It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Denial: Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is a tangent from another thread.......but I am taking the podium for a sec.....

I want to ask everyone on here who denies Climate Change this question, so here goes:

May I ask the reason that you are resisting the idea of Climate Change? Why must you denounce and deny it?
Do you just not give a rip????

What...please - I think you all are just about some sort of "the money" thing.

But - the Earth is being raped. There is no question about that. Alternative energy sources and methods are huge potentials - my daughter is a Materials Science Engineer. The Millennials are ready to take this on. Solar has been in the wings since forever - back in the 70s we had environmental movements, you know.

The Millennials are our children - we raised them to be environmentally conscious.
Mother Earth News was our guide. Also, the [Old]Farmer's Almanac .

We even did things like de-tassle corn from the ground, with bandanas wrapped around our faces and drenched in dew with corn stalks towering above us and grabbing at our sleeves. THAT was hard work. I think every American kid should have to do that at some point in their lives. Swimming lessons, also. And other basic skills and experiences.

I can understand if some people were never exposed to that - never went camping, never visited a National Park, never threw hay or midwifed a horse's birth - never did any of that "outdoor" stuff.

If that is you, I'm deeply sorry you were deprived of that background, but that doesn't change the facts! Just because the class is above your head doesn't mean the subject being taught is "wrong."

Just because your upbringing didn't provide you with knowledge about how it all works does not mean that it doesn't. You are denying basic civilization data. But you don't have to. You can learn what's all about the windmills all over western Kansas and eastern Colorado. You can learn about the square miles of solar panels that exist around the world.

You can catch up - and do it!!!
Just try!!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Is rising sea levels going to make any difference after the elite make their nuclear war wet dream become reality ?

Anyway, the sea has still got at least 100ft to rise yet before it even reaches the same level it was at during the last ice sheet melt-off 10,000 years ago.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Climate is everchanging. Climate change is real only in the sense that our earth, solar system, and the rest of creation is alive as much as you or I. The social narrative that is "denied" is that humans are behind climate change. Humans at most have the ability to manipulate weather on the short term, such as manipulating high/low pressure bubbles, controlling the jet stream, and seeding/destroying precipitation. The notion that mankind is behind climate change is false and cannot be proven.

The powers that be will use their ability to control weather on the short term to manipulate public opinion, just as you seem to believe mankind is behind climate change.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Weather stations have been moved into cities where heat islands create false data. watching a baby for a week doesn't give you any idea of how they are going to turn out.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don't deny that the climate is changing, I also avoid getting involved in those threads, but I do think that the idea of climate change being solely the fault of humanity takes an incredibly narrow view of the possibilities, whilst also enabling those in power to just basically take more and more and more from the environment whilst denying/buying, from those without, the right to do the same.

This whole carbon emissions being sold to the powerful countries to the detriment of developing nations, have you actually thought about that?

Emissions trading

Yep, a Market Based approach to saving the planet, you heard it here first folks.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Humans at most have the ability to manipulate weather on the short term, such as manipulating high/low pressure bubbles, controlling the jet stream, and seeding/destroying precipitation. The notion that mankind is behind climate change is false and cannot be proven.

The powers that be will use their ability to control weather on the short term to manipulate public opinion, just as you seem to believe mankind is behind climate change.

The short term is really all we have, sir.

The long term is what we need to think about.

We Do Not Inherit the Earth from Our Ancestors; We Borrow It from Our Children.

For whatever reason - there is NO QUESTION that we can do things to mitigate the damage. To abate the scourge.
Whether or not it's caused by "human activity" really as little to do with the horrors that are real.

Like: what about this stuff?
I'm glad that the coral reefs are okay.
I'm sad that sea turtles have security sentinels so they can lay their eggs on the beaches of Barbados and leave them....

ever read Horton Hatches The Egg?

I'll be really happy when it turns out that bees aren't dying and monarch butterflies still exist, and that farmlands are no longer barren....

when the Ganges river is clean, and the Missouri river too! When Toxic Algae isn't poisoning the shore of Florida, and birds aren't covered in oil.....
Those things, see, they aren't okay. Coral reefs are just one less victim. Thank God.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Why is there such a drive for people to accept man made climate change?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have lived in the Kansas City area for most of my life.....the weather has changed. The storms are far more severe - we never had "microbursts" before. We didn't have early October ice storms that shut the city down. Rain didn't used to blow uphill. It is different.

And whether or not it is a blip or a permanent reality, our energy bills are astronomical whenever there's a protracted heat wave or an unprecendented deep freeze or a flood of 1993 that wipes out entire villages.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Because no matter how good your intentions are personally with wanting stop the "rape" of the earth - you won't be the one behind how anything happens to save it. The ones who are behind it will use your good will and intentions to drive their policy which will most likely involve taxing people for existing.

If anything you should be more mad that people are hijacking your cause and turning it into a money making scheme under the guise of being on your side.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So, everyone - can you answer the question "Why?" from the title in one word?
Six words or less?

That would expedite and facilitate the thread's resolution.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Weather stations have been moved into cities where heat islands create false data. watching a baby for a week doesn't give you any idea of how they are going to turn out.

Prove your claim.

SOURCE good read
And Btw. huge cities are individually changing the climate locally, so weather stations are obviously placed there to monitor the city climate, but show me that these station are used to create false data.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm not one to be used

6 words

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why don't people simply do what needs to be done to save the planet.

Unless you need my help.

But in reality, you all should just save the earth without me. That way I don't get invited to the "I saved the earth, After Party".

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The thread went from "why is climate change denied"

to

"we should mitigate planetary waste/damage as we expand and grow as humankind"

I agree with the viewpoint that we can and should mitigate damage, but bringing 'climate change' into the argument is not necessary.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Because no matter how good your intentions are personally with wanting stop the "rape" of the earth - you won't be the one behind how anything happens to save it.

On the contrary. I had a little girl. She went to school. She is now grown, and is a Materials Science Engineer. So is her Fiance. They graduated from Northwestern University's school of Engineering.

She is working for St Gobain. She spent grad school in a lab working with hydrogen cells and ceramics development. Now she's the expert on smart glass.

You know why? BECAUSE I TAUGHT HER TO CARE. So - I'm not the one behind it?
Are you sure?

Piss off.
edit on 8/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

The title is Climate Change Denial: Why?

I would prefer one word answers, or up to six words. Thanks.
Like having the class introduce themselves, ya know.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Oh, okay - so, no matter what, I won't have had anything to do with it...that's your final answer?

Because, yes, I did have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You won't create any policies when it's implemented - so no your not involved with it on the big scale - you can microscope it down and say your daughter is helping and thats great - it sounds like what she does is amazing.

I can say I recycled some cans last week but that doesn't mean I'm involved in the policy creating procedure that would come into effect if you're going to start taxing people for their carbon emissions.

+3 more 
link   

It's kind of sad. Most who are militant AGWers have no clue what the other side thinks, they just know that since they don't believe 100% of what is said by some, they must be labeled "denier!".

The Earth is warming and having strange weather. It has also done those very same things in the past. I get that it's happening much faster now, but it's still something that a lot of us feel we just don't know enough about just yet. Some of us just aren't ready to believe that in 100 years, mankind was able to set a path of destruction for an entire planet.

Having said that, what does it matter if some folks don't think like you do? can we still work toward an alternative fuel source? Can we still not work on cleaning up the messes we've made? None of that depends on a blind following of drones holding trash bags and hugging trees. It takes some good ideas to get started. So far, we have solar and wind power ideas that, while a step in the right direction, aren't financially ready for prime time. We haven't found an alternative way to moving a family of 4 across the US without burning something.

If all the energy that was spent trying to get everyone to buy into AGW was spent trying to get those same outdoor type folks to do something meaningful for the environment without threatening them with the AGW stick, you might see a huge shift in attitude. Your message might be 100% right, but if your delivery sucks, everyone will tend to ignore you. Right now, with the way "the government" has stepped in and mandated "the science is settled" on a topic we know less than 2% about, it kind of turned off quite a few folks. (2% figure was pulled right out of the crack of my backside)

If you just want to be right, then super, you are. Enjoy that. But if you really really care and want change to happen, start asking AND LISTENING to those you think don't care. (IMHO)
edit on 8-8-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
So, everyone - can you answer the question "Why?" from the title in one word?
Six words or less?

That would expedite and facilitate the thread's resolution.

A lack of non-market-driven, unbiased evidence (for the anthropogenic argument of climate change).

*non-market-driven is my version of a compound noun so counts as one word. Words in brackets don't count!

6 words.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join