It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Intepretation, Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hello!

This one goes out for all you dream lovers and interpreters out there. I'm not looking for a google search result, just what you guys honestly think/believe. I can't say that I believe in the interpretations but I do believe that sometimes dreams are their own interpretations of what a person feels inside, using the dream as a symbol to represent what we already know, even if we deny it to ourselves. I'd still love to know everyone's take on it because it might possibly reveal something that I have not already thought of. All interpretations are appreciated, whether I believe them to be the case or not.

Sooo... Shall we?

Fast forwarding to the part of the dream I'm interested in.

Setting:
- I'm in a store with no real organization to what's being sold in there. Just big, long shelves in a very poor lit part of this store with random stuff sitting on top of it.

Dream:
- After picking up various things to eat and drink in what I thought was a convenience sized store (I think I'm hungry in my dream), I at some point enter some area of the store which is much larger than the rest of the store. On this shelf sits this metal cage. I find it odd that it's not a normal case. The mesh is tightly woven. I bring it close to my eyes and notice that I can see through the mesh but still find it odd that if it's a bird cage, which I perceive it to be, why is the mesh so tightly woven... It's a decently sized cage with a large square door on the front, same mesh, and the whole cage is kinda flimsy, resembling a brillo pad by it's metal and silver/grey color. It also seems like it collapses on itself when stored, though all of this is probably not important, but it does lead to the focus of my dream.

Focus:
- For some reason this cage is interesting in it's design and I wonder if I need/want it. I realize somehow that no animals are supposed to be in here, none for sale but with the cage I would need supplies and the bird to go with it. Suddenly I noticed something moving in the same general area. Out pops this parakeet. I believe he is yellow but he's missing so many feathers in places, mostly tattered. He has feathers on his head but missing large patches across his body. I feel that he looks very hungry, underfed and weak. I reach out and he/she/it clings to my fingers, nuzzling my hand with his head, showing me love and kindness, maybe being afraid and clinging to me because it knows i'll take care. I instantly know that I must buy this bird and help it, feed it, and give it the same love it's giving me. It touches my heart how it's nudging it's head against my fingers as though it were using arms to hold me and hug me tightly. Each moment, it would do it again, over and over. I adore it and must have it, if to protect and nourish. Lots of feels for this bird.

I wake

What say you fine dreamy folks?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I would say, the bird represents a neglected part of yourself. Something buried deep inside that you try to forget you have. Something locked away long ago that you need to seek out and incorporate into the present.

This could be a part of your voice that you have stifled also, the yellow color and type of animal make me think of the voice.
edit on 9-8-2016 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2016 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Were you adopted as a child because it resembles what happens to children after their parents sell them off to MKUltra.

The toddlers are always put in cages in a military air base shelter. The children are always starved and abused.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Thank you for your thoughts.

Oddly enough, when I read what you said about the color (dreams are so hard to remember fully) I thought that the bird may have been void of color, being white with dark markings and the color only expressed itself when reading you mentioning the color, as if a momentary correction took place. To be honest, I can't say if it was yellow or white. When I think of a parakeet, I instantly think yellow since Ive seen so many that color.

Either way, everything was insightful. Though, I did think it might represent someone whom I care a lot about who seems in an extreme fragile way, sickly, lacking love and affection... though I've always feared may be too much of a flight issue to let myself get close to but I do adore. But I could be wrong
I like your take too. You may even be more right than my own interpretation. lol I never thought of your aspect.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

Were you adopted as a child because it resembles what happens to children after their parents sell them off to MKUltra.

The toddlers are always put in cages in a military air base shelter. The children are always starved and abused.

Haha no... That's a bit far down the rabbit hole for a dream, my friend

But thank you!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You have an evil desire that needs to be controlled.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

What ValentineWiggin said. I'd only add that part of you is buried in a recessed part of your deep psyche, kept in a cage; a fragile, little, starving, bird.

Most of us have one of those.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

You have an evil desire that needs to be controlled.

Ahhh but don't we all?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What ValentineWiggin said. I'd only add that part of you is buried in a recessed part of your deep psyche, kept in a cage; a fragile, little, starving, bird.

Most of us have one of those.

Interesting. But, did the cage bring the bird to the dream (and was the cage the real focus) or was the bird the focus?

This makes me think that the cage might have been the focus and the bird only came after I started focusing on the cage. I focused on the cage at first because it was something of an oddity and it captured my curiosity. The bird came after but maybe only because I needed something to relate to the cage?
edit on 9-8-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I see an overall sense of dissatisfaction and searching for things you need. When your search leads to a less familear area you find something which may contribute to your lifestyle, but not if you remain solitary. You encounter a kindred spirit sharing your predicament and feel the need to help it and bond with it.

Have you been feeling lonely lately? Have you been dealing with, or thinking about hardship? Have you felt a particular need lately to reach out to the unfortunate?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My guess:

There is a child or pet that you are aware of that you subconsciously feel is being neglected. Maybe the child or pet is a bit too skinny or a bit too quiet for someone that age. Maybe the house they live in seems a bit on the neglected side; little signs of disrepair, a little too much junk in the yard, lawn not that well kept, etc. Nothing concrete, nothing you could point at and say "definitely that." But enough to bug you and, as a caring person, you want to help. You just don't know how.

Just a guess, mind you.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

I see an overall sense of dissatisfaction and searching for things you need. When your search leads to a less familear area you find something which may contribute to your lifestyle, but not if you remain solitary. You encounter a kindred spirit sharing your predicament and feel the need to help it and bond with it.

Have you been feeling lonely lately? Have you been dealing with, or thinking about hardship? Have you felt a particular need lately to reach out to the unfortunate?

I like that... In an odd sort of way (only in my head), that makes a lot of sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
My guess:

There is a child or pet that you are aware of that you subconsciously feel is being neglected. Maybe the child or pet is a bit too skinny or a bit too quiet for someone that age. Maybe the house they live in seems a bit on the neglected side; little signs of disrepair, a little too much junk in the yard, lawn not that well kept, etc. Nothing concrete, nothing you could point at and say "definitely that." But enough to bug you and, as a caring person, you want to help. You just don't know how.

Just a guess, mind you.

Don't know of either. Though, thanks for the input. It still had me thinking deep if there were any I knew of, but fraid not.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Interesting. But, did the cage bring the bird to the dream (and was the cage the real focus) or was the bird the focus?

In dreams a structure is said to be our true selves, whatever is in there reflects upon our true nature, both good and bad.

You were led to a deep recess of that structure, to a dark cage, to a little bird, to... you.

Further: sometimes this is a reflection upon our waking lives, maybe the long lost little bird is an aspect of your nature that is has been tucked away but getting woken up by recent experiences...?
edit on 9-8-2016 by intrptr because: further

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Ooooo... What a special bird! It seems like an unexpected gift for you, it means something wonderful is coming your way!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thepowerisinyou

Would love that to be the case. Even one molting like it was? Felt bad for the lil guy/gal.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But you were there to make a difference

top topics

join