shift. I'm certain he's gone, I'm pretty damned sure he wasn't special, nor am I, nor is anyone else in the grand scheme, and I don't know why I should fear death outside of channeling that to live life to it's fullest.

I dunno, guess I just settled on this big question at some point. I'm still open to someone presenting something that actually makes sense which could change my mind, but I see the same things being presented slightly different, with the same leaps in logic, and it doesn't much entertain me anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why were you doing that?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Why were you doing that?

Because you posted a (disproven and fallacious) claim without any supporting evidence and I was trying to have you follow the site's motto. Do you happen to remember what it is?
edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

actually crick was VERY VERY anti-creationist. he despised religion.

another interesting tidbit - he was tripping on lsd when he discovered the helix structure.

edit on 15-8-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

actually crick was VERY VERY anti-creationist. he despised religion.

And? That doesn't make his claim any less fallacious.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why were you doing that?

Because you posted a (disproven and fallacious) claim without any supporting evidence and I was trying to have you follow the site's motto. Do you happen to remember what it is?

It's not a fallacious claim, it's Crick's hypothesis.

Besides how silly this attack is, I am surprised that there would be any overt resistance to an interesting idea that pretty much sums up the crucial nature of this site.

What gives?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why were you doing that?

It's not a fallacious claim, it's Crick's hypothesis.

No it's a claim, AND I just sourced it since you are so lazy and refuse to do so. HE never said that. It was said by Fred Hoyle and you incorrectly sourced Crick.

A junkyard contains all the bits and pieces of a Boeing 747, dismembered and in disarray. A whirlwind happens to blow through the yard. What is the chance that after its passage a fully assembled 747, ready to fly, will be found standing there? So small as to be negligible, even if a tornado were to blow through enough junkyards to fill the whole Universe.

Besides how silly this attack is, I am surprised that there would be any overt resistance to an interesting idea that pretty much sums up the crucial nature of this site.

What gives?

It's silly because it's wrong, fallacious, and because you are too lazy to even look up what you are saying is incorrectly attributed to the wrong person.
edit on 15-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Cool, thanks man. That's helpful.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

All I want to make sure is that when I die I stay dead. If a God brings me back to life I am going to flip big time.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

are you just going to keep posting videos without adding any commentary? you are supposed to share with us what specifically caught your attention in the video and start a discussion with actual words.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

are you just going to keep posting videos without adding any commentary? you are supposed to share with us what specifically caught your attention in the video and start a discussion with actual words.

This isn't the original forum and perspective I posted this info in....

It massively changes the point I was attempting to discuss but it's beyond my control

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

This isn't the original forum and perspective I posted this info in....

It massively changes the point I was attempting to discuss but it's beyond my control

what i got was "here, watch a video". ok, what about it?

edit on 15-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

If, thats all YOU gleam from it. I'm ok with that.

edit on 15-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If, that all YOU gleam from it. I'm ok with that.

what is the point you were attempting to discuss?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

There is over an hour of video in which to review which may help in a greater understanding of the greater whole. Yet within minutes there are a multitude of responses.

I'd like everyone who dropped their knee jerk responses and watch all 8 videos first then reread what I wrote first annd then please reply. Pro, Con, Fringe etc.

Ok, I just finished the whole series.

IMHO, this guy blows the modern, accepted, secular humanist model out of the water.

The fact that we are the pinnacle of man at the present time is a lie. There were, if not more advanced, at least equally advanced Civilizations in the ancient past. Antediluvian and pre adamic civilizations.

The modern secular humanists can't handle the truth of this, and the paradigm shifting reality it would force them to look at.

It is ridiculed and made fun of by the secular humanists in an attempt to minimize it, rather than be seriously looked at and considered. If it was SERIOUSLY considered it may just shatter their religious like dogma.

You can see the attempts at ridicule and marginalizing already in this thread.

The challenge to secular humanist dogma must be snuffed out.
edit on 8 15 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

a reply to: uncommitted

There is over an hour of video in which to review which may help in a greater understanding of the greater whole. Yet within minutes there are a multitude of responses.

I'd like everyone who dropped their knee jerk responses and watch all 8 videos first then reread what I wrote first annd then please reply. Pro, Con, Fringe etc.

Ok, I just finished the whole series.

IMHO, this guy blows the modern, accepted, secular humanist model out of the water.

The fact that we are the pinnacle of man at the present time is a lie. There were, if not more advanced, at least equally advanced Civilizations in the ancient past. Antediluvian and pre adamic civilizations.

The modern secular humanists can't handle the truth of this, and the paradigm shifting reality it would force them to look at.

It is ridiculed and made fun of by the secular humanists in an attempt to minimize it, rather than be seriously looked at and considered. If it was SERIOUSLY considered it may just shatter their religious like dogma.

i prefer the melchizedek version. makes for a fun "what if" kind of yarn.
edit on 15-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you for taking the time to view the complete series and giving your opinion on it.

edit on 15-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

To be honest I am going to look that up now.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Thank you for bringing this man and video to my attention.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join