It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitches and Sad Ladies -- the thinking thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Bitches and Sad Ladies - The thinking Thread.

if you have a story about a bitchy woman, or a sad lady, please write it and post it.

Yes, because the male-dominated, misogynistic world of the internet needs more of this.
Love your posts, hate this idea.

If Forrest Gump was a woman, would he be a bitch, or a sad lady?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I fooled around with this:

Karen remembered the time the man she loved most in the world, pulled her up on his lap, and whispered "You must never tell anyone, but of my six grandchildren, you are the only one I truly love. You are my favorite". She threw her arms around his neck, smiling with joy. "I love you the most too, papa".

As an adult standing in a hotel room in Singapore, a place she came with him, her husband, because he had work there. A place she didn't want to be.

She stood stunned as she heard the man she cared about most in the world say to her "Getting to know you so thoroughly and completely has caused me to despise women. I see women now, and I wonder if they are like you. I will never take that chance again".

Karen ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind her. She wanted to be alone. To think. She sat on the bench inside the shower stall, and cried. She listened for the hotel room door to slam or shut. It didn't.

Strong or weak? I don't know. I can't finish it.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'd like some feedback on the little story I wrote above. Seriously, I think I'm looking for clarification.

Suppose Karan comes out of the bathroom, and says she admits she's made mistakes. She wants to change. She wants the marriage to work. She will, by God, change for him!

Does that make her weak or strong?

OR, suppose she comes out, calls a cab and gets on an airplane, headed straight to her lawyer's office in the states.

seriously, not trying to wax all philosophical here, but I really want to know what you think.

help me please

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

If Forrest Gump was a woman, would he be a bitch, or a sad lady?

Neither one. To outside observers he was a rich chump. To himself he was himself, neither needy nor imposing upon others.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

OR, suppose she comes out, calls a cab and gets on an airplane, headed straight to her lawyer's office in the states.

She should know the reason. The reason being, upon self reflection, that she has not changed in very significant manners from the grandpa's favorite. Through judgment she should realize that the grandpa's view of life is to be preferred over that of her husband. Then she calls the cab.

That's if your character's profiles match the way I interpret your characters. My assumptions could be off.

Bottom line: Your characters, your story. They are at your mercy. Well, unless they fight you of course.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

She calls a cab. And then, she wonders if she did the right thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm more like a large cat than a dog I don't like bitching or fighting with others, I mind my own business. If someone pokes and can't mind their business, when I don't have any with them? They'll get some claws and not in a I'll scratch your eyes out way... they will be ignored and cease to exist in a; *poof be gone* life isn't that hard so stop trying to make it that way for people sort of thing.

If someone is real with me I'm real right back with them, if they want to play games and nonsense IRL? Keep the fiction to books and film is my philosophy.

edit on 11-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. the wine is making me a lil blase about writing

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Baby strikes me as more of the Jenny type rather than the Forrest Gump type. Forrest ran temporarily because of one and only one woman not staying. Jenny ran to any man as a way of life because of one abuser. World of difference.

I looked it up in Wikipedia, the movie(which I saw) was a big departure from the book(which I didn't read).

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yay Poly Monogamy, or Bi Monogamy 6 years apart.

2 guesses on their names
, no need to answer.

It's as if Neil Diamond was

I should have listened as a child when I was told, "Don't listen to that evil radio, it will ruin your life!"

Just kidding, music rocks!

if they want to play games and nonsense IRL? Keep the fiction to books and film is my philosophy.

Some people can't help it. See: Fantasy prone personality

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I embraced my feminine side of empathy by not bottling emotions... of course swinging all of that into balance whew takes quite awhile. Everything improves though tastes, sights, sounds... and tranquility the peace of mind.

This is how I feel about my feminine side that no one can ever rob or take away from me any longer because she's not out there somewhere to act like some rabid animal over thinking someone can take that energy away or that it wasn't ever in me just taught to bottle it up, push it down, suck it up and lol that that is what being a man is about. I handle my business to the best of my ability no matter what adversity in a legal way. I've always been attracted to strong women because it was that reflection of what I seemed to be missing out of myself that made me feel clingy and insecure.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Very good view in that song.

This is how I feel about my feminine side that no one can ever rob or take away from me any longer because she's not out there somewhere

Here you go.
Orphans
Just don't let on that you know the secret meaning.

edit on 11-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

seriously, not trying to wax all philosophical here, but I really want to know what you think.

She "loved" her grandfather but she only "cares" for the husband. Your narrative suggests a lovelessness on both sides. His statement is hollow and cold, overly poised, she is immediately passive, the wounded victim. Strong, in my opinion, would be confronting what he is saying to her. Heading to the lawyer, ie finding an intermediary who will deal with the problem for her, is the easy option and for me, weakness.

I would have her stay in the bathroom. Stream of consciousness inner monologue as she watches herself in the mirror, cleaning her face of make up, shedding her illusions, baring herself to herself.

This springs to mind, in reverse.

That'd be my inclination. From a reader's perspective, she needs to show me that she is a character, she needs to show she has a character. Show me how ugly she is or was prepared to be to be who she is. What shaped her? Why did he say what he said to her? Is he right to say it? Or does he not even know her and why she is who she is? I would have her determine herself and who she is before she leaves the bathroom and does anything else.

Have you ever seen any of Alan Bennett's work? Very different genre, and women, but he wrote great female monologues for brilliant actresses. It's that dynamic that makes it dynamically fleshy.

I like your thread idea,but school holidays and work, I am busy and free time is sparse, but I have a couple of poems that I think might work with the theme particularly in terms of transistioning between both sad and bitch, back again, then repeat and rinse. I will dig then out and pop back later.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I put up the thread, and here is my little effort

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nine flags on this thread, so I hope to read at least nine short stories! Have fun with it!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I have a couple of poems that I think might work with the theme particularly in terms of transistioning between both sad and bitch, back again, then repeat and rinse. I will dig then out and pop back later.

Don't we all transition back and forth? I know I do, and yes, rinse and repeat. Life.
I hope you share something with us, Anaana.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

But... wouldn't NOT putting that up, because of your fear and insecurity concerning being the only one doing it,
be "a sad lady"? Wouldn't a bitch do it regrdless of how others would respond, because she wants to do it, period?

Not sure I agree with your assessment of the thinking thread, it is, afterall about short stories, probably mostly fiction. In any case, I have never particularly aspired to be a bitch, or a sad lady for that matter, but suspect I have been both in the past, and will be both again in the future.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I'll be over in a bit. 3 or 4 hours?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Whenever you're ready! I will be sleeping by then, but I hope to see you in the morning over coffee. : )

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to make a judgement about you individually, I just found myself trying to analyse the concepts presented and figure out what kinds of actions might be considered "Sad lady" and "bitch" . I suppose that in each act it is the internal motivations that are the determining factor?
But whatever, I need speed bumps between my brainstorming processes and my words.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

No problem!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

Bitches and Sad Ladies - The thinking Thread.

if you have a story about a bitchy woman, or a sad lady, please write it and post it.

Yes, because the male-dominated, misogynistic world of the internet needs more of this.
Love your posts, hate this idea.

I had a similar thought when I first saw this thread. Then I thought about it, and I realized that it's just about writing fiction, so it's harmless.

With that said, the two threads on this topic have a unique trainwreck quality. I want to look away, but I can't.
edit on 17-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join