It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: ‘Black Lives Matter’ rioters target whites for beat downs

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

As long as common people keep pushing the social agendas as commoners vs. commoners then that would be the only expected outcome.

are you telling that to basically everyone on this site that thinks minorities are scum?
edit on 15-8-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

HA!

If that is your impression then that's all about your own bizarre self-deceptive perception of reality.

Your work above reminds me of the Hostile Media Effect (a Cognitive Bias):

HOSTILE MEDIA EFFECT
The hostile media effect, originally deemed the hostile media phenomenon and sometimes called hostile media perception, is a perceptual theory of mass communication that refers to the tendency for individuals with a strong preexisting attitude on an issue to perceive media coverage as biased against their side and in favor of their antagonists' point of view.[1] Partisans from opposite side of an issue will tend to find the same coverage to be biased against them.
In 1982, the first major study of this phenomenon was undertaken;[2] pro-Palestinian students and pro-Israeli students at Stanford University were shown the same news filmstrips pertaining to the then-recent Sabra and Shatila massacre of Palestinian refugees by Christian Lebanese militia fighters abetted by the Israeli army in Beirut during the Lebanese Civil War. On a number of objective measures, both sides found that these identical news clips were slanted in favor of the other side. Pro-Israeli students reported seeing more anti-Israel references and fewer favorable references to Israel in the news report and pro-Palestinian students reported seeing more anti-Palestinian references, and so on. Both sides said a neutral observer would have a more negative view of their side from viewing the clips, and that the media would have excused the other side where it blamed their side.

Subsequent studies have found hostile media effects related to other political conflicts, such as strife in Bosnia[4] and in U.S. presidential elections,[5] as well as in other areas, such as media coverage of the South Korean National Security Act,[6] the 1997 United Parcel Service Teamsters strike,[7] genetically modified food,[8][9] and sports.

If that sort of introspection interests you, then you'll love this:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
They know not what they do, sort of. You see the human brain is pre-wired for people to align themselves into mass social groups, and then when those groups are 'attacked' the human brain is wired to reward itself for self-deceptions. These facts of human cognition are evolutionarily inherited traits. It essentially unifies all of us like blood, especially when we aren't aware of it and actively seek to suppress it (the "getting high on" self-deception part especially). The news Media ought to know this, as they did report on this once upon a time in 2016:
[The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation
During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure. ]

What the above is, is proof that self-adherence to mass scale social groups is like a stellar scale disaster in terms of human objectivity.
edit on 15-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

no i just happen to read through a lot of the content on this website and umpteenth number of threads basically titled "this is what is wrong with (insert minority)

you did not answer my question btw. i only ask because you seem targeted at me thinking i want a race war? lol

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
now you are posting some babble about trying to fit in with a social group?

i am biracial have blonde hair and near white skin.

what would i possibly gain from sticking up for minorities that dont even look like me?

hmm maybe its the fact that i actually give a sh*
and care about matters that are socially unjust

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
By the T&C we're not even supposed to respond to trolls, more or less.

It might be said I very recently in these parts entirely managed to quote a certain advocate of the logic of a "deserved" race war, but whatever.

In any event. There is some overarching power structure that looms over US all. Regardless of whatever you call it, and regardless of however you define it, whatever this "god" is to you, or me, whatever it TRULY is the one thing you can count on is... as long as all of us little commoner people pit the blame of its woes at each other, the longer we ensure it dominates us all.
edit on 15-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

no i just happen to read through a lot of the content on this website and umpteenth number of threads basically titled "this is what is wrong with (insert minority)

you did not answer my question btw. i only ask because you seem targeted at me thinking i want a race war? lol

There won't back a race war but there may be backlash for actions like BLM. Instead of trying to move people to there cause (without doing this all that will happen is violence) then they are destined to be marginalized. And sadly that only hurts there cause in the long run. If BLM is truly concerned about police they are going at this entirely wrong. First you can help shape local laws and even actions of local law enforcement. They should also be trying to reach out to the police making them an enemy only creates more problems and escalates the issue. If police feel they will be attacked makes them more likely to use force in a situation. And doing thing like trying to remove the whites on there eyes to create a united front is very counterproductive.like thr woman at there rally telling all thr white reporters need to move to that back in order to hiDE them but allow black reporter's at the front. I don't think it was meant to be racist but it was. All because they wanted to keep an image.
edit on 8/15/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

what is that term for individuals who claim to be all knowing yet cannot seem to fix the issue??

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

MLK was like 50 years ago. His "dream" was that people would be judged on the content of our character not the color of our skin.

It's time "the left" figure this out......

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

i think what we see happening is things turning violent because no one is listening. that is the problem. both sides need to do something. it seems more one sided to me then anything hence the violent outbursts wouldnt you agree?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
people can only take so much. when you want someones attention and they ignore you and you keep talking and they still ignore you and then you slap them in the face then they look at you in shock...you finally have their attention right?

i know interesting analogy but it relates to the times now.

time for people to listen up and try to make things work before they end up getting PUNCHED in the face right?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
im a pretty passive aggressive person by nature. i have gotten much better over the years but growing up it was tough because my father is an ex military sgt. i was the sensitive type and wanted to talk about all of my problems with him but he just did not want to listen. i remember one time getting so mad that i placed sharp objects in his bed then acted like i had no clue how they got in there. but he confronted me and was so mad and i got in a lot of trouble but i definitely got his attention which is what i wanted at that point...

what do you do when someone ignores you and they have power over you?

what does society do when there is injustice and people are ignoring the situation?

i dont personally think people need to die over this (unfortunately some already have, victims, perpetrators and the like)

but i feel that upheaval is necessary to shake things up and get the attention of those that are not listening!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

time for people to listen up and try to make things work before they end up getting PUNCHED in the face right?

Simple logic you would think might work, i think we are way past that point.......

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You do what MLK did. Not commit violence.

I illustrated earlier in this thread how to properly and effectively peace protest and march.

When was the last time you saw ANY group doing that anymore?

The reason they're being ignored is because they're doing it wrong.

Violence is getting attention all right, but not the good kind that will help do anything but turn more and more people against their message.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

peaceful protests only work if the other side decides to listen...

if they do not listen then no way in hell will they effectively bring about resolution

why do i feel this way? because if you have one end that is using violence and the other that is not how would that ever get rectified.

both sides need to come together peacefully at some point

BOTH SIDES.

right now both sides are using violence it is no longer one sided

BLM started out peaceful and has resorted to violence to get attention
now you have police combatting them with violence instead of listening

there are a lot more citizens then police in the country

so at some point if they decide they will continue not give in and listen then things will escalate to a hellish situation...

if they do give in and listen then things can be resolved.

it could go either way.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

BLM has never done a proper peace protest. Not once.

Protesting peacefully and a peace protest are not the same thing.
edit on 8/15/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

really?

elephrame.com...

found a nice list for you to sift through. cant believe those were all violent. crazy.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Protesting peacefully and peace protesting are not the same thing.

There's a very specific methodology and methods to doing it right, that have become all but lost to modern protestors who've lost their way.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Protesting peacefully and peace protesting are not the same thing.

There's a very specific methodology and methods to doing it right, that have become all but lost to modern protestors who've lost their way.

hilarious i JUST proved you wrong and now you are scrambling to say that they are "peace protesting wrongly"

ive seriously heard it all.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I wrote clearly earlier in the thread multiple times what a proper peace protest entails. Prove to me that they did what I entailed earlier.

Unless you can prove they did what I described earlier PRIOR to our discussion, my statement stands.

Therefore I can prove 100% that I have moved the goal post not one bit with my statement. I set my standards ahead of time. Nice try.
edit on 8/15/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can we still blame ISIS when an extremist commits an act of terror in the name of ISIS?

That would be racist man. You can't blame ISIS just because some act in their name. Lol

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join