It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request for a mobile style change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So recently I finally joined the world of civilized folks and got myself a smartphone. I've used it to browse ATS a bit but one thing that I noticed is lacking is an indication of who authored a thread. A lot of times, there are certain authors whose threads I prefer to not read because they're without substance, and this goes triple in the numerous political forums. However, when browsing on a phone I have to click the thread in order to see who authored it. While on the one hand I appreciate not having the extra data sent to the page, on the other hand it impacts functionality a good deal, and I use the data loading pages I don't want to read.

Would it be possible to start showing the thread author on the mobile site when browsing individual forums?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Avatars on mobile would be cool too

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

I actually like not having avatars on mobile. When on wifi it doesn't really matter, but things that conserve data usage are relevant when not.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Goto your account on mobile and switch to desktop view.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Goto your account on mobile and switch to desktop view.

No I understand that I've done that a few times its just a pain in the a$$ to keep zooming in and out to read.

join