It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Interface Between Science and God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is an excellent series on YouTube. The first video in particular gives a rational explanation as to how a scientist can believe in a God and still pursue science objectively. This is a "must watch" for those who are stuck-in-the-mud on this issue.

edit on 8-8-2016 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Video 2 Why There's Most Likely No God

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Video 3 Where Did God Come From?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Video 4 Atheists vs Theists

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Video 5: Religious Violence

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423
Video 5: Religious Violence

How about a video on the hundred plus million lives taken by the teachings based on Darwin, how they caused the Jewish genocide, how they teach people humans are animals, evolved at different rates, that other colours and cultures are more or less evolved animals.
How Japan's emperor taught that because Japanese sweated less, had less hair, they were more evolved, killing white people was cleaning up the gene pool.
Hitler and his chosen races, better than others
Religious violence, non religious violence, are you suggesting religious violence is worse.

I want to know why we have an atheist playing apologist foe religion when he would be better explaining atheists issues
edit on 8-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Find that video and post it, or make one yourself perhaps.

In the meantime, perhaps watch the videos posted with an open mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
How about a video on the hundred plus million lives taken by the teachings based on Darwin, how they caused the Jewish genocide, how they teach people humans are animals, evolved at different rates, that other colours and cultures are more or less evolved animals.

“I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty
Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.”

[Adolph Hitler, Speech, Reichstag, 1936]

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Big difference between organized religion and spirituality. Religion is a club like any other. It has a club house, membership, club meetings, dues, a president and officers.

On the other hand everyone already belongs to the spirit world. Each of us has a soul, a conduit or antenna straight to the source of all things wise and spiritual.

The kingdom of heaven is within, not outside. The body is the temple, not some building. You worship in your soul not some 'place of worship'. You pray within your heart not with some recitation by others. Gods wisdom is revealed in your heart, not by people, places and things.
edit on 8-8-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You poor thing. Poor deluded, non-thinking theist.

Religion and money are the main human problems. We can't do away with money.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

How about a video on the hundred plus million lives taken by the teachings based on Darwin,

I and others have asked for evidence of your statement. To date, you haven't provided any. Please provide some verified statistic that demonstrates that Darwin's teaching has cost 100M+ lives.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I have shown plenty in the past

Why not try google, it's your friend

stalin, PolPot, Mao, all atheists, all killed millions and millions and millions, over a hundred million in the last century
Of course you will deny it, just as I would deny hitler was a christian, petty isn't it

The guy in the video is right, I agree with him, I doubt you watched it, anyone had around here

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Wow, he said that, I will take it on face value as the truth, we know he was a honest and sincere man, reliable for his word ( we won't attack France, Poland, Russia, won't build an Air Force, tanks or an army) who had a Godly agenda, always told the truth, never lied, never killed millions, never...what's the point

Common sense, not so common, evidently.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What's the point?
I guess it's just pointing out your unwillingness to be honest.

That's all.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Phantom423

I have shown plenty in the past

Why not try google, it's your friend

stalin, PolPot, Mao, all atheists, all killed millions and millions and millions, over a hundred million in the last century
Of course you will deny it, just as I would deny hitler was a christian, petty isn't it

The guy in the video is right, I agree with him, I doubt you watched it, anyone had around here

I did, in fact, Google it. There's nothing concerning 100M+ killed by Darwin's theory. Please provide links.

I didn't know that PolPot, Mao and Hitler were an avid evolutionists.

Again, please provide legitimate links which substantiate your statements.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I feel like the videos abbreviate too much information.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The honest questions to ask next is, 'Who is his Almighty Creator?", "Who is his Lord?".
Are you inferring that he's talking about the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I did, in fact, Google it. There's nothing concerning 100M+ killed by Darwin's theory. Please provide links.

It's not that he's arguing that 100M+ were killed in the name of Darwin's theory (I could be wrong maybe he is)
It's that the worldview that Darwin proposes, that the Universe, as well as human persons, is a by-product of time+chance acting upon matter leads to an entirely subjective view of existence.

This view of the world, where there is no objective moral values and duties, no innate value given to human persons, can lead to situations(has led to situations) where 'might makes right' and governments and tyrants have executed that worldview to it's logical end. Mass genocide of valueless talking animals. In that worldview Governments take the place of the transcendent and are the arbiters of 'right' and 'wrong' which, as history has shown, can be quite detrimental to human beings on the short end of that stick.

Unless there is some sort of objective code to differentiate between right and wrong, we have no business looking back on history and claiming what they did was evil or good or whatever. It just was.
edit on 8-8-2016 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

It's not that he's arguing that 100M+ were killed in the name of Darwin's theory (I could be wrong maybe he is)
It's that the worldview that Darwin proposes, that the Universe, as well as human persons, is a by-product of time+chance acting upon matter leads to an entirely subjective view of existence.

This view of the world, where there is no objective moral values and duties, no innate value given to human persons, can lead to situations(has led to situations) where 'might makes right' and governments and tyrants have executed that worldview to it's logical end. Mass genocide of valueless talking animals. In that worldview Governments take the place of the transcendent and are the arbiters of 'right' and 'wrong' which, as history has shown, can be quite detrimental to human beings on the short end of that stick.

Unless there is some sort of objective code to differentiate between right and wrong, we have so business looking back on history and claiming what they did was evil or good or whatever. It just was.

because all of that will totally matter when we become fossil fuel for the next 'latest and greatest' in the evolution game. take a look through the hubble telescope and tell us again about how our morals and uniqueness impact the rest of the cosmos.
edit on 8-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

because all of that will totally matter when we become fossil fuel for the next 'latest and greatest' in the evolution game. take a look through the hubble telescope and tell us again about how our morals and uniqueness impact the rest of the cosmos.

I means this respectfully, but you just said a whole bunch of nothing.
It was a presupposition followed by a straw man argument.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join