It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump in PA, no media filter...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think that's the problem. People need a Trump translator. They're so used to the sanitized speech written by many hands, that it's come to be what they expect. The problem with those speeches is that you cannot tell when they are using hyperbole, making mistakes or fudging the truth.

I enjoy the candour and transparency of Trump. We know what he's thinking, we know when he is mistaken, we have the last 30 years of his life open to pour through, and upon looking, it's not so bad. I prefer knowing my politicians are human beings.

Remember when Obama got off the TelePrompter a few times and lost it? Nothing like a team of writers preparing every word that comes out of your mouth well until those monuments when you need to wing it. Hillary has every word selected and dissected that comes out of her mouth and she still sounds like crap. She keeps asking Trump to tell his plans and I have not heard a single one from her, but boy we know what Trump wants to do from A to Z.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

If those stadiums and arenas are filled by free willing people then it can be a hint of what´s to come, if he is organising bus rides to bring people to the rallies then it will at the most encourage a few undecided to vote for him.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Trump does not uses a teleprompter, only a few notes for stats and numbers.

Thats why they'll never let him in the oval office, he doesn't stick to the the script.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If you don't mind me asking OP...What country are you posting from?....

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I watch his speeches all the time and pay very close attention to what he says. The only way I could ever characterize him as being "on point" is if I bashed my head against a brick wall until I lost about 70 IQ points and huffed some spray paint.

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

Ok, so he speak off the cuff every time. Obama never would have been elected if had to do the same. The poor guy in his first four years looked like a idiot when the Teleprompter went down or got off track. About 90% to the things Obama said he was going to do, things people voted him into office to do, he didn't do them, so that tells you just how far election rhetoric goes...lol

I'm sure Hillary with her army of writers is much better fitted for your senstive ears while not knowing her true intentions once she is in...lol

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It does. Erie from last night was blue in 2012. Thousands of people at that rally, people outside. Over 150K views online of the speech. It was a good speech, no teleprompter and really spoke to those people. He had them chanting, laughing.
Made some very witty comments unscripted. If anyone does not agree that's your right to be obtuse but the video shows the people there liked it a lot.

Erie is not even on Hillary's campaign trail. Either she feels super confident it's in the bag or just gave up on it. She is probably going to reconsider visiting it after last night. If she does it shows Trump is causing her to shift tactics which is not a good sign at all. It shows fear making her adjust her schedule to deal with a problem.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
From a small EU country

edit on 13-8-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Trump does not uses a teleprompter, only a few notes for stats and numbers.

Thats why they'll never let him in the oval office, he doesn't stick to the the script.

For people's enjoyment let watch Obama off the TelePrompter. In his case he was the press' darling so we really didn't get the coverage like Trump.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual
From a small EU country

I only ask because you registered yesterday and posted two threads...One making a case for Donald Trump, the other insinuating that the US Olympic team is guilty of a form of Doping. You also made posts that were anti-Nato and appreciating how Trump was anti-NATO and that NATO bases "surrounding" Russia was bad and aggressive etc. etc.

You said you are posting from a small EU country? Which one?

Would you please indulge me and offer an opinion of the Russian Government?
How do you feel about Vladimir Putins leadership?
Do you think it was fair and Just that the Russian team was banned from the Olympics for doping?

Just looking to get to know your views better since you are fresh to the boards.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Um, why do you think CNN would hire his former campaign manager....maybe to get some dirt or insider knowledge on trumps campaign. And I love the fact trump haters go on about him repeating himself and it's stupid that he does but yet you seem to do the same.

And the narrow picture the msm always gives, hillary being god and trump being the town drunk.
But with the picture of Hillary needing help up a few stairs. She looks more like the town drunk to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If those stadiums and arenas are filled by free willing people then it can be a hint of what´s to come, if he is organising bus rides to bring people to the rallies then it will at the most encourage a few undecided to vote for him.

But he isn't organizing bus rides. In fact, Thursday evening on Fox, he said:

“I don’t know that we need to get out the vote,”

Fox host Eric Bolling noted that the RNC has infrastructure and data, such as email lists and phone numbers for voter outreach, saying it was important for Trump's campaign.
“I don’t know. I will let you know on the ninth, on Nov. 9th,” Trump responded, referring to the day after the election.

link

He doesn't want to be bothered with a ground game. Trump believes enough voters will magically appear at the polls just by following the sound of his voice.

Deluded fantasy.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

All right.

I haven´t made a case for Trump, I said I agree with a few of his ideas and I find other ideas outrageous. You better read all the post.

The US are sweeping many medals, after reading this news I wondered, of course:

www.cnet.com...

Not going to tell you what country.

Putin? Imagine yourself in the mid nineties opening a small store, business goes well and you don´t have to beg for food stamps anymore, then, one beautiful day two mobsters enter your shop and tell you plain and simple, turn your store to us or we will kill your son, then your daughter then your wife then you will keep your store if you like...

Then in the late 90/s came Putin and gradually everything started to work. with oligarchs, with natural resources plundering, with generalised theft by the elite, amongst them Putin himself.

But what would you prefer a lawless democracy or a semi-dictatorship semi-muscled-democracy where you can actually make a living in the same way as on any mid range EU country?

Things are never that simple when you know a little more... Putin is a lesser evil for now.

Regarding doping I have two distinct views and I can find good arguments for both and they are one, allow any kind of doping, two, forbid any kind of doping.

I wouldn´t mind to see doped athletes falling dead during competitions, I think it could be didactic to others. But if the rules of a competition state that there is no dope allowed, anyone cheating has to be expelled. Russian, Kenyan or American.

NATO bases surrounding Russia or China or any other country that is not in the american pocket it´s aggressive, any doubts about that? So is that something to keep or not?

I didn´t had to reply to any of your questions but doing so I´ll spread my ideas better so thanks for asking

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's funny he's a supporter and this is the first time he's watched a full speech. (?? Is that what he's saying)
I'm a Hillary supporter and I watch all his speeches and all her speeches. I watched most of the debates. Both sides.
(I say most because I was away for a getaway during one democrat debate)
I think it's the only way to gain true perspective. I don't understand people who say I would never vote for ___________, but have never listened to anything that person has said except for what they see in the news.
Then say the news is skewed against ____________ while promoting _____________. So they never know the policies of _________ because they never tune in to their speeches or debates.

I even watched both conventions. Eight nights out of my life.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Funny I saw that same ploy of moving everyone up to the front so it looks like a crowd for both candidates. I saw that and the guy turn and show the empty seats behind them.
Half those that show up for Trump rallies do so because they live in that area and this free entertainment is too good to pass up.
Doesn't mean they will vote for him . They're there to laugh at him.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If I understood correctly you are saying that I´m a Trump supporter?
No, I´m not, I´d rather have some of his ideas being proposed by Sanders or perhaps Rand Paul, but not Clinton because she is too tied to the system we are always complaining about.

The ideas I like in Trump and that I think that could actually make a diference are not many:

Tax or stop in some other way big companies to produce where it´s cheap, sell where it worths and pay taxes where there are no taxes to pay.

This is actually the only reason I could vote for Trump but I´m not american and I´m not sure he would actually do any of this if elected.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hummm.... Trump is a character that you either love or hate, I think not many people can stay there watching him just for the free entertainment.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

All speeches are transcripted from broadcasters. Every news show that's live . Every opinion panel is transcripted so you can go back and read every word said.
So yes he can go back and read the transcripts.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Where do you get your news?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

From a small EU country

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join