It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters in Milwaukee set fire to cars, gas station in response to officer involved shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

He also says there will most likely be Black Panthers coming to Milwaukee, if they're not already there.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

He also says there will most likely be Black Panthers coming to Milwaukee, if they're not already there.

That would not be a surprise. I have the feeling it is only going to get more ugly, maybe real ugly.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

From what I gather he had raised his gun, which resulted in the cop shooting. But that isn't very clear. Did he stop running and turn around?

I found this article that goes a bit more in depth on how the shooting occurred.

www.yahoo.com...

Police Chief Edward Flynn cautioned that the shooting was still under investigation and authorities were awaiting autopsy results, but that based on the silent video from the unidentified officer's body camera, he "certainly appeared to be within lawful bounds."

At the same news conference, Mayor Tom Barrett said a still image pulled from the footage clearly showed the gun in 23-year-old Sylville K. Smith's hand as he fled a traffic stop Saturday.

After watching the officer's body camera footage, Flynn said the entire episode took about 25 seconds, from the start of the traffic stop until shots were fired. He said Smith ran "a few dozen feet" and turned toward the officer while holding a gun.

"It was in his hand. He was raising up with it," the chief said. He said it was unclear how many rounds the officer fired.

The article does mention the investigation is ongoing, and autopsy results are still pending. From the way it sounds, the body cam footage will be released to the public, but am not sure when.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: texasgirl

That would not be a surprise. I have the feeling it is only going to get more ugly, maybe real ugly.

You can definitely feel the tension on the live stream Black Fox provided for us!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
a reply to: texasgirl

From what I gather he had raised his gun, which resulted in the cop shooting. But that isn't very clear. Did he stop running and turn around?

I found this article that goes a bit more in depth on how the shooting occurred.

www.yahoo.com...

Police Chief Edward Flynn cautioned that the shooting was still under investigation and authorities were awaiting autopsy results, but that based on the silent video from the unidentified officer's body camera, he "certainly appeared to be within lawful bounds."

At the same news conference, Mayor Tom Barrett said a still image pulled from the footage clearly showed the gun in 23-year-old Sylville K. Smith's hand as he fled a traffic stop Saturday.

After watching the officer's body camera footage, Flynn said the entire episode took about 25 seconds, from the start of the traffic stop until shots were fired. He said Smith ran "a few dozen feet" and turned toward the officer while holding a gun.

"It was in his hand. He was raising up with it," the chief said. He said it was unclear how many rounds the officer fired.

The article does mention the investigation is ongoing, and autopsy results are still pending. From the way it sounds, the body cam footage will be released to the public, but am not sure when.

Hopefully, we'll be able to view the body cam footage. Not that it will make a difference to the rioters.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: yuppa

you can't deport US citizens, they are in their homeland...
you could possibly prosecute them as traitors, but then, I think there's plenty of offenses being shown in these videos that should be prosecuted when the offenders are found.
I find it rather amazing that there seems to be much more attention to the police shooting, as if weather or not it was justified is somehow relevant to the riot that followed, with it's destruction, beatings, and burning businesses. first, it kind of seems that maybe all these people reacted before there was enough known about the shooting to determine weather or not it was justified... and second, even if it wasn't justified, who was the most harmed by these actions? the system that may have condoned an unjustifiable act, or the people who were actually living in this neighborhood, operating businesses within it, traveling through it possibly with their little children in the cars with them?

unless the rioters were from another section of town, I imagine many of them are waking up and looking out at the destruction they caused and thinking holy heck, what the heck did we do?? they will pass by that burnt up gas station many times, missing it while looking at the gas gauge that is sitting close to empty. in other words, there is two ways to learn a lesson, one is through common sense and the advice of others... the other is the hard way...
they chose the hard way.

Actually you CAN forcefully expel a citizen. you first strip them of their citizenship. It was done before and precedent has been set. it was done to one from here they made leave to saudi arabia.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

Just a note, your linked article mentions the suspect had 23 rounds of ammunition in the gun.

The picture you posted shows a Glock with an extended magazine.

A Glock chambered in .40S&W can accept extended 22 round magazines.

If you load a round in the chamber and then load another round back into the magazine you will have 23 rounds of ammunition in your firearm/magazine.

That picture very well may be of the gun he had on him during the incident.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

If this muthaforker killed another Black person, it would make the local news for 15 seconds, just before the weather. He gets killed, and everyone in Milwaukee's Black communities are freaking out. They're soooo screwed up!

The news media is a catalyst to violence too I see. ABC-7 here in Chicago sent a team up there. They just went live to do a report on the protests in Milwaukee tonight. Guess what. Everyone started acting crazy when the TV lights came on. All this does is rile people up more. Since the TV stations have no discipline, the mayor of Milwaukee should ban them from the protests. (If they show up anyway, hit em with pepper spray.)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

People born in the US or to US citizens overseas cannot have their citizenship stripped from them. The only way a citizen can lose their US citizenship is to officially renounce it and there is a process for that.

SCOTUS made a ruling on this very topic, resulting in the process described above.

Now if you are a foreign national and apply for / granted US citizenship and you lied on your application or failed to meet established requirements, then the citizenship can be revoked.

* - Rogers v. Bellei 401 U.S. 815 (1971)

Rogers v. Bellei, 401 U.S. 815 (1971), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court, which held that an individual who received an automatic congressional grant of citizenship at birth, but who was born outside the United States, may lose his citizenship for failure to fulfill any reasonable residence requirements which the United States Congress may impose as a condition subsequent to that citizenship.[1]

The appellee, Aldo Mario Bellei, was born in Italy to an Italian father and an American mother. He acquired U.S. citizenship by virtue of section 1993 of the Revised Statutes of 1874, which conferred citizenship upon any child born outside the United States of only one American parent (known as jus sanguinis). Bellei received several warnings from government officials that failure to fulfill the five-year residency requirement before age 28 could result in loss of his U.S. citizenship. In 1964, he received a letter informing him that his citizenship had been revoked under § 301(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952. Bellei challenged the constitutionality of this act. The three-judge District Court held the section unconstitutional, citing Afroyim v. Rusk, and Schneider v. Rusk. The Supreme Court reversed the decision, ruling against Bellei.

The ruling above made changes to the ruling in Afroyim v. Rusk. In that ruling SCOTUS said a person cannot have their citizenship involuntarily revoked and that applied to individuals who became US citizens. The bellei ruling made the exception for foreign nationals granted US citizenship and the ability for the government to revoke their citizenship.

The constitutional argument stems from the Citizenship clause of the US Constitution.

edit on 14-8-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Someone was shot during the protests tonight, but no info on who fired the shot.

"MILWAUKEE –  Police said one person was shot at a Milwaukee protest on Sunday and officers used an armored vehicle to retrieve the injured victim and take the person to a hospital, as tense skirmishes erupted for a second night following the police shooting of a black man."

Source: www.foxnews.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Aug 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Those are not protesters. Those are rioters.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: odzeandennz

b) was the man posing a threat to other persons with his weapon(or like to injure someone with the weapon)
c) what is the protocol for shooting a fleeing suspect?

A man running around in public with a weapon can be construed as a threat to others. He could take hostages or shoot someone else to cause a distraction. Cops can shoot if they believe he poses a threat.

Just to play devils advocate... a man 'running around in public with a gun' is anyone practicing open carry, and technically anyone practicing concealed carry.

I could take and shoot a hostage at any moment, too- does that mean I should be executed on the spot?

If you're running from a cop while brandishing a firearm then you're an idiot, and for the sake of the human genome it is a mercy killing, and we should hope you haven't procreated. Just drop the gun, and then run, or is that too complicated? Judging by your post, I'll answer in the affirmative to my own question.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
All the while, the media report on the riots as "protests."

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: cblink

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yea. unfortunately the minimum IQ for required for LEOs is getting lower and lower.

Seems like the cops are the most reasonable out of all 3 parties in my opinion though.

oh i bet.

even with very little fact, you can compose an opinion or basically saying the cop is right to kill fleeing suspect for.. whatever reason or morality you come up with in your head. but that is not what is taught at any academy when it comes to using lethal force.

you coming up with that conclusion with little fact is no better than those moron who went out and rioted and set businesses ablaze with the same little fact you have.

but i bet you feel righteous behind that keyboard tho...

how about waiting, or asking more questions, or waiting for body video release before saying the officer was right in taking a life, when the suspect could have been brought to justice and be tried by a judge and jury... you know...

Read what you just wrote. Now ask is it right for protesters to go out smashing windows and burning up cars and so on? Aren't they making the same mistake you accuse the poster making? They're coming to a conclusion before all the facts are in? Moreso, they're destroying property of others too.

THAT SAID, there're a lot of black people and sympathizers who feel oppressed by a white-dominated racist nation-state. Some of this feeling is legitimate. We shouldn't forget THAT even if some people take it too far. I state this because it's a truth. This by no means justifies violence or criminal intent.
edit on 8/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So just a recap:

Black cop shoots black criminal who pointed gun a black cop. So therefore black rioters burn their own neighborhood and attack anyone who's white because...Black lives matter...

Do I have that right? Don't answer, I know I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually they held the man in jail and said for him to renounce his citizenship or he stays for life in prison.
If you are convicted of betrayal you can be exiled.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

He immigrated to the US and received citizenship? He was then deported to Saudi Arabia? or are you referring to someone else?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
So just a recap:

Black cop shoots black criminal who pointed gun a black cop. So therefore black rioters burn their own neighborhood and attack anyone who's white because...Black lives matter...

Do I have that right? Don't answer, I know I do.

It's about time that BLM members were rounded up and treated as terrorists.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

He immigrated to the US and received citizenship? He was then deported to Saudi Arabia? or are you referring to someone else?

he was a American born AL qaida if i remember. They made him give up his citizenship and sent him to saudi arabia.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Someone was shot during the protests tonight, but no info on who fired the shot.

"MILWAUKEE –  Police said one person was shot at a Milwaukee protest on Sunday and officers used an armored vehicle to retrieve the injured victim and take the person to a hospital, as tense skirmishes erupted for a second night following the police shooting of a black man."

Source: www.foxnews.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

I was just going to mention that!

I heard it was a white kid, 18yo, shot in the neck.

I've only heard "white" once.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join