It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only we had actual Journalists doing the "News"...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
You really think they're beating on Trump because he's an outsider, like Ron Paul? Seriously? You give too much credit.

Here:
www.newyorker.com - Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All...

Trump is an attention whore and habitual liar. He can't run a business, he just knows how to sell a lie. The media is merely highlighting this. There's never been an easier candidate to dismiss than Trump. And also Ron Paul had probelms of his own. He's an isolationist extremist. Hardly electable. They were right.

But I'll say you're right there's bias in journalism. There're left and right news outlets. Everybody who's not FOX likes to say they're objective and only FOX isn't. Truth is they all twist the truth--maybe not equally.

The trouble is the consumer of the news. The people who watch these shows. WE have to be more responsible. You can't put all the blame on journalism. And WE ultimately vote. Nobody else does it. It's like those studies linking normal everyday people with nazi-like allegiances. We're innately subservient. The blame might fall on our DNA. But some studies I've seen suggest our higher brain can counter. We can fight our instinctive impulses by pausing and rationally reflecting. Similar can happen with people who have mental disorders. Once they're trained to recognize the disorder when it occurs, they can temper it. This is half the battle.
edit on 8/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

So True!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Listen to the BLM chick at the end of this video. She EXCLAIMS her props in her being a "Journalist".

Yet its clear shes ALL about advocating. If you advocate you aren't a Journalist. If your pieces are biased in regards to your advocacy agenda, then you aren't a Journalist.

It's not to denounce advocacy, I know I'm not a Journalist because I tend to advocate (thus making me a Propagandist er Counter-Propagandist).

The point is, anybody that can't be honest with others about this, let alone themselves, aren't merely non-Journalists, they're the worst kind. If you don't even understand what YOU are, and can't even be honest with YOURSELF about what YOU are, you're the worst kind of non-Journalist, especially if you proclaim yourself to be one.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join