It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Community College Advances Racial Segregation Policies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Race relations have been going backwards for years now............so what?

But really, I spent some time looking into this and I don't have a problem with it. The school has pointed out that this is much like they have orientation classes for Vetereans Only! That's because they address Veterans issues of no interest to anyone else. They have seperate orientation classes for Foreign exchange students.

I don't see this as any big deal.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I guess the black kids today don`t know that seperate but equal was already tried and their grandparents didn`t like it and fought against it, but if they want to go back to that who am i to argue.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
anyone bothered fact checking this?

Moraine Valley Community College will stop offering sections of orientation course restricted to specific racial groups.

maybe the daily caller should have.

Margarent Lehner
lol

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
anyone bothered fact checking this?

Moraine Valley Community College will stop offering sections of orientation course restricted to specific racial groups.

maybe the daily caller should have.

Margarent Lehner
lol

They just dropped it as a result of the news swirling around about this. So what was there to fact check when I posted this?

So, we can claim victory now, or can we? What exactly does this mean?

The school will continue offering courses geared toward promoting "the success of special populations," but has relented under pressure and agreed to stop singling out specific races.

edit on 9-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
Funny how some segments of the population are actively trying to reintroduce segregation.

And using the battle cry of diversity at that. I can't believe they used the separate but equal claim.......

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Back in the day, "separate but equal" was a lie, and everybody knew it. It was 100% separate and 100% factually unequal.

"Separate but equal" was a tendentious excuse phrase used by segregationist bigots.
edit on 9-8-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm about ready to give up. It's like all the progress that's been made has started disintegrating these past few years. The PTB are winning.

We're in the end game folks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join