It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget "Super Saturday", we have been given a "Spectcular Sunday"!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Okay, during the London Olympics in 2012, we as a nation, and I mean the United Kingdom", were sold the mid Olympic Saturday, as "Super Saturday". In all fairness to the campaign, Team G.B made quite a few Golds on the day, but it was the efforts in the Olympic Stadium by our athletes that made it so.

Today, and in the Gymnasium, the Velodrome, the Seas, the Golf course, Team G.B has delivered, on this "Spectacular Sunday".

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Okay, during the London Olympics in 2012, we as a nation, and I mean the United Kingdom", were sold the mid Olympic Saturday, as "Super Saturday". In all fairness to the campaign, Team G.B made quite a few Golds on the day, but it was the efforts in the Olympic Stadium by our athletes that made it so.

Today, and in the Gymnasium, the Velodrome, the Seas, the Golf course, Team G.B has delivered, on this "Spectacular Sunday".

No doubt about that, the talent is there, and so is the dedication, let's hope that UK sport et al continues to be sustained in funding and that dedication.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

No doubt about that, the talent is there, and so is the dedication, let's hope that UK sport et al continues to be sustained in funding and that dedication.

Exactly my friend, it's all about the funding, funding, funding.

Made me proud to be from he U.K for a change, not embarrassed!!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Hopefully Murray can win the match to win gold as well. Looks like an epic game so far.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yep. Better than China, who with such a vast population and focus on prestige sports, is found wanting.

Very impressed with our athletes. Just need (and I mean need) to win the next Rugby World Cup. Could not give a toss about football - too much money involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is EPIC!!

The Olympics are amazing and a good indicator to how society is performing!!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Yep. Better than China, who with such a vast population and focus on prestige sports, is found wanting.

Very impressed with our athletes. Just need (and I mean need) to win the next Rugby World Cup. Could not give a toss about football - too much money involved.

Football is an indicator of nothing, but still a decent indicator.

Edit:- This is how most pundits talk.
edit on 14/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Congratulations to G.B. Way to go over there. I am truly happy for you.

Now that is how you rock a Sunday.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah we've done really well so far, many more games to go and medals to win...Go GB.

new topics

top topics

join