It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've had enough of my parents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
...but it was not until my 30's when I embarrassingly realized the error of my own illusions of grandeur.

Same, I was somewhere around that age when I came to the rather profound conclusion that my mother was right regarding just about everything.

I made a point of telling her.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 8-8-2016 by Nickn3 because: Double post

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
It may seem like I'm whining.

I will give you one guess why it may seem like you're whining.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I get the feeling your age puts you in a minority around here ... Meaning the majority of us have wisened up and like above poster say turns out mom was right about everything.

You should be feeling better now because all of us are basically saying "yea that's normal suck it up butter cup or gtfo up to you"

Or find a forum for teens that will relate to you , cause I think most members here "been there done that"

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

How old are you?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I'm talking about about my hobbies and scientific facts.. Think before you talk.

Hey bud.. Use that energy and rage to prove them wrong. Though, don't forget that if they prove you wrong at some point in life, own up to it. But use it as a tool to make something great. It's fuel for fire. Let it be your motivation for good things... not bad choices.

Trust me.. I feel ya. I had a VERY overprotective mom who was always depressed and we as children had to carry it. If you let it, it will make you who you will be. If you don't, it will make you who you will be
Let your own heart be your guide and just learn. Someday even their moods will be a learning factor in your life. You'll understand how not to be or you'll understand someone elses situation in trying times.

Everything is a learning experience. Just keep it, don't let it get to you, and use it should it ever be needed but for good, not bad. Life goes by so quickly. It just seems so long right now. Later on in life, days will go by so fast and you'll wish for that youth and even those trying times.

Build a mental block and block out the anger and the aggression towards you. Just don't build it too strong because one day it has to come down when you do move out. Such is life bro. Remember... some have had it a HELL of a lot worse than you and survived to be great. People in the worst situations used it to succeed in fantastic things.

One more thing... You're being yelled at. Not beaten or whipped or worse! But I get you. Just hang in there. It will be ok. Promise.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Sahabi
Dude. I've studied aircraft, birds, insects, satellites, animals, mathematics, scientific facts, computers and programming for so long.

I've studied aircraft and satellites for over 5 years.

Good for you!
Get one more year under your belt and I just know you'll be a shoe-in for the next Nobel

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know it may seem like I'm whining. Stop with the negativity. I'm trying to vent. I appreciate what my parents have done for me. But today and last night was enough. I get it. You all hate me for what I've said. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for what I've said. I was trying to vent out my feelings. Forgive me. I didn't mean to upset you.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi
How would I get the nobel?

I'm not doing anything "ground breaking". I'm just another nerd. Don't be a smartass. It's not good for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You may want to try this forum:

Virtualteen.org.

The people there will be more in your age group and most likely sharing similar experiences.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Congratulations to all of you who have wised up.
Here's a medal:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No. My problems are not too intense. I just need to calm down.

Do you forgive me for acting like an annoying brat?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No offence kid, but you've got teenager problems. Everyone's (well, almost) been there.

Just suck it up, save up and move out.

Then come back with grown up problems (rent, bills, life).

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Do you forgive me for acting like an annoying brat?

Frankly, I do not care how you act. You are not my child and I have my own real world challenges that I need to deal with. I think you need to have that conversation with your parents.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
I know that. My dad told me it happened to him. Hormones, correct?

Now I want to give all of you whom I have clearly ticked off an apology. Do you accept it?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the replies, so I'm sure this may have already been said.

I'm guessing you're not old enough to move out or haven't got the funds necessary to do so. Just let it go. Find things to do outside of the home that lessen the time you must be there. Try to do something nice with your parents. Try to get to know them. Understand that they have their own issues and stresses that may have nothing to do with you. Just love them the best you can. My Mom died on July 22. During her life, she drove me insane at times. Our personalities were completely different. Now, I would give nearly anything to hear her voice again. Because I didn't spend the time with her that I should have, the guilt is overwhelming and eating me alive every single day now.

Whatever the issues are at home, this time will pass. Try to make something good come from it.

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Then come back with grown up problems (rent, bills, life).

Space alien butt probings.

(This is a conspiracy suite after all)

link   
So are we good? Friends?

link   
As I read your intro op. I looked back at my parents.....I wish they were still here for me to dislike. Hate is a damn powerful word. If I was your parent & you said that to me....I would slap the taste right the hell out your mouth....then send your whiny little ass to packing...via the shoeleather express.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama
I will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join