It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Poltergeist' and 'levitating dog' baffles Scottish Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
a reply to: SaturnFX

It'd be cool to hear more about those experiences if you're prepared to share them, of course.

I did a thread about it awhile back found: Here if you are interested.

but the TL
R of it is simply: bro died, I asked for a very specific sign, it happened the moment I asked. years later, I asked again and the same sign happened immediately. the details are in the link

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

for all the skeptics, consider that according to some testimonies online (Roger Morneau and others) the agenda has been to destroy belief in the supernatural… yet if you study history and biographies, you can hardly find a significant historical figure who hasn't had a supernatural influence: Carter saw a ufo, Reagan used an astrologer to make policy, as does Hillary Clinton… Jung got all of his ideas from a supernatural being he says manifested, named "Philemon", MANY scientific inventions and books have been similarly "gifted"… for that matter, the Bible was written by 50+ men over hundreds of years in different locations and yet maintains a single narrative and is the most prophetic book on the planet…

juxtapose this by "Scoobie-Doo" and how the program seems to be to take young minds and cause them to think that supernatural forces do not exist… ditto "education"…

when the program allows supernatural, it is either into the extremes or in the "new age" movement, which itself has a lot of supernatural, but hardly ever any death, punishment or demons…but plenty of angels and "evolution"…

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I never understand why people call the police to these incidents. What can a police officer do? Noises can't be tasered, right? Alleged ghosts can't be summonsed for 'breach of the peace.'

I agree. The problem is who can you call? not the toast buttered. If you call a medium they will say it's a spirit, if you call a priest they will say it's a demon, hell if you call David Icke he might say it's interdimentional retpoid.

It's best to look to science before the supernatural, when the science is ruled out then we can consider high strangeness. What bothers me is in this day in age it's easy to pull your smartphone and for some reason people don't pull them out of their pockets and take footage after weeks of "hauntings" no footage is recorded which could suggest hoaxing.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Police Scotland use body cams...where's the Video.?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the link - just read it. Fascinating story - and sorry to hear about your brother

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople

Thanks for the link - just read it. Fascinating story - and sorry to hear about your brother

Yeah. no pain like losing a loved one. I take heart in the idea that maybe the story isn't fully over though. It doesn't make a lot of sense overall given our understanding of this universe, but I guess we may not know everything there is to know after all.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thanks much OP, I always enjoy reading a story that claims credible witnesses. Maybe the Ghost Adventures guy will buy this place, too. Take it easy.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Hello. I'm a long time member and I've always been afraid to post my true beliefs in fear of what folks might say but today my friend I'm not afraid anymore... My heart and soul are at peace, I have a new sight I can't explain .. I've been spiritually awakened by God.
I don't believe in ghosts - IMO or belief system I think they are angels or demons. I'm not knowledgable enough to debate or prove anything... That's just what I've come to believe through my experiences .. We all experience things in this lifetime .. I wish I could share what I've been through .. Visually and emotionally .. But I can't ..
I may seem a bit bonkers but let me tell you a secret .. All the best people are mad my dear ..

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The dog did not "levitate." He was found on top of the bushes. That doesn't mean he "levitated." There's a teenager, a "distressed" teenager, in the house. This is a classic poltergeist tale. It's not the house; it's the kid.

If you read the article it clearly describes the mother and the son as being extremely distressed due to the incidents so whats your point? They are not saying only the teenager was distressed prior to the incidents. They are saying that when the police officers arrvied they found them both to be distressed which would be understandable considering the unexplained incidents. I agree the use of the word 'levitate' is misleading but that's Daily Record sensationalism for you. It shouldn't discredit the story. The police officers witness statements add huge credibility so how can it be the kid not the house in that respect?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I live in Scotland and have never seen an officer with a body cam nor do I know of anyone who has ever experienced officers wearing body cams.

They are in use in Scotland in selected areas or for certain types of calls for police attendance but don't make statements that aren't true just to discredit this story.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
I live in Scotland and have never seen an officer with a body cam nor do I know of anyone who has ever experienced officers wearing body cams.

They are in use in Scotland in selected areas or for certain types of calls for police attendance but don't make statements that aren't true just to discredit this story.

Ok. Police in Scotland have mobile phones like everyone else.. Where's the Video.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: MrSpad

Selling a ghost story to whom?

Who even buys them?

I am very naive...

I am making a fortune off of my ghost stories.
One word. Volume.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I could tell you ghost stories that would make your hair turn orange...

Wait, I see you've already heard them.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mouthfullofkefirgrains

Philippa Langley, the woman who finally nailed the long-lost burial spot of Richard III, spent years researching. However the pivotal moment was when she walked across an area of the Leicester car park. She said she had an overwhelming sensation that he was right there and they directed their efforts there to find him.

Whether it's an actual 'supernatural' or our beliefs in things supernatural is hard to be certain about. Like you say, whatever it is has been a part of human existence for a very long time. Personally, I'm more aligned to the sceptical explanations, but some things seem to be more slippery.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just to cap off the thread; Sharon Hill's posted an article on Doubtful News that highlights the missing evidence that's typical in these reports. When I say 'typical,' I mean they go back for decades and perpetually fall short of anything certain. "Bystanders say" or "local residents" are phrases that imply more evidence than there really was.

Several questions IMMEDIATELY arise and are not answered by any of the news reports:

* Who were the officers who responded?
* Did the officers actually witness what is described? Where are the detailed reports?
* Did the family call on both days? Why?
* “It is understood” that various policeman witnessed it – what does that mean? Why are no names included?

I looked for all reports of the incident. What I found was a repetition of the Daily Record story with the same unsourced quotes. All stories include a stock photo of a chihuahua, as well, which I thought was humorous. Adding the bit that the dog was affected by the phenomena adds greatly to the interest in the story, but also allowed for some egregious exaggeration as I note later on.
Doubtful News link again

I looked for the same things at the time and they still haven't come out. The police aren't required to release detailed reports, but often do when asked. There's no sign of a follow-up by journalists or indication that the Daily Record made a request. It's possible the police didn't want their names associated with something like this and I also notice there's been no denial of reported events by them either.

What does this mean? As usual, people can draw their conclusions from personal beliefs. It'll remain interesting to me because I enjoy the folkloric nature of these reports and the newer the better. The inconclusive nature of reports means they're open to interpretation and lend themselves to confirmation bias. Let's be honest too - all sides are prone to bias.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join