It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect: I come from an Earth where evolution took a slightly different turn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966
So, for those of you that say the skeleton on the right is the 'correct' one . . .

1) You don't (or didn't) have a sternum?
2) Also only a single bone in the lower leg?

Hmm. Weird.

Don't even bother with points like that..
It's much more believable that people have a single bone in the lower leg vs the fact that the human mind is not infallible..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Idk but imo the one to the right has more of a Halloween decoration look to it. Missing a feature here and there, or streamlined down to where its borderline cartoonish.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

You forgot the 8 ribs, no butt, hugely deformed knees & collar-bone.
I pity those from the parallel universe, there must be something seriously wrong there

ETA: Something wrong here too, my six-pack is hidden inside a barrel, and my breasts go down to meet it

edit on 14-8-2016 by playswithmachines because: correctness & balance to the theme....

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Google 'the primary colours' too and blow your mind.

Pass that along when you've finished with it.

Got me for a second on that one!!! I had to ask my 6 and 8 year old kids, and then my wife what they actually were to make sure I wasn't stuck in some weird reality, without prompting they "remembered" the correct three, then I realized what the Google results were all about, electronics (TVs, monitors etc) and light....I always knew the real primaries from the "art" primary colors, I'm thinking the primaries for generating colors of light is different than reflecting/absorbing wavelengths of light to see colors as from pigments or things we see. Strange nonetheless....but my mind doesn't feel broken on this one

Ranger351

edit on 14-8-2016 by Ranger351 because: To fix qutoe

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: Orborus

wow.

Looks like you guys over there had some MASSIVE problems!

Looks like your necks could be snapped quite easily.

Your knees would not bend easily.

Shin bones must snap a lot with the lack of support.

So over there everyone has very short bicepts and very, very long forearms???

Your hips.....good god.....how do you all wear pants over there?

Birth canal of the pelvis.......wow.....that's going to be an issue.

And last: the skull.........I guess we all look horribly ugly. A skull structure like that means faces are going to look hugely different than here.

BTW - your second picture? Sorry.....muscles are not going to match that skeleton in the first one.

You forgot a blow to the chest would puncture a lung. And CPR would be impossible so somethin tells me they die alot.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

I pity those from the parallel universe, there must be something seriously wrong

Has anyone else come to the conclusion that the parallel skeleton is proof that "Adam" is missing a rib on one side????

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

I pity those from the parallel universe, there must be something seriously wrong there

ETA: Something wrong here too, my six-pack is hidden inside a barrel, and my breasts go down to meet it

Good news we can fix that it's called stop drinking beer

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I agree, it is ridiculous.

It seems very similar to the 2012 thing when there were all those threads where people were having "premonition, dreams, astral projections" of a great cataclysm.

Lots of attention seekers jumping on the bandwagon in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I remember in a parallel universe when the ats motto was ' deny ignorance', now, those texts are removed from the front page.... hmm
Mandela effect at its best.
now we welcome it.

this is ridiculous. I'm open minded, but wow...

edit on 14-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
sigh.. ones MALE the others FEMALE. sheesh.... look at the pelvises. smh

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Is the Mandela Effect going to be listed as a new mental illness? That's what I'd like to know (in my parallel universe)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

It is like a mass delusion isn't it?.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The "Parallel" skeleton looks very poorly designed. I don't mean your drawing, I mean, if that's how our skeletons were shaped, we should be thanking CERN every day for fixing us! And could you imagine how hideous our faces would look with skulls shaped like that.

I know for a fact my collar bone was never shaped like that, nor were my shoulders stuck in an uncomfortable upward shrug. Those parallel legs look barely functional. Did people used to walk all weird and rigid due to the missing lower leg bones?

If true, I say take the massive upgrade and go with it.

As for hair growth, as a fairly hairy individual, I was fairly back-hair free until my early 30's. That "late growth spurt" began well before 2014 though. Thankfully, clippers.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Right side looks messed up lol what are those shoulders?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Serious question for you OrbOrUs. Did your Earth have a Nelson Mandella? Without him, you couldn't have experienced the "Mandella Effect" on your Earth.

What else over there is different, besides the human skeletal/muscle structure?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2016 by Orborus because: please delete

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

The "Parallel" skeleton looks very poorly designed. I don't mean your drawing, I mean, if that's how our skeletons were shaped, we should be thanking CERN every day for fixing us! And could you imagine how hideous our faces would look with skulls shaped like that.

I know for a fact my collar bone was never shaped like that, nor were my shoulders stuck in an uncomfortable upward shrug. Those parallel legs look barely functional. Did people used to walk all weird and rigid due to the missing lower leg bones?

If true, I say take the massive upgrade and go with it.

As for hair growth, as a fairly hairy individual, I was fairly back-hair free until my early 30's. That "late growth spurt" began well before 2014 though. Thankfully, clippers.

First of all the parallel skeleton was not as poorly designed as my poor attempt at drawing it might suggest. I just had to manipulate the 'new' skeleton in order to get it looking 'right' with how I remember the skeleton to be. Most likely the real deal would appear sturdier and less rough, but I have no way of going into my old 'universe' and grabbing a diagram.

And the skull differences don't change facial structure that much given the musculature was different as well. The biggest changes I can see in this universe is higher widow's peak, wider chin and vertical lines on each of the cheeks (where the jaw holes are in this reality).

The shoulders might not have looked that way (ie. like its shrugging) but it looks more accurate to me than the flat (even tilting upward) clavicle area of that current universe's skeleton.

As for missing lower leg bones, I don't know. Maybe we had them but I never remember our leg bones looking similar to our forearm bones. No it was not weird to walk. In fact you guys are the ones who have the weird gait (to me) - looks thoroughly insectoid.

It could be an upgrade but not in every area. The aesthetics of the body (male and female) are definitely different here and is something of an acquired taste.

originally posted by: eriktheawful

wow.

Looks like you guys over there had some MASSIVE problems!

Looks like your necks could be snapped quite easily.

Our necks could be snapped yes, don't know how much more easily. We did have thick muscle in our necks which protected them a bit. It's very weird seeing people now with less of a neck though.

Shin bones must snap a lot with the lack of support.

Not to my memory, but I could have gotten those bones wrong.

So over there everyone has very short bicepts and very, very long forearms???

Well shorter biceps and longer forearms than this universe's.

Your hips.....good god.....how do you all wear pants over there?

Same way we wear pants over here?

Birth canal of the pelvis.......wow.....that's going to be an issue.

Keep in mind these are male skeletons. Female skeletons have wider pelvic regions in both universes iirc.

BTW - your second picture? Sorry.....muscles are not going to match that skeleton in the first one.

Depends on how you remember the muscles. Musculature is also different over here.

originally posted by: tigertatzen

The "parallel" diagrams are accurate to what myself and five other people close to myself (not all related) know our bodies to look like. This has been verified in part by X-rays, CT films, and physical palpitations of the bones. Three of us have very prominent bones; if I stand naked in a mirror and raise my arms, I can clearly see my ribcage and my pelvic bones, and from the back, my spine and scapulae can clearly be seen.

None of us have ribs above the scapulae and clavicles. Our necks are still as long and slender as ever. No one's shirt size has changed. The arch of the pubic symphysis is still present and accounted for. Our shoulder to hip ratio is not inverted. Our skulls have not expanded. There are still the same amount of sutures in our skulls too.

If this is correct then you still have the old anatomy in the new world. Then we need you guys to get x-rays. Ultimately however I believe everyone now has this 'new' anatomy and if you were to get x-rays you'd discover your own body is internally similar to anatomical diagrams you can find on the internet.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Please note: my own body changed on me. My arms seem strangely shorter, my fingers shorter, my thighs longer, my abdomen longer, my breasts higher, my nipples smaller, my neck shorter, my face looks different, my genitals are different.

No I was not simply educated badly or forgot how my own body looked and was proportioned. Throughout 2015 I was wondering what was up with my body (felt like I was at once thinner and yet bulkier, plus heaps of allergies I've never had in my life), once I checked male human anatomy and how different it was since I last checked (might have been a couple of years ago), I started to piece it all together.

Serious question for you OrbOrUs. Did your Earth have a Nelson Mandella? Without him, you couldn't have experienced the "Mandella Effect" on your Earth.

Yes we had Mandela. I don't know when he (first) died though.

What else over there is different, besides the human skeletal/muscle structure

Logo design differences, slight differences in words, differences in world and local geography (this could be its own topic, but others have been reporting on the geography changes i've seen). Much however is very much the same across 'universes', leading me to believe this ME thing is either a time/space modification to our past universe or some kind of merger of universes.

Edit: Also this is not just the human anatomy that has changed.

Take a look at this dog:

See the back legs? They were never bowed out like that in my universe. Dogs back legs were much bigger/longer in my universe, had stronger thighs - their legs didn't give way as they do in this universe.

So be careful what you wish for in terms of "upgrades" - changes to the human anatomy due to the logic of evolution mean changes to our animal companions.

Also take a look at dinosaurs. T-Rex looks unrecognisable to me (and I was a huge dino fan, still am).

edit on 15-8-2016 by Orborus because: additional remarks on 'upgrades'

edit on 15-8-2016 by Orborus because: img edit

edit on 15-8-2016 by Orborus because: attempting to get image to work

edit on 15-8-2016 by Orborus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2016 by Orborus because: this will be the last, photo problem

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
In my parallel world frogs asses were not water-tight. I'm sure you can imagine their dilemma with this.

Or a benefit, jet power!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I think this Mandela Effect is getting ridiculous now.

it got ridiculous when it started. We are way past ridiculous now...and I dont even know the word to use...utterly greater than ridiculous ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join