It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a taboo topics forum?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

err no. ATS was designed to be "work safe" but not family friendly. Part of the concern of disgruntled members is too much effort to go into a family friendly style.

But I swear years ago there actually was a forum called taboo topics or something like that, when there were not as many forums.

a reply to: tigertatzen
haha, yes I was wondering what happened with that thread. I was starting to have fun with it playing online confession.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Err no.

Ask a staff member or owner and they will say it has a family friendly standard.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Just like any news site, if you can read about the brutal murder of innocent people, and then see a video of it, that is not family friendly. The staff and founder themselves can call it family friendly all they want, it is not true or even remotely close. It is at best "work safe" .

A family friendly site would not host material on war, transgender propaganda, or open discussion on abortions.
So if ANYONE believes this site could earn a family friendly designation from any ratings agency, they would be deluding themselves.

Minors should not be permitted access to the internet anyways until they are 16 years of age, or there should be a separate internet portal that would default block the normal internet that does not have an official "family friendly" rating or "education/research" designation.

But if you think open calls for promoting the sexualization of confused minors, or discussions on proper warfare tactics , regular topics here, are a family friendly standard, well I suppose you are entitled to embrace a lie.

The "family friendly" standard is a mislabeled approach to how they expect members to behave towards each other during discussion. There is very little content in relation to the rest here that has any value or appropriateness to a family standard.

But I enjoy my taboo topics. We can always just keep them posted to our walls.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Profusion

What exactly constitutes a "taboo" topic?
Anti gravity for one

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

How and why would Anti-Gravity be taboo?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

maybe its the things we do while in anti-grav that could be taboo

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Nochzwei

How and why would Anti-Gravity be taboo?
weaponization potential is enormous

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If taboo topics are taboo...as in against the TAC... they are removed to the Trash Forum.
I cannot foresee a situation where a topic that runs afoul of the TAC would be allowed.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Thread closed.

edit on Tue Aug 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join