It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Crop Circle 8/12/2016

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst
lol I forgot that crop circles even existed, long time I have seen one.
But its really pretty

I always wonder why (if) aliens would make signs in our crops?
Maybe because they know that its a source of food and therefor we will always see their signs?

I always love to ponder about this, but yeah I do just tend to the conclusion that its man-made.

But would be nice to know if the crops is bend or just flattened.

Because it's about the only material that can be displaced, last a long time and will repair itself.

Water? Pointless
Sand and beaches? Last a few hours at most.
Granite and rock? Don't even try
Trees? Too much damage
Wheat fields? Perfect

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The people who would be making the crop circles wouldn't risk being caught damaging a farmers crop if they spread it out over a couple of days or weeks. When your crop is your lively hood, farmers become very vigilant over their land. My brother in-law is a farmer and he drives out on his tractor almost every day just to check his crops and land.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Apart from the farmers that have done it and charge people to go see them. There are quite a few in England alone that charge for the privilege of seeing pretty patterns in their crops.

So there goes that assumption.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

What about farmers who are not as vigilant as your brother or don't have the manpower or actually allow people onto their fields to create crop circles?

Planned in under two weeks and completed in under 24 hours, the crop circle had a final diameter of 220 feet. We constructed the circle in an oat field near Amity, Oregon, where it was completely invisible from the road but unmistakable from the sky. Our team consisted of 12 people, mainly OSU students, and we carefully stomped down oats from 3:30pm Friday afternoon until 2:30am, putting on the finishing touches between 7:30am and 11:00am Saturday, August 12.” Firefox crop circle creators.

Source : www.collective-evolution.com...

edit on 14/8/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ahhh, nice to see you here.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
so the aliens depicted do not exist and someone made the crop circle. Not a
logical deduction as it clearly is beyond a person's ability to create this way.
Notice the tri-lobe center stalk and leaf patterns - a horticulturalist could
say what kind of plant that it might be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: mirageman

edit on 14-8-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Drawsoho

it appears to be a Bay Laurel.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There are whole teams of people who get together to do crop circles, some for advertising money, and some because its fun and they enjoy seeing people's reactions -- it is illegal, so they do it with stealth.

For example, here is a website with an article about a crop circle competition ... *shrug* It's what they do...

Crop Circle Challenge 2013: Team Satan Responds

- AB

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Very pretty, although I don't believe for one minute that this was made by anything other than people. I'm impressed at their art, although coming from a farming family, I look at that and think of the destroyed crop that the farmer now won't be able to harvest and sell. Good art, but pretty inconsiderate to damage someone's livelihood.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Probably the circle makers were not drunk.

Here's a design made in about 4 hours (by humans).

There's no evidence crop circles are created by anyone other than humans.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thanks for your answer.

I asked because the type of drawings used in crop circles is easier to do by hand than by on a computer. For example, the background of the crop circle in the opening post is made up of circles crossing each other.

To do something like that, first we draw a line, then a circle with a specific diameter centred on the start of the line.

Then we draw another circle centred on the point where the first circle crossed the line and keep and doing it until we have a line of circles.

Then we draw a second line, using the point where two circles of the first line cross as the centre for the first circle.

Then we complete that line.

We keep on creating as many line as we want, always using the point where two circles of the previous line cross as the centre of the circles of the new line.

Then we only have to remove the parts we don't want, and in the case of a crop circle that means stamping the grass, erasing any auxiliary constructions used to make the final drawing. In the photo below I marked the areas that would remain, as it was easier than erasing all the other lines.

I know this is a crude example and that after many years of not doing any technical drawing my ability is much worse than it was more than 30 years ago, but I hope you (and everybody else) understands what I mean when I say that those drawings are not difficult to make.

PS: the whole image took me 15 minutes to create, including the time to take the photos between stages.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
It is very interesting but I'd also have to see ground reports regarding whether the crop was actually bent/broken by weight (i.e. Man made) or if it has the signature "swollen heat burst" that appear on the ones less likely to be "art projects" as opposed to an unexplained phenomenon.
Are you talking about "blown nodes"?

Crop Circle Secrets Revealed

How many times have you heard the term ' Blown Nodes' and understood or have been told by so called scientists that its the work of a paranormal force ?. Well, I'm going to be rather blunt with anyone who has tricked you to believe such nonsense. The ones who have promoted and still continue to do so have not one ounce of knowledge about simple plant behaviour, anatomy and general botany.

Blown nodes occur in young wheat and barley plant stems and matured wheat ( not so much in mature barley ).
Young and still growing stems intake water at high volume during rain ( OK nothing new and easy to understand). During a prolonged rain fall ( wet summers ) and damp conditions the young stem will be at 'high fluid level' ( if you break a stem you should see fluid ). Consider it as a plastic straw filled with water which is blocked at both ends. If you kink the straw, the fluid within be forced and will find a weakest point and burst open. The same effect happens with a fluid filled plant stem. So when stems are being flattened by a plank they are kinked. The flattening pressure forces fluid upwards and if there is no capacity within the stems to disperse the fluid through the stem then it will burst at the node to release pressure. I'm afraid its as simple as that !

originally posted by: Drawsoho
so the aliens depicted do not exist and someone made the crop circle. Not a
logical deduction as it clearly is beyond a person's ability to create this way.
It seems like you're saying "I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do this, therefore nobody else is either", is that right? Nobody is saying these complicated designs are easy, but if we can put a man on the moon a complicated crop circle design should be within our capability, as it's much easier.

a reply to: ArMaP
Modern circlemakers probably use a combination of simple and advanced techniques, and the mix probably varies by the circlemaking teams. I suspect many of the more elaborate designs were made with help from a computer.

originally posted by: micpsi
When one walks through crops, one does not "bend" them. One crushes and flattens them beneath one's boots.

Your comment completely misses the point about crop circles, i.e., genuine ones show no sign of broken or crushed stalks. Instead, they are downed by being bent at their nodes. Mechanical pressure would cause snapping, not mere bending, of stalks.
I find peoples' ignorance and lack of common sense disheartening when they appraise crop circles.
That depends on the life cycle of the plant, the type of plant, etc. Part of the secret to getting them to bend without breaking is timing, making the circle neither too early nor too late in the plant's life cycle. Too early and it will bend and will actually spring back up and thus the circle will lose its dramatic shape. Do it too late after the plants are too dry and they will break, but time it in between and they will bend without breaking. This is explained in the link posted by mirageman.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thank you for posting that.

I appreciate the information and will look into it. There are still cases of daytime crop circles "cropping up" (rim shot) within brief periods of time. There was one right near Stonehenge that happened that way. Anyway, I still love crop circles. Some of them are incredibly beautiful.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think this is definitely an advertisement of sorts for mothership. That said, there are two kinds of crop circles: the ones made by people, and the ones that are genuine, as in made by either satellites with microwave-like beaams or ets.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Brits from the future.

This one is my favorite.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-8-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ah.. good ol' Wiltshire. Apparently some aliens feel this the best place to leave cryptic messages (instead of just say.. sending us a transmission of some type). Unless a crop circle making crew lives in Wiltshire! Naaaww...

I love how when this pops up, the first responses are always about a couple of drunk guys with ropes and boards. Really? This is your brilliant defense to prove it must be aliens? These guys are often college kids.. young folks with an education, computers, lasers, night vision equipment, and a plan. To suggest that a couple drunk dudes stumbling out of a bar at 2 am made this stuff is ridiculous. It is planned, probably for weeks, and executed with a group of folks.. probably 5 to 10 people. Considering complex designs made by two people have been released.. making their crop circles in a few hours, I'm surprised people can't believe a group of crop circle folks can't make something complex in 5 hours with a well made plan and a group of people.

That many of these are made near the same town should give you a hint. When folks say "omg.. looks like Stargate patterns!" or whatever.. that really cracks me up. You don't think these geek-ish college kids are not heavily into all the things you are finding in these crop circles? Please..

I find a lot more credibility in a small round crop circle.. in a very out of the way farm.. then I do these reports. Stop being so gullible.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
something about this one rings off for me. Seems like the geometry isnt perfect like it usually is. It's pretty convincing but not perfect

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

you haven't put enough thought in

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Thanks for putting this up its absolutely brilliant.

I never cease to be amazed by this type of artistry. Even what looks like symbols/runes is fascinating. I saw a talk where we were shown slides of the difference between man-made crop circles and those we can't explain and there is a difference and (unless helicopter kited in and out) signs of the route people took to get to the site and make the circle. The odd drink or used pkt of crisps could have been a hint also erhm!

Hope to see some more of this artistry.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

I worked as a pattern maker for 10 years and built many complicated designs,

A rare breed indeed.

Just saying hello to a fellow patternmaker!

And, yes, this could easily be done by forward planning.

And don't let farmer Giles off the hook, he sells visits for £5 and has beverages on hand, highly suspicious.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join