It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time travely likely information. Recon DARPA is listening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I was just thinking that if time travel ever becomes a realty that there could be messages from the future out there right now just waiting to be listened to. If I were DARPA I would set up a listening station on set frequencies. That way when they discover time travel in the future they will know what frequency we will be listening from.

Heck the first country to set this up might end up controlling the world based on knowing the future...
edit on 9-8-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Supose it depends on the whether changing the past effects our future timeline. I mean if it does then any message sent and received could potencily change the timeline in an unexpected manner thus possibly even negating the very existance of any future person or civilisation that sent the message back.

Or if our universe is one of manny(multiverse) you may possibly create an alternate timeline inexesable to the future timeline that sent the message back.

Its rather paradoxical.
edit on 9-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If I were a time traveller, and I wanted to get a message back to us, I would use the internet. I reckon changing information on the internet is probably the easiest way to get a message across, it's so eminently changeable.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If you say the messages are "just waiting to be listened to", I would guess you mean that the time travelers who sent the message want the message to be listened to. If that were the case, then why wouldn't those time traveler just use existing frequencies or communications that people are currently using?

EDIT TO ADD:
Yes...such as the internet, as Jonjonj said in his post, which he was probably writing at the same time I was writing mine.

edit on 2016-8-9 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

If you say the messages are "just waiting to be listened to", I would guess you mean that the time travelers who sent the message want the message to be listened to. If that were the case, then why wouldn't those time traveler just use existing frequencies that people are currently using?

Well if your say the USA, doing top secret science, you might not want just anyone hearing what your sending back. I suppose the first experiments would know who they were sending messages to if we determine right now who is listening. By setting up a listening station now, the guys in the future will know we did it and know what frequency and perhaps encryption to use and when to send messages to.

For instance, you would not send messages back to 1950 if no one is listening in 1950 but you might send messages back to 2016 if you know someone decided to start listening for it.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Say its possible through and at some point a future civilisation devised a means to send information back in time with the intension of influencing past events. They may be better served to target humanity a long time before the information age in which we live.

Think of the atrocities that could be prevented if they could somehow convey there message of illumination around the time of our stone age?

Think where we could be and the technological marvels humanity could have created had we the foresight to work with one another instead of against one another?
edit on 9-8-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

text messages or e mails.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I think if you have to use some sort of portal (black hole, worm hole etc...) that is might be easier to send a radio signal back than somehow start an email or text app and get a message across time. I duno?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I just got a text from someone named 'Futureguy2099' that only said:
"God Bless You".

I'm not sure why....wh...waah...whaaaaa....aaaaCHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Oh. Wait.
Never mind.

edit on 2016-8-9 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I think if you have to use some sort of portal (black hole, worm hole etc...) that is might be easier to send a radio signal back than somehow start an email or text app and get a message across time. I duno?

Well IF you use a black holes compression ability sure. its cool even data gets compressed.

top topics

join