It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's reported death a hoax or staged event?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

However, YNW reports that two days ago Snowden sent an equally cryptic tweet, addressed to his former NSA colleagues with the message “It’s time.” It is understood with Friday’s 64 character tweet that he may have just released the key to the encrypted files. At the time of our publishing this story, Gellman has not yet contradicted the YNW report.

Regardless, Snowden’s alleged Tweet and his mistress and former wife’s postings on MRKU, raises the question of whether Snowden is still alive, as fears grow that Snowden’s alleged Tweeting of a 64 character code is proof of a ‘dead-man’s switch’ released in the event of his death or captivity.

Authors Notes:

There are two red flags with this story. The first is that MRKU news reported that

Snowden's reported death a hoax or staged event?

Myself and many others have questioned the truth behind Snowden, whether or not he is what he claims or perhaps a controlled release of intel......Would this be a way to bring him back to the farm, fake his death and take him out of the public forum?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think Snowden is still alive and well, in the same place he has been.
edit on 8/9/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There are definitely a lot of 'what if's' about this story.......

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What 'mistress and former wife'? Snowden has no former wife, and his 'mistress' is his girlfriend...

As far as the rest of it goes, wait and see. Something is in the works but we aren't necessarily privy to it.

Edited to add, that link is a disgusting hash of badly translated fantasy and insults. Looks like the Russian version of the National Enquirer.
edit on 9-8-2016 by SentientCentenarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So he was psychic and predicted his own stabbing death?

What about that 'buddy' of his that tweeted he's alive, the other day?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I hadn't even seen any reports that he was dead. I guess I have some reading to do!

Oh he has a girlfriend.... That's a shame
I just saw a recent photo of him. Haven't really done much but hear about him in recent years. He is quite handsome!

EDIT: I see that his lawyer says he is alive and well.

-Alee
edit on 8/9/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And that is the question NerdGoddess.........what is this? if the lawyer is saying he is alive, strange reports coming out that he isn't........Snowden has been out of the limelight for a while now, is this to bring him back in...or is it to just wrap his role up? "oh Snowden, he was killed in Russia, nothing more to say about that.".....I personally have always believed that he was a controlled release of information.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

I suppose the longer he goes without addressing the Interwebs the more likely he's 'gone'.

But then there's, what you just got me thinking, possibilities such as he's faking his own death. Then maybe we'd start getting reports of people seeing him at gas stations, like Elvis!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
that's what I'm curious about Ignoranceisbliss.....he has been away so long, and i'm positive that the Russians at least would know exactly where he is and what he is doing........that they could at least nix this in the bud if it weren't true......They either want to bring him back into the spot light or just put an end to his role....

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This is the only source I have seen reporting this.

Personally, I think it's bogus. If it were the case that Snowden had died, it would be all over every single news carrier on the globe.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointr97
that's what I'm curious about Ignoranceisbliss.....he has been away so long, and i'm positive that the Russians at least would know exactly where he is and what he is doing........that they could at least nix this in the bud if it weren't true......They either want to bring him back into the spot light or just put an end to his role....

Not sure what you mean by 'been away so long'? What he stole had a finite shelf life, not sure he ever had a means to go and steal some more when the mood takes him so either he has shared all he stole already, or is holding some back, presumably to maintain his usefulness to his new best friends in Russia.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

So is he dead or not?
Story of death

But he was controlled opposition anyway no?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Too much drama between those women to be taken seriously...

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nothing in The Intercept, which you figure would be the first to respond to either Snowden's death or a dead man's switch.

new topics

top topics

join