It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Hypocrite Will Smith Calls for a Cleanse of Trump and His Supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
newsbusters.org...

Being a narrow-minded Hollywood hypocrite, Smith apparently thinks Trump and Trump supporters are white Islamophobic racists when he had a few things to say about how the Republican presidential nominee will help “cleanse” “embarrassing” things from American discourse.

“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” Smith said before adding that “[w]e get to know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”

So Will Smith is talking about "cleansing" a group of people from the country that he doesn't like and part of that dislike is based on skin color. Why isn't this a huge national media outrage? That sounds a lot like Will Smith is promoting ethnic cleansing. This is made more concerning by the fact we have seen actual violence from Democrat supporters, roaming around in mobs and beating up people the media says are dangerous and tyrannical. These people feel justified in what they're doing.

Ever since the primaries have been over the media has demonized Trump as a tyrant, a racist, a dictator and given him every bad label you can give. The POTUS has even called him "unfit". Since then, there has been one guy who rushed Trump's stage and was turned in to a hero for it and another guy who tried to get a cop's gun to shoot Trump.

Given all this, it's more than absurd the media is in outrage mode over selectively edited Trump comments about 2nd amendment supporters.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Will Smith is a joke, he's one of those "poor me
I'm black oh poor me" guys.

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday.
I used to like Will Smith (his movies anyway), but now he is blackballed on my TV.

I don't know why these hollywood people think that their opinion means more than the opinion of others? They are certainly entitled to their opinion, but why make it public?

I saw that he was getting hammered by negative comments on his FB yesterday. He brought this on himself so he will have to live with the consequences - loss of fans.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh goody, another celebrity with an opinion.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
So Will Smith is talking about "cleansing" a group of people from the country that he doesn't like and part of that dislike is based on skin color.

Will Smith didn't mention skin color.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

oh a rich entertainer and comedian has a bigoted opinion....must listen like he is important or something.

He should worry about his no talent kid that is the poster child for confused entitled elitist asshats.

edit on 8 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

As this quote is CLEARLY being taken out of context and sensationalized by Newsbusters, this thread should probably be in the Mud Pit.

Given all this, it's more than absurd the media is in outrage mode over selectively edited Trump comments about 2nd amendment supporters.

It's funny how hypocritical you sound about the media sensationalizing Trumps words while you create a thread that is promoting the sensationalizing of someone else's words. I guess it's a case of "do as I say and not as I do."
edit on 10-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When has context ever mattered in politics?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So someone else in the media who dislikes freedom, free speech, free expression.

Big surprise.

Wonder who he supports?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good point. Why am I entertaining Buzzfeed level reporting? Carry on guys.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How painful to hear Hollywood actors complain about political celebrity. Doesn't he know that hollywood and its celebrity are the basis behind conditioning the masses to political showmanship?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well actors and politicians have one thing in common, both are professional liers.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry, double post
edit on 10-8-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I find it absolutely laughable although very pathetic when people criticise others quite legally using the first amendment in your country when you don't like what they say. It's not like he left it very ambiguous about whether someone should be shot now, is it?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yet this thread was created for the sole purpose of bashing him for exercising his own right to free speech and expression, despite him having the same freedom to do so as Trump or anyone else in this country. Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Did you read the article? What a trash writer! I don't care what any actors say or think any more than anyone else, please remember they are just people with opinions of their own.

But this is ridiculous, as you can read this is said by the author not Will Smith! They used two words of his and then made it sound like something completely different.

Anyone anywhere should know that there is getting to be a muslim fear in the public is that a lie? As far as his opinions of Trump, we each have our own why should he not have his? People have been expressing similar about Hillary and Trump on here for months and no one thinks any less of them. We have a right to have an opinion and that includes Will Smith.

Actor Will Smith recently said something that would have been considered offensive and dare I say racist when he made comments about Trump and Trump supporters.

Being a narrow-minded Hollywood hypocrite, Smith apparently thinks Trump and Trump supporters are white Islamophobic racists when he had a few things to say about how the Republican presidential nominee will help “cleanse” “embarrassing” things from American discourse.

edit on 10-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I used to like Will Smith (his movies anyway), but now he is blackballed on my TV.

With that sort of basis for deciding what movies I watch I would have nothing left to watch!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: TheBulk
So Will Smith is talking about "cleansing" a group of people from the country that he doesn't like and part of that dislike is based on skin color.

Will Smith didn't mention skin color.

Smith has similarly been vocal about issues of race and discrimination in Hollywood. Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith boycotted this year's Oscar ceremony in protest against two straight years of all-white acting nominees. The boycott by the couple and other prominent black actors prompted the film academy to promise it would double the number of female and minority members and diversify its leadership.
He said Sunday he believes it's his responsibility to create an impression with people "where when they see a black man, the energy that we had can be what they remember."

I think it's people like Smith that need to be told that white skin won't hurt them.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's funny how hypocritical you sound about the media sensationalizing Trumps words while you create a thread that is promoting the sensationalizing of someone else's words. I guess it's a case of "do as I say and not as I do."

This is the liberal motto. This is the modus operendi of the media! Why isn't this a big story Krazy?

originally posted by: uncommitted

I find it absolutely laughable although very pathetic when people criticise others quite legally using the first amendment in your country when you don't like what they say. It's not like he left it very ambiguous about whether someone should be shot now, is it?

Huh?
edit on 10-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
hey we "bash" everyone we don't like haha its all a continuous cycle. and its all part of the same thing.. freedom of speech, its great huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join