It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Poltergeist' and 'levitating dog' baffles Scottish Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I posted a thread years ago that nobody read lol. It was an account by an ex-Scotland Yard detective inspector of weird doings in an English house - The Curious Case of the Ghost and the Policeman

It's remains in the 'grey basket' because I can't see the incentive for him to hoax. He had a good career and rose quite high. The chapter was mid-book and wasn't used to publicise the book - it was pre-internet.

I don't rule out the possibility that he was telling a shaggy dog story for his own reasons. Still, what if he wasn't??

Headscratcher

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have experienced being in a room with lots of framed photos and several clocks on the wall.
I was playing with a Rubik's cube. Teenager.
Suddenly pictures and clocks started dropping of the wall in sequence.
I was a little sppppppooooked.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That would be a theatrical demonstration!

My own involved a rubbing alcohol bottle on display at a Walgreen's levitating off it's shelf, hesitating a tic, and then skittering down the aisle. Pretty boring, except for the whole moving on it's own thing ... and it occurs to me that it involved alcohol in a drug store... a joke, of sorts?

I spent an hour looking for filaments, springs and bored employees ... but ended up ascribing it to something unknown...

and there were a few times after that in some weird houses, and one head scratcher before that involving a person I trust seemingly effecting matter with their mind, but nothing when I was looking directly at it, again.

I'd love to know the answers... at least I think I would.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Selling a ghost story to whom?

Who even buys them?

I am very naive...

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

My parent's (detached) house has a history of people hearing footsteps and voices. Loud bangs in a couple of rooms and nobody in them. Two or three people have said they've seen figures. Who knows?

Objects used to seem to go missing: keys and utensils. They'd turn up again within a few days.

Young and stupid....I was going to take my dad's car for a drive when they were on holiday. Opened the garage, started the engine and went for a shower. I couldn't find the keys after the shower and the garage door was closed and locked. Panicked. Thought someone had wandered in and stole the keys. Stupid idea, but what else would explain missing keys?

The keys were found in the car, in the locked garage when they got back. To this day I've no idea how the heck that could happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Coincides with the annual opening of "lions gate".

Lionsgate opens every year on August 8th to the 12th, when the Sun is in Leo and is noted by the star Sirius , which is now moving closer to Earth and all aligning in Orion’s belt, which then perfectly syncs up with the Pyramids in Giza. Much energy activation worlwide!

Sirius’ energy is all about awakening to new frequencies, vibrations & energies...all at an accelerated rate. This is the annual launch of Earths' energetic relationships with others on and off the plane of our existence.

During this time we are all going to be reminded that we are each separately yet aggregately connected to the ALL of the Universe.

September is gonna be a doozy!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I'll be in Scotland tomorrow and will be sure to watch out for lions and gates

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Who you gonna call.......?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The couple "weird" rental houses I lived in removed all personal doubt about "haunting" phenomena... the "incidents" I experienced number in the high hundreds, but that doesn't mean I really have any clue... I just KNOW it happens, nothing about the whys and wherefores, tho.

But I know how difficult it is to even consider that it happens... coupled with the religious noise and other likely erroneous belief systems, it makes for a muddy pond... but that pond itself is there, waiting for the right smart mutant ape to poke a stick in it.

I'm just hoping there isn't some elder god lurking in that pond, ready to grab the stick and probe with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Since you are open-minded, what's your take on this guy's 30 year experience with demonic possession?

Ivy League Trained Psychiatrist's 30 Year Experience With Demonic Possession

P.S. I had intentions of making this guy's story a thread in-of-self, but procrastination got the better part of me

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You know, I think we all are truly skeptics of everything until we see for ourselves. However; in this case, the police give credence to the story for a couple of reasons. First, they are seaoned veterans who would not jeopordise their careers by reporting this unless they were absolutely sure. And second they would find every reason not to report something like this if at all possible.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Avoid phrases like "here, kitty-kitty..."

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

imho,

I think such cases are going to markedly increase in frequency and . . . degree of strangeness.

Folks would do well to learn how to deal with them.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: schuyler

There's a guy called Richard Sugg who studies poltergeist claims. You might find him interesting

Thanks for the tip. On my list.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Totally agree. It's almost always the kid, not a spook. It's almost always teenagers;too, when hormones are raging and the body is changing, and yet they still have an open childlike mind full of wonder.

Remember the Hutchison guy, who supposedly invented a new crazy matter manipulating machine dubbed 'the Hutchison effect'? I read some really interesting accounts by gov officials who witnessed first hand objects melting and levitating. But, one of them said something curios. He said, it wasn't the machine, it was Hutchison himself. He was unknowingly manipulating the objects subconsciously. I'm sure there are some good threads on him here somewhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As for the chihuahua on a hedge, I'm often surprised by how high my little chihuahua will jump. She likes to get high and sort of perch, almost cat-like in a sense. Very nimble, too. I have deck with a fairly high railing, she'll jump on the bench and walk along the railing. It's not 7ft, but I could certainly imagine her getting that high up jumping/walking along various obstacles.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Ugh.

Yep. Question is, do you really want to know about this kind of #? I got thrown into it years ago...hundreds of paranormal experiences, yet im told by "professionals" that it was not "real", whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhotepic

I think the reaction to a story like this is completely dependent on the person. I am still a skeptic of ghosts, demons, jhin, voodoo, possessions, magick, that kinda stuff, so when I see an article or story like this my mind immediately starts to try to solve it with logic. Where do you stand? Have you seen any ghosties? I wonder why they don't reveal themselves to me. Probably afraid of me.

I have had a pretty intense experience (twice) that has altered my egotistical view on how I know everything about the universe.
I dont..."know" what a ghost is...I only know what happened to me, and what I took away from it is that I, nor it seems some of the greatest scientists and skeptics on earth, are missing out on something potentially very big that is frustratingly difficult to measure at the moment.

I am skeptical of reports..but I am not skeptical of the concepts of a "ghost" (whatever that means) being a real thing. problem is, lotta fakes, nuts, and mistaken identification.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Ugh.

Yep. Question is, do you really want to know about this kind of #? I got thrown into it years ago...hundreds of paranormal experiences, yet im told by "professionals" that it was not "real", whatever that means.

It means basically in order to form a hypothesis on something, it must have backing science based on some previously established physical norm..so from the start, the concept of anything outside of our understanding physical universe is difficult to move forward given it will require a much deeper or different understanding of our universe to begin with.

We are cavemen trying to understand nuclear physics basically. Og doesn't care about fusion reactions...rock hard, fire hot. thats where we are today.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I am skeptical of reports..but I am not skeptical of the concepts of a "ghost" (whatever that means) being a real thing. problem is, lotta fakes, nuts, and mistaken identification.

If you could get any of this stuff to be repeatable, you'd have scientists driving the person who could DO it nuts.

The problem is, there's so much noise in the form of the fakes, nuts, and errors combined with the total lack of being able to duplicate it that it's likely to never be really investigated.

Unless Tom Telekinetic shows up one day and doesn't mind making the world safe for democracy in a concrete block cell 500 feet below the Nevada desert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join