It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016, the year of death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I've been meaning to write this thread for a while now, because 2016 has left me, like many others, emotionally destroyed.

What is it with death this year?

I have never known a year like it, we have celebrities dying all over the place, as well as friends and family.

It's not like people don't eventually "meet their maker", I have had friends die in the past, as well as family, but there has been years in between each of them.

So far this year I have seen one of my Uncles die (from the big C) and four friends die in tragic circumstances, and there is one currently holding on for life after suffering a brain hemorrhage.

It's not just my circle though, I have seen more RIP's on Facebook this year than enough.

Then, of course, there is the mass celebrity die off, can any of you honestly think of any other time in your lives where so many famous people have passed away?

The run up to 2016 seemed to be the start of it, so maybe it's more like the past year as a whole than this particular year.

I'm sure it's all just a massive coincidence with a perfectly logical explanation, but it's certainly an unpleasant one.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

edit on 15/8/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Perhaps, there is a removing of the wheat from the tares?

I'm not religious at all, in any sense of the word however, i too have noticed this.

Randy Quaid who people knock off as nuts, noticed it too.

the song home sweet home - motley crue, keeps drifting through my mind right now.

Wouldn't it be grand, if the secret door way out of here opened and only those with good souls could see it. anything is possible to those who believe, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I will say this about the big C you mentioned-

Most people for whatever reason are very insensitive to what I believe are harsh chemicals. I am very sensitive to them.

I notice many of these chemicals have pervaded a good many personal hygiene products and colognes. When I stand next to these people who use them, I feel like I am choking, and later I feel horrible. (While others will bathe in these products and not even notice.) I would not be surprised if these chemicals are causing cancer.

Expert panel confirms fragrance ingredient can cause cancer

Toxic Perfume Chemicals Linked to Cancer

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

So far this year I have seen one of my Uncles die (from the big C) and four friends die in tragic circumstances, and there is one currently holding on for life after suffering a brain hemorrhage.

Sorry for your loss. Thats why you are focused on death more right now. Who wouldn't be?

A neighbor of mine passed away last week. She was in her 80's, declining from various ailments. They finally put her on Hospice Care instead of rescuing her anymore. She had money to burn so they extended her suffering for as long as possible. I wonder how many people are advanced in years and go through the same process near their end? In that regard, lots of people aren't dying when its their time because of the Miracle of Medicine.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
im sorry for your loss but it seems that you are tuned into "death" death is a part of life and there is no escaping it but maybe a healthy thing to do is to see the benefit for the person who has passed on

its tough LIVING here on earth and the benefit of "dying" is getting away from all of the chaos we have here

thats why people say "rest in peace"

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh aye, death is the natural outcome of life, no doubt.

I've just never known a year like this.

In 36 years (prior to this year) I have lost 4 family members (Grandparents) and 3 friends, the last one being 13 years ago.

Yet in the space of just one year so many have passed on. My Uncle fair enough, he has had bad health since the early 90's from working in a factory (Leyland, Workington, making buses) that had asbestos nearby and also being a pigeon racer (pigeon lung). He had skin cancer this past couple of years which the doctor kept cutting out of him. In the end, it was a heart attack that got him, at 67 years old.

My friends, however, all ranged from the mid to late 30's to early 40's.

The celebrities, yes a lot of them are old, but then a lot of them aren't (In this modern age, 50's and 60's aren't really old IMO). But why now? Why all in the same period of time?

Again, it's probably just coincidence, but it's an eerie one.

edit on 15/8/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The rationalist in me suspects that this is mostly fueled by media coverage and perceived danger/trouble of contemporary times.

My intuitive side tells me that we're heading for a major shift as a civilization and we need to get ready.

I suspect both sides of me are somehow correct.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My friends, however, all ranged from the mid to late 30's to early 40's.

The celebrities, yes a lot of them are old, but then a lot of them aren't (In this modern age, 50's and 60's aren't really old IMO). But why now? Why all in the same period of time?

Again, it's probably just coincidence, but it's an eerie one.

I agree, that is eerie. Is there any way you feel comfortable enough to share how these four friends died? I understand if you don't its tragic and you're probably grieving on some level. I would be too. And a little creeped out.

But its not like they all died in a car wreck together right, but under individual circumstance? Please forgive me I don't mean to pry, but you got my curiosity up enough to ask.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

2016 is so messed up.

Not just the deaths, but everything is bad,

Look! even my frigging sandwich fell to the floor, butter side down, what a frigging surprise.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I killed all celebrities for fun. Try, it's awesome!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Caravan fire, pulmonary embolism, liver failure and testicular cancer

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Ouch. Thanks. So not out of sorts as to cause of death, like they all weren't killed mysteriously, just too many at once in a short time frame. I agree. Sorry to hear it.

In the last ten years all my immediate neighbor friends except one have died, too.

Thats five also. Three others have moved away to homes where they are facing their mortality, too.

I identify the loss, I knew these people, helped them in their twilight years, they were friends I could visit, hang out with, use as references and poof, now they are all gone.

Life isnt 'fair', it doesn't end well for the Meerkat.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well, there is speculation over the caravan incident, but not something I want to get into.

She was one of my closest friends, and it was just 2 weeks before my Uncle passed that we said goodbye to her.

Sorry to hear about your friends, it is hard when one minute you are sharing your life with them, then what feels like emptiness.

If you want to have a read about my friend in the caravan, the story is here:

News and Star

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ahhh, so sad.

Police are investigating the circumstances of Mrs Sloan's death.

"Her family are being supported by specially trained officers."

Oh, I see you don't want to discuss it. No problem. She looked nice.

When its our time its our time.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

My heart aches with you my friend ... Death surrounds us at every corner.. Lurking .. Waiting .. I feel death is upon us because the end is nigh .. I know I know .. The end has always been near but I've never felt like this before .. I'm a very sensitive person, an empath even and I've experienced some things recently .. I may sound a bit bonkers but let me tell you a secret .. All the best people are a bit mad my dear ....

Much peace to you xoxo

top topics

join