It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have a dog, its one of the best dogs i ever had... I would probably say that to each and every one.. He is a little Irish bastard i adopted from the shelter..
He is nice with people, its a friendly dog..

Some of those i grew up with, they like a mean dog.. Like the pitbull, a programmed machine, born and raised for one purpose..
Mine, it chases rats in the bushes..
I learned one thing about those who gets a mean dog, mostly its to show off.. Like kids who never grew up to become men.. Scared sometimes of their own shadow.. They do talk a lot about the pure breed they got.. Hoping to scare some..

I wonder if they let the leash go, will he stay when his master says;" Stop " Will he follow each and every command? Mine does exactly everything i tell him to and he is a small dog..

Those who get those pitbulls, rethink.. Its only there cause you feed it.. Mine is full of love.. I bet you cant bet that..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
Hey, it's like that story about the two wolves.

What type of dog are you going to feed...
S+F tikbalang

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have met quite a few Pitbulls in my life and not a single one of them was mean. People give them a bad rep because of how they can be TRAINED to be ferocious. But you can literally train any dog to be that way.

All dogs are capable of being mean. Just depends on the way they are raised. Hate the human not the dog.
edit on 14-8-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
tikbalang

Any animal you cage or treat poorly will eventually bite the hand that feeds... this behavior is not limited to pitbulls and can be witnessed in many, many different types of animals. I myself have a rotty...she is the most loving and crazy dog ever.. A free bird, she will listen when she wants to, do as she pleases, and eventually, if she feels like it, she'll do as you ask...when she is ready to. Stubborn as hell, defiant to the end..yet wouldn't harm a flea. They too, are known to be vicious animals..if you raise them that way..

It is, as always, about how you take care of your pets..and the personality of your pet can tell someone a lot about it's owner.. hopefully this makes some sense..it is late and I have no idea why I am still up..lol

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Here is my pitbull. She is the nicest girl ever. This is her sleeping in my bed one morning when I woke up lol

edit on 8 14 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Your spot on! Its always the human..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The owner is responsible for the dog.

Treat dogs like dogs, not humans.

Be the alpha dog, do not allow your dog to think it leads the pack.

A dog needs direction and purpose, otherwise they misbehave.

My 6yo female mutt ( Carolina Dog/GSD ) is strong willed, but she follows my every command. I live on some land in the middle of nowhere, but she will stop and heel no matter if she sees a deer, rabbit, turkey, or UPS deliveryman if I give the command.

I have never, and will NOT tolerate a disobedient dog.

So, blame the owner, not the dog. The fault lies with them.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I'm torn on this issue. Given multiple generations, you could certainly breed aggression into a canine. Just as easily, in fact, as is it was bred out. Dog fighting culture has led to a selective prerogative to achieve this exact purpose.

Don't want to start pounding the "not all!!" drum, but I would advise caution when selecting a pit. Shelters, with the best intentions, will tend to adopt these puppies out and taking into consideration that this a decade long relationship... just do your research.

(I have had roommates with Pit Bulls and I would trust those specific dogs with my life)

edit on 14-8-2016 by chronfucius because: wrote purgative, not prerogative..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

A dog needs direction and purpose, otherwise they misbehave.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What are ye yapping about?

I have had mastiffs, staffies, and pitts, none of them showed signs of aggression, blame the owners if you want, not the dogs,

And on a side note, all of my dogs have been attacked by other dogs, mix breeds, with no leash on.

(SNIP) (SNIPPEDYSNIPSNIP)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
I have met quite a few Pitbulls in my life and not a single one of them was mean.

Some dogs are mean by virtue of their genes. Most mean dogs are that way because their owner has made it happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I absolutely LOVE Pits. Always have, but I never truly loved them for what they are until i brought my daughter around one as an infant. One of my really good friends whom we spent a lot of time around owns one. And let me tell you, she was the best behaved dog I'd ever met. Now, she didn't really "listen" to her master but she was so gentle with daughter and so accepting of her. She would just sit there with this big goofy smile on her face while my baby tried ripping her ears off or gouging her eyes out. Stuff I wouldn't even be able to handle as her mother!! Hah.

I don't own one myself, but when I ever get the chance I would love to raise a pitbull. They aren't mean at heart, but I tell you what, they'd rip the face off of anyone who tries to harm that little baby.

a reply to: Quantum12

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have a 8 year old son, Penny Pitbull loves him and she was so gentle which him when he grew up and tugged at her, it's funny bucause she does not listen to me lol. But she is the best girl, if someone went to hurt my son she would stop it.

So one night I walked into my room and this is what i found. Lol. Is this not tries love!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've rescued numerous Pitties. The only way they differ from most other dogs is strength and tenacity. They're just a bigger version of every other Terrier you will ever meet.

I have a half Weimeraner, half Pit right now and he is a wonderful soul. Super game drive. Wants to chase and play with everything like a puppy, but he's an adult. He would get into some trouble with other dogs if I didn't keep him under control, but so would a vast percentage of other dogs. It's my responsibility to keep it from happening.

He's an awesome cuddler and loves people. He also never stinks or sheds, which is the greatest thing ever.

I love the breed and would take in ten more of I could.

top topics

join