It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 10

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That Sword rocks Night!! I love it!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thats actually from a real life standpoint a pretty functional design. Would work real well.

Ok martial arts dorkness creeping in sorry... Dont tell anyone? **eyes dart left , right all shifty**

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Youre telling me about the dragons being protective of their breeding grounds. 😮

Do you know how many Census takers yearly who "quit" or "run off " (read disappear/eaten) on assignment that we have to replace on accasia?

They always sign up when they see the pension plan...suckers.

**holds hat**
RIP brave census takers.😕

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How's it going?

Those were some cool knife pics. I have a little collection; nothing like that though. No camera so no pics. Sorry.

If you like cheesy TV shows I posted the pilot episode for The Amazing Spiderman.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
I hope everyone's having a good day.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I'm on a mini-vacation this week so I have some time to write.
I don't like hogging up the thread but I hope you'll excuse me this evening.
I actually have two chapters to my story to offer.
So here it goes.
If anyone wants to read previous chapters to this tale they can be found here:
Aria and Errollorre
Now for the next two chapters.

Chapter 9

Errollorre sat at a table in the Wizard Carl’s library.
The table was filled with books and scrolls that he and the wizard had looked through trying to find an enchantment that would help Errollorre survive the contest for Aria’s hand in marriage.
The competition was scheduled to begin in just a few hours.

Errollorre looked at the Wizard Carl who was reading through yet another of the hundreds of books that lined the shelves in the wizard's library.
“This is hopeless.” said Errollorre in frustration. “We’ve been searching these writings all night and we are no closer to finding something to help me in the contest.
I might as well face it, I’m doomed.”
“You could withdraw from the contest.” said the Wizard as he continued reading.
“Withdraw?” said Errollorre. “Then the chance of winning Aria truly would be hopeless.”
“Then I suggest,” said the wizard. “That you continue looking through these books for an answer to your problem.”

Errollorre got up and walked over to one of the many bookshelves that lined the walls.
An old red leather bond book caught his eye.
He took it from the bookshelf and looked at its cover.
On it was written one word, “FORBIDDEN.”

Errollorre sat down at the table with the book, opened it and began reading.
His eyes grew wide. He looked at the Wizard Carl who was reading and not paying attention to him.
Errollorre looked back at the book, flipped through several pages and read some more.
“That’s horrible!” he said.
“What?” said the wizard looking up from his reading.
“What are you reading? Errollorre! There is a reason that book is marked “Forbidden.”
Put that back and look through something else.”

Errollorre got up and was about to close the book when his eye caught something written on its pages.
Errollorre sat down again and started reading excitedly.
“This is it!” said Errollorre.
“What is it?” asked the Wizard Carl.
“This enchantment, this spell, here in this book!” said Errollorre. “It says you can send someone to another point in time. You could send me back before the Witch Queen cursed Aria. I could save her and her memories of me.
Why I could save so many people.”
“No! No! No!” said the Wizard. “That book is marked forbidden for a reason.”
“Who marked it forbidden?” asked Errollorre.
“I did!” said the wizard. “Everything in that book I’ve done. I wrote that book to myself to remind myself what to never do again!”
“You’ve tried this spell? This one called “Time Stream?” asked Errollorre.

The Wizard Carl fell back into his chair.
“How is it you would stumble upon that one. Is it fate, or a curse?
Yes, I’ve used that enchantment. And it has taken me over five hundred years to get things back to where they are supposed to be.”

“You are over five hundred years old?” asked Errollorre.
“You don’t know that half of it.” said the wizard.
“Time is fixed, Errollorre. We live here and now. As bad or good things are, this is what is meant to be.
“Forget that spell Errollorre. It can only cause disaster.”
“Then I might as well prepare myself to die in the contest. I won’t back down. And I won’t live without Aria.

Errollorre sat down and stared at the floor dejectedly.
The Wizard Carl sat there thinking and after a few moments he smiled slightly.
“Yes.” said the wizard slowly. “Yes, there is a chance. It might work. The odds are against it. But there is a slight possibility.”
“What possibility?” What chance?” asked Errollorre.
“Listen to what I’m going to tell you Errollorre, and never forget it. The spell you are considering does indeed send a thing or person back in time.
Time is like a river or a stream always moving forward towards what or where it is intended.
If one goes back in that stream to a previous point, they can never change what is meant to be.
If they do make a change to events in time, then a new stream, a tributary to the main time stream breaks off and runs its own course.
The one who made the change would live out his life in that new time stream.
But it is an illusion. The main time stream would continue on.
To those here it would seem like you just went away somewhere and never returned.
But the new stream because it is false, is always doomed to become a reality much worse than what is meant to be.”

“Then what hope is there?” asked Errollorre. “If by going back I can only create a fantasy that ends in a nightmare?”
“You can not change what is meant to be.” said the Wizard. “But you and Aria were meant to be. But evil interfered. Breaking apart a marriage that should have been.
This was done by an evil enchantment. But because of the kind of spell that was used. There may be a loophole in the rules of time.”
“What kind of loophole?” asked Errollorre.
“Grab those four incense pots from the shelf.” said the wizard.
The wizard Carl walked over to the far side of the room to a door that was closed and covered with several wooden planks.
“Help me pull these off.” said the wizard.
Errollorre set down the incense pots and helped the wizard remove the planks barring the door.
The wizard mumbled some words and the door flew open.
“Pick up the pots and follow me.” said the wizard. “I’ll explain everything as we go upstairs.”

They entered a dank and musty smelling stone stairwell.
“Aria left it for me to dispose of this place.” said the wizard as they climbed the stairs.
“The workmen doing the castle renovations were too afraid to go up here.”
“Where does this lead?” asked Errollorre.
“To the late Witch Queen’s private chamber.” said the wizard.

edit on 25-8-2016 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And now for tonight's final chapter. Again all previous chapters can be found here:
Aria and Errollorre
Now we continue.

Chapter 10

Aria had been searching the castle to find Errollorre.
She couldn’t wait to tell him that she had her memories back, and that Prince Seapaul had withdrawn from the contests.
She had already searched much of the castle when she came to the kitchen.
She walked in to see Troll holding a large long wooden bench up high against the far kitchen wall.
Pinned behind the bench was the head chef and his assistant cooks.
“Troll!” said Aria. “What are you doing?”
“Stingy cookman won’t feed Troll. Troll hungry.” said Troll.
“Your Highness,” said the head chef. “This creature has already eaten three whole steers. We told him the kitchen is closed for the night but the morning crew will be here soon and they could feed him.”
“Troll get hungry waiting for silly man to talk to wizard.” said Troll.
“Do you know where Errollorre is?” Aria asked Troll.
“Yes.” said Troll. “Silly man get wizard to help him cheat contest.”
“Oh Errollorre.” thought Aria. “Troll let the cooks down and I promise they will make you six steers for breakfast. That’s only a couple of hours from now. Can you hold on that long Troll?”
Troll pulled the bench away and the cooks fell to the floor.
“Troll try to hold on. But Troll may fall from hunger.”
“Take me to Errollorre Troll.” said Aria.

Meanwhile Errollore followed the wizard Carl down a damp and dark stone hallway.
The wizard opened a thick wooden door and they entered into the Witch Queen’s private chamber.
“This is the very spot the Witch Queen cast the spell on Aria that turned her into a ghost.” said the wizard.
Errollorre stared at the late witch's throne of skulls and the well in the floor that swirled counterclockwise with smoke and water.
“Errollorre I have looked into that well of despair.” said the wizard.
“Why would you do such a thing?” asked Errollorre.
“I have my reasons.” said the wizard. “For now all you need to know is this,
I have seen the moment when Aria is turned into a ghost.
This is our advantage. I can send you back in the time stream to the very moment Aria is being changed.
When you get there time will seem frozen to you for several minutes.
But it will eventually catch up to you so you must move quickly.
When the spell is being cast on Aria there will be a moment you will see a glow about her.
At this split second she will be not yet fully ghost and not yet no longer physical.
You must reach out and pull her to you.
The ghost will go on in time as she was supposed to be.
The Aria you will have with you will be physical, for a while.”

“A while?” said Errollorre. “How long is a while?”
The wizard shrugged. “Weeks, months, I don’t know. But you must bring her back here to set time right.”
“Wait, I don’t understand.” said Errollorre. “How is this going to work.
The wizard slid a small unimpressive looking ring off his finger and handed it to Errollorre.
“Put this on.” said the wizard. “This is a memory ring. It has collected memory from my times.
We are linked Errollorre, in ways you do not yet know.
It wasn’t a coincidence I found you when you were attacked by the ogres.
But that is a tale for another day.
Just know this, because we are linked, the ring will work for you.
“What will it do?” asked Errollorre.
“In you it will awaken abilities and perhaps memories over time that you did not even know you had.
But more importantly, because you are linked to Aria, it will work for her.”
“What do I do with the ring for her?” asked Errollorre.
“Place it on her finger as soon as you can.” said the wizard. “It will fill her with all the memories she has from then till now.
She will know this future time.
But she will remember you.
Then you must find me. Show me the ring.
My past self will work to send you two back here.
Then the two Aria’s will merge and time will be put right.
The most important thing to remember is don’t change the past.
Aria is the only exception.
If you alter events you will lost in a false reality.”
“Alright.” said Errollorre. “Let’s do this.”

The wizard set the incense pots in a square on the floor.
“North, south east and west.” said the wizard. “The hours of three, six, nine and twelve.
Stand in the center of the pots Errollorre and light the incense with this flame.”
“There is hardly any incense left in these pots Wizard Carl.” said Errollorre.
“There’s enough.” said the wizard. “For one last trip.”

Errollorre lit the incense and the sweet smoke began to swirl counterclockwise around him.
Faster and faster it turned.
“Errollorre.” said the wizard. “Even if you are successful it may seem like a very long time before you return.”
“I understand.” said Errollorre.
“No you don’t.” said the wizard. “If you manage to return you will not be the same person who left.
Neither will Aria.”

Errollorre nodded. That’s all he could do. He was unable to speak.
The room seemed to be slowing down and fading from his view at the same time.
He heard voices and noises in his ears.
Louder and louder were sounds growing that he could not identify.

Suddenly the door to the chamber flew open.
Standing there was Aria and Troll.
“Errollorre!” yelled Aria. “What are you doing? What is happening?”
Aria tried to run to Errollorre but the wizard stopped her.
“Troll save stupid man for you ugly princess!” said Troll.
“No!” yelled the wizard.
Troll dove across the room into the swirling smoke and grabbed Errollorre.
And they both vanished out of sight.

edit on 25-8-2016 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Time Traveling is awesome Erroll!!! Great writings here!! I love them!!!

EDIT: Please say Hello to Gail, for CC and I! Also give her a hug from us? Thanx Man!!

edit on 25-8-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yes many have perished in trying to count the inhabitants here in Accasia. But like you said, in so many words, there is one born every minute!! LMAO!!!
Pension plan indeed!!! LMFAO!!!

edit on 25-8-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
More Dragons posted HERE! Have a look before they fly away!! LOL!!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hi Skiddy! Good to see you!

Errollorre, wonderful story entry!!!!! With Troll along for the ride in time, things could get quite interesting. LOL

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tales and dragons and blades and drinks, my gods, I've died and gone to Valhalla!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Think I'm gonna take off for a while You guys/Gals... Have a great evening!!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
Thank you for the stories, Sir Errollorre of the Shedlands!

a reply to: Everyone
*waves to everyone*
Good morning!!
I see blades, blades everywhere!
I've always wanted a knife and sword collection
one of my old friends had the bright idea of displaying all of his on the wall that one can view as he opened the door, for freaking-out-doorknocking-people purposes

I hope everyone is having or has had a wonderful day!!

I'm in a hyper mood, wheeee!

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Im enjoying the story thoroughly

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hello. How did lunch go?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
In the Hall of the Mountain King?

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
My dad was on a ship headed for a land invasion of Japan when we dropped the A bombs. They surrendered and his ship was diverted and went around the pole before going to Japan for occupational reasons. The base dads group was dropped off to in japan. They didnt hear from anybody for weeks and thought the US millitary forgot about them. On Christmas, they were lined up single file and led through a room containing hundreds of Japanese swords. They were instructed to pick one out and take it as their Christmas present. Its a beautiful Samurai sword. Two handed, new condition, blade razor sharp, polished, no rust, and in the original leather sheath

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Well, I just dropped by and saw this!

You snooze, you lose...but you blink and you also lose!

I just wanted to drop a note that my precious Epirus just might drop by later and if anyone sees him, please please please say hello. I know that Jess is working with other concerns (Hi Jess!) and Syx just left...damn...anyway...sigh...just leaving a little note in a bottle for some stranger to find....

Good night all

Fishy

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish
I always have time for a friend fishy!!!

OK I think I am about as mentally and physically exhausted as you can possibly be BUT it was wonderful!!!! We started off a little rocky (Jack was not having a good day...he is now having seizures) but once he calmed down it turned out amazing!!!!

Since we went informal Jack had all of his brothers, sons, and his mom stand with him. Sandi asked me to stand with her and I ended up with a side kick, her grandson. LOL

OK going to get caught up now.

edit on 8/25/2016 by Martin75 because: typos

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Did you give the Grandson that cigarette ?

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join