It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm betting it will be the "U.S. President _____________ Effect"...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: gillyp17
The Mandela effect seems to be a popular subject, and I was wondering if it could have its own forum,

The hoax forum would be the best place for the ME threads!
Just try to edit a post after 121 minutes, and you get a message that your 4 hour window to edit your post has expired. So if this version of ATS appears to have been made in a parallel universe where there's only 30 minutes per hour, and slipped into our universe where there are 60 minutes per hour. That's not a hoax, it really tells you that your 4 hours are up after 120 minutes!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gillyp17

Hey why the hell not, right? I mean 2012 got one, and the Mandela Effect is the new 2012!

I can only imagine the amount of fun the mods and SO could have with a Mandela Effect forum, dudes seriously!!!

I mean of course not, no fun at all, serious moderating and that...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Why would it be bad to moderate?

I mean only believers would be posting there right, since you guys obviously hate the theory so much and are calling for an exclusive forum so that you won't be exposed to those pesky ME threads anymore. Right?

So why would it be a problematic forum for the mods?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Why would it be bad to moderate?

I mean only believers would be posting there right, since you guys obviously hate the theory so much and are calling for an exclusive forum so that you won't be exposed to those pesky ME threads anymore. Right?

So why would it be a problematic forum for the mods?

I didn't say bad or problematic, I said fun...unless fun now means bad or problematic...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Really guy.....

This is what you said,

NO fun at all. SERIOUS moderating.

If you have no intellectually honest or even valid response it is better not to respond at all.
edit on 8-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

NO fun at all. SERIOUS moderating. If you have no intellectually honest or even valid response it is better not to respond at all.

That was the sarcastic bit, you don't get sarcasm, do you?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sure, you are just trying to weasel your way out of a dumb comment, which only seems fitting.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Carry on, you have been a busy little bee.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That was the sarcastic bit, you don't get sarcasm, do you? Text

Do you even get your own sarcasm? You were being sarcastic when you said this,

I can only imagine the amount of fun the mods and SO could have with a Mandela Effect forum

You weren't being sarcastic when you said this,

Duhduh duh derp!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

That was the sarcastic bit, you don't get sarcasm, do you? Text

Do you even get your own sarcasm? You were being sarcastic when you said this,

I can only imagine the amount of fun the mods and SO could have with a Mandela Effect forum

You weren't being sarcastic when you said this,

Duhduh duh derp!

Well this is like explaining to an idiot child but I have some spare time so here goes, follow me here, ok?

I said this because of all forums, OF ALL FORUMS in which a moderator could, if they wanted to, have fun a Mandela Effect thread would be the absolute maximum. Change dates? No problem. Change information? Why not?

I said this because it was a tongue in cheek and sarcastic reference to the fact that ATSers think the mods already DO change stuff!

You really REALLY need to stop thinking that your interpretations of people's comments are what YOU THINK THEY ARE.

SMH

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Just try to edit a post after 121 minutes, and you get a message that your 4 hour window to edit your post has expired. So if this version of ATS appears to have been made in a parallel universe where there's only 30 minutes per hour, and slipped into our universe where there are 60 minutes per hour. That's not a hoax, it really tells you that your 4 hours are up after 120 minutes!

Do not be alarmed!

Thanks to the special high-performance relativistic electrons used to transmit data to and from the ATS data center, that's perfectly normal.

Science!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

was that from Twisted Metal or street fighter?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
Do not be alarmed!

Thanks to the special high-performance relativistic electrons used to transmit data to and from the ATS data center, that's perfectly normal.

Science!
Hey if I was aging half as fast as the ATS data center thanks to the relativistic electrons that would be great, but somehow I don't think that's the way the math works. Maybe there is a more mundane explanation than the Mandela effect though, but that was my best shot at coming up with an example of the Mandela effect that's not a hoax.

edit on 201688 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Alas, the Law of Irony supersedes all other laws of the universe.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You really REALLY need to stop thinking that your interpretations of people's comments are what YOU THINK THEY ARE.

I don't think anyone could interprete your post the way you meant it since you are refering to some vague concept which you assume is apparent to readers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join