It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit delay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's 2019 now and they are already talking how it could take even longer.
Grow a backbone!
You can destroy the EU, Neo, do it!

And I know posse comitatus is American people, but by now it should be all we the people.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well I've no doubt they'll try to make the separation as painful as possible.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Why not just be honest about it? People would be super pissed, in Europe everywhere and in the UK.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If only it was that easy.

Article 50 was never meant to be invoked, no one knows what to do. Don't worry though, I'm sure we'll never find the exit.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

well if I recall there was at least a 2 year time frame to complete it all under art. 50. Although an abrupt break is more effective in getting the message across, I say the people of Britain have a right to utilize that time to work out all the trade and border issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The longer it takes, the better for the UK. Firstly they will be able to line up trade deals with the rest of the world and secondly, it will give time for the UK to prepare.

There is a third reason and it's to do with the fact the EU want is to be quick about it. Have the French not learned that we won't be told what to do!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

... is what they say.
Europe is a comfortable pre-retirement castle for politicians you don't want or have any use for at home.
You wouldn't let the stupid peasants which didn't know what they did, take that away from you, would you?
And those monetary opportunities, just fabulous.
For them and their friends of course not you and me.
God forbid our servants (guess where the word minister comes from) move their asses and do their job.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The longer it takes, the better for the UK. Firstly they will be able to line up trade deals with the rest of the world and secondly, it will give time for the UK to prepare.

There is a third reason and it's to do with the fact the EU want is to be quick about it. Have the French not learned that we won't be told what to do!

It's not so much to do with the French, that's just the sillys. As for trade deals with the rest of the world, all of Europe does the trade and all of Europe also benefits from said deals.
edit on 14-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Invoking article 50 is two years to leave the EU only, not 2 years to leave and align new trade deals at the same time.
I don't think people realise how much the UK is in bed with the EU and what it means to separate - EU rules on trade - I use the example of food labelling and allergies as a positive for the EU, EU Court (do we still align to the European Court or straight to the International Court of Law?). Our whole constitution is aligned with the EU and many of the EU rules have been generated from the UK.
Personally I cannot see the UK rewriting the rule book and totally parting from the EU but just concentrating on the key issues - immigration/freedom of movement and the cost/free trade. Although that in itself will be a big ask to sort out

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
It's 2019 now and they are already talking how it could take even longer.
Grow a backbone!
You can destroy the EU, Neo, do it!

And I know posse comitatus is American people, but by now it should be all we the people.

Once Article 50 is invoked, there is a maximum of two years allowed for negotiation - after which it's considered the country/state is no longer part of the EU. As far as I'm aware, the government has always said the article will not be invoked this year, which means (assuming the full time for negotiations is allowed) it was always really going to be 2019.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Lol. Will the EU even survive to 2019?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The longer it takes
the closer to it Never hapening!

Grow a back bone and kick the !

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
If only it was that easy.

Article 50 was never meant to be invoked, no one knows what to do. Don't worry though, I'm sure we'll never find the exit.

The E.U. It's like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like. But you can never leave.

Seriously, good luck on the Brexit, though. I was married to a UK citizen and lived under the E.U. for 6 years. Glad to see you breaking out of the mafia Europa.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
From what I have read, only 13% of the UK's GDP goes to the eu anyway, its not like all of the UK GDP goes to the EU is it?

top topics

join