It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: President Barack Obama 'Is the Founder of ISIS'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Semi agree with you both, whichever narrative we want to adopt the truth is all are a creation of (the) US. Convenient to blame a person, but by technicality since this is (used to be) a democracy either way we slice it it is now our fault. We can focus on who or move forward. That being said our constant presence and exponential investment isn't helping IMHO. Seems to me since we've reacted the problem has been getting worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Isis was formed in 1999 dude.

The Syrian civil war did not even start until 2011 dude.

ISIS WAS NOT NAMED UNTIL 2013 after they were armed by Obama's failed regime change attempt, dude.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hasn't Obama referred to ISIS as "DAESH" too? Must be a code word.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Honestly you can't group them all together, it would be like saying the Taliban hit the WTC. Guilty by semi or lack of association just because of religious similarities.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I wish to clarify that this assertion is total bunk that Obama had anything to do with the formation of ISIS.

The MSM relies very heavily on short term memory loss over the collective community.

Please read.

Some here got it right, so let's not distort facts to fit a narrative shall we?

Your bias is showing.

www.washingtoninstitute.org...
edit on 11-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They will ignore those facts and just continue the trump mudslinging campaign...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Not that I'm a Trump supporter, but not like the opposite side isn't running off the same platform. The platform is both sides are so disliked sell that the other is worse. I could tear both apart before I could sell them.
edit on 11-8-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Wait a minute, dude. Go back to last year when Russia first got involved in Syria, and I could literally dig up hundreds of posts where you claim the U.S. is directly or indirectly behind the creation of ISIS.

Fast forward to summer 2016, and you're shilling for Hillary and deflecting for Obama, all because of some words coming out of Trumps mouth. You're dissimulating and contradicting your prior beliefs, all because of something Trump uttered.

Looks like you never were this pro-truth, anti-globalist, pro-Russia guy after all. You're just another easily manipulated clown. Thanks for exposing yourself.
edit on 11-8-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I know your choices are shocking.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Good article. The civil war aspect cannot be stressed enough.

As for Trump's statements, and just to fire it up a bit, there was this:

In early 2006, Zarqawi brought together a number of other Iraqi insurgent factions and established the Majlis Shura al-Mujahedin (MSM) with AQI at the top.18 This process was further consolidated after Zarqawi’s death on June 7, 2006. On October 15, a statement titled “Announcing the Establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq”19 was released by Muharib al-Juburi, ISI’s new information minister. And on November 10, AQI’s replacement for Zarqawi,20 Abu Hamza al Muhajir, pledged baya to the newly appointed leader of ISI, Abu Omar alBaghdadi.

In accordance with this:

In contrast, excitement surged online over the prospect of an Islamic state following ISI’s announcement of its own establishment. Since the announcement, all major online jihadist forums list the number of days since the Islamic state was formed (2,813 days, as of June 26, 2014).

In the years after ISI’s relative decline, though not outright defeat, violence in Iraq receded.

The date there is October 13, 2006, I think. The relative decline and receding of violence fell under Bush's term.

The next significant event according to the article:

In April 2013, overt enmity between ISIS and alQaeda broke out in full when ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi announced that he was extending the Islamic State of Iraq into Syria and changing the group’s name to the Islamic State of Iraq and alSham.

This shortly following the full withdrawal of US troops, under Obama's term.

Then there is this from wikipedia:

The group first began referring to itself as the Islamic State (الدولة الإسلامية ad-Dawlah al-Islāmiyah) or IS in June 2014, when it proclaimed itself a worldwide caliphate,[38][39] and named Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as its caliph.

Changed its name to ISIS, declared itself world wide caliphate, on Obamas term, and after the the full withdrawal of troops from Iraq. No, correlation does not imply causation, but in combination with Trumps statements on Islamic terrorism, he isn't that far off the mark.

Trump is consistent at least, as he explains the same thing in Trumpean fashion in this interview from January.

It looks like another manufactured controversy to me, and I clearly have too much time on my hands these days.

edit on 11-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

And I'm not offended that other countries decide to watch and chime in, I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I love the conviction and fact checking for both sides of this argument. But this is again an example of the media evoking division in election season. We all hate the two party system and alot of us find ourselves feeding the issues we're supposed to. It doesn't matter which position we alow it and we are to blame.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I love the conviction and fact checking for both sides of this argument. But this is again an example of the media evoking division in election season. We all hate the two party system and alot of us find ourselves feeding the issues we're supposed to. It doesn't matter which position we alow it and we are to blame.

Picture us around a table at a pub, it kind of ruins the whole division thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Haha the debate is therapy and we all crave the debate. Hopefully the rest of the sheeple find our thirst. For knowledge, then they'll be alowd at the pub.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You misunderstood i'm agreeing with you.
Both are crap candidates.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
I wouldn't say that Obama founded the Islamic State.

But his (and Hillary's soon to be) policies have certainly fostered and aided the growth and surge of radical Islamism in the middle east and in the west.

He refuses to bomb their oil fields because of climate change, he laid out a 'no boots on the ground' policy, he drew a red line that was crossed.

If I were a radical Islamist with money to use to manipulate American politics, I would most certainly do everything I could to make sure the current administration's policies prevailed after this election. And by that I mean, I would support Hillary Clinton.

We already know that people who voiced support for Al-Qaeda also support Clinton.

edit on 11-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Definitely understood. And apologized to the world this is a thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
trump's goon squad cant even defend what he says anymore. they just agree and find technicalities to make his wild and spurious claims fact.
how can this man lose... ?

which is why im voting trump.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
There is no doubt that Obama made some huge mistakes that leads to the creation of Isis. For example they knew Isis was going to create there caliphate before they did. They also supplied weopons through Benghazi to Syrian fighters which later turned out to be Isis. It was no coincidence we started seeing US weopons in the hands of ISIS fighters. This was all part if the plan to undermine assaad in Syria. As Obama said he considered ISIS thr JV team and didn't take there threat seriously.

To further complicate his mistake he figured that these Isis fighters would lead to the destruction of thr Syrian govt he didn't count on backing from Russia or even before that the backing of Iran to keep Assaad in power.

If you want to trace the relationship of the state dept. To the creation of Isis this is a good place to start these are documents released by the state dept under thr freedom of information act. It also gives you an idea of why a US ambassador died involving shipments of arms from Beghazi to ports of Banias and the Port of Borj Islam, Syria.

www.judicialwatch.org... a-terrorists-had-planned-benghazi-attack-10-days-in-advance/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join