It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Crop Circle 8/12/2016

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Modern circlemakers probably use a combination of simple and advanced techniques, and the mix probably varies by the circlemaking teams. I suspect many of the more elaborate designs were made with help from a computer.

I'm sure they use computers to create the drawings, what I was trying to show is that doing things by hand is not as hard as most people think.

In fact, my example would be easier to do on the ground than on the paper, as someone doing it would only need one long rope to mark the line and one (or more, to have more people doing it) rope with a specific length (the radius of the circles) with a loop on each end. One end would be fixed on a pole in the centre of the circle while the other end would move around the centre, marking the circle.

One good example of a shape that is easier to draw with rope on the ground than with a compass on a paper is an ellipse.

Humans have been doing these for centuries, that's how people drew the shapes in the gardens of palaces from the 15th-19th centuries.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Always someone comes up with the blown nodes argument for crop circles.

How many strands do you think get flattened in a huge crop circle? 10000,20000 ,50000? So if blown nodes were a sign of a so called 'real crop circle' then all the stalks should be blown right?

Well please show me a photograph with 10000 blown nodes on stalks. Guess what you wont find one because its all BS drip fed you by people who want to sell books and lectures on the subject. Sure they will show you a picture with a handful or two of the so called blown nodes and then expect you to believe they were all like this just because they say so. those who want to believe will fall for it hook line and sinker. Blown nodes are a natural thing and you will always find a few handfuls in fields of certain crops if you look for them.

As for people claiming the designs are just to complicated just dont understand how easy it is to do geometry with nothing more than a tape a rope and a measuring line. Ive been a computer games programmer and 2d/3d graphics artist for 25 years and there is nothing remarkable about these designs. we used to make mo0re complex designs with a compass and a ruler while we were bored in maths class when i was 12.

A lot of the time when people are making these circles they mess up the original design and then just wing it and make a few alterations. i n the end no one is going to know there was any mistakes apart for the people4 who made it.

You also have to realize just how many people are involved in making these. there can be 8 separate groups with 4 or more people involved.

As for getting in and out without leaving marks they just simply walk up the tram lines. Then after a few dozen people have come to check the design out in the morning its impossible to tell which footprints are which.

edit on 15-8-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just don't see, a alien race coming a billion light years to just make some crop circles. Why not just show yourselves, and let be known to the world... Just some guys making earth art.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hunter189
I just don't see, a alien race coming a billion light years to just make some crop circles. Why not just show yourselves, and let be known to the world... Just some guys making earth art.

Nor do I. Instead, they just travel a few hundred miles from their undersea bases or a few thousand miles from their Moon bases.
They show themselves constantly - hence all those photos and videos of UFOs. For some reason they don't show themselves when they make crop circles. Perhaps that's because everyone else is tucked up in their beds at night when they do their work.....

If you are going to offer reasons for disbelieving the alien origin of crop circles, at least make them strong instead of easily refutable.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

we used to make mo0re complex designs with a compass and a ruler while we were bored in maths class when i was 12.

fortunately for crop circle makers, the people who believe UFO make crop circles at night time, because they dont want to be seen or have trespassing charges brought against them, those people still have the mind capacity of 12 year olds.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Always someone comes up with the blown nodes argument for crop circles.

How many strands do you think get flattened in a huge crop circle? 10000,20000 ,50000? So if blown nodes were a sign of a so called 'real crop circle' then all the stalks should be blown right?

Well please show me a photograph with 10000 blown nodes on stalks. Guess what you wont find one because its all BS drip fed you by people who want to sell books and lectures on the subject.

Nonsense. Your argument is bogus rhetoric. Photos of downed crops in crop circles do not have enough resolution to display the swollen nodes of their stalks. I have visited fresh crop circles and noticed hundreds and hundreds of stalks bent at their distorted nodes. Others who have researched this subject will confirm this over and over again.

Sure they will show you a picture with a handful or two of the so called blown nodes and then expect you to believe they were all like this just because they say so. those who want to believe will fall for it hook line and sinker. Blown nodes are a natural thing and you will always find a few handfuls in fields of certain crops if you look for them.

No, they are not. Swollen nodes with holes are signs of anomalous heating. I have seen huge numbers of downed crops all bent in an organised pattern, not the random fashion that would be expected if the nodal distortion had been due to natural causes. Book publishers and research journal editors won't allow pages to be filled with hundreds of expensive photos, so your demands are unrealistic.

As for people claiming the designs are just to complicated just dont understand how easy it is to do geometry with nothing more than a tape a rope and a measuring line. Ive been a computer games programmer and 2d/3d graphics artist for 25 years and there is nothing remarkable about these designs. we used to make mo0re complex designs with a compass and a ruler while we were bored in maths class when i was 12.

You misrepresent the argument. It is not that crop circles are too complicated per se - just too complicated to execute in the pitch darkness of the Wiltshire countryside in the middle of the night.

A lot of the time when people are making these circles they mess up the original design and then just wing it and make a few alterations. i n the end no one is going to know there was any mistakes apart for the people4 who made it.

You also have to realize just how many people are involved in making these. there can be 8 separate groups with 4 or more people involved.

As for getting in and out without leaving marks they just simply walk up the tram lines. Then after a few dozen people have come to check the design out in the morning its impossible to tell which footprints are which.

The number of people involved is irrelevant. You miss the point again, which is that large numbers of people trampling crops in the darkness of night with no one noticing their presence or leaving ANY footprints in the soil is just ridiculous - the sort of far-fetched scenario that only an irrational person would believe. You ignore that fact that crop circles have been discovered without any foot prints or crushed stalks. The makers would still have to move off the tramlines in order to make the patterns, which would mean that they would stll leave their footprints between them, quite apart from having to crush those crops that they walk over. Yet there are many examples of where researchers have seen no trace of footprints and no trace of crushed or broken stalks. Instead, the stalks are bend in a way that cannot be reproduced mechanically because their bending is due merely to their nodes close to the ground being swollen and distorted by some anomalous cause.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Drunk aliens... OMG

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In case it was missed, its the logo for Mothership Glass:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

A friend that knows those guys (MG) just texted it to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Thanks for sharing, it's definitely beautiful nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Aliens travelled who knows how many light years

Would light years matter if aliens had invented portals?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

wow aliens trying to communicate. but can we decipher wt they are conveying

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Not drunk but SOBER blokes that's far more likely than Mog from Zog, plasma balls or whatever is the latest creation fad claim amongst crop circle people is.

edit on 15-8-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Aliens travelled who knows how many light years - which, I would presume, would make them superior in intellect - to draw pretty patterns in some farmers field?

Maybe people from other places need to eat too. Since they can't speak the local dialect and have no human cash, they figure taking the farmers food and giving them back a pretty picture is a fair trade. Personally I rather have some gold bullion or cool alien tech, but maybe these aliens are cheap.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How come vandals are never mentioned much in the news about destroying farmers crops?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51its amazing to me that some people,with no signs of entry or exit,and working at ground level presumably at night,
can leave something like this in the morning

They did a great job and as you can notice the center is in a tractor track so yup pesky humans again.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Considering it isn't even close to being perfect, I would say the blokes were just mostly buzzed.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You really are a linear thinker in every aspect aren't you. One, who says that aliens have to have traveled any distance, let alone many light years? Two, they could be energy beings from an alternate dimension and this is one of the few ways they can interact with us. Three, looks man made to me both in design and execution but as has been mentioned it would require closer investigation to hazard an informed opinion.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

thats a beautiful work of art.

Not aliens, but freaking awesome!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Crop 'circles' are always circular because they are laid down with a twine fixed in the center, the radii tramped down patterns inside the circle based on measuring the distance out from the center.

I want to see all the crop piled up in fantastic designs, not smashed down.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This one may have been done with a string tied to a pole at the center.

Crop Square

What is unconvincing is the fact these appear overnight without the farmer's
knowledge. How is that pulled off? Disregard the anomalous changes to the
stalks and the complexity and perfection that some of them display.

a reply to: intrptr

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join