It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rio 2016 Olympics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Wow she is in tremendous shape, and what skill! Very cool you are friends. I am trying to find the game on the TV, what time does it start 8 am?

~meathead

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

9am eastern US (MSNBC)

I can't watch it so hopefully someone does lol

Linky

In its second game of pool play, Team USA will take on another tough opponent in No. 3 world-ranked Australia.

These two teams last met in the 2016 Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy. With a bronze medal at stake, the U.S. took Australia down to the wire in a 2-2 tie at the end of regulation. Team USA pulled off a victory in the shootout. Goalkeeper Jackie Briggs came up with huge stops, allowing Melissa Gonzalez to seal the win with her goal.

No Way...

Aussie team called..

"Hockeyroos"

hehe

www.instagram.com...

edit on 8-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I know I've said this three times but can't hold back

Sailing!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Two more days until she does her grouping race.

For NON-family sports...Equestrian (I've been riding for years and competed when I was a teenager), Track and Field, Gymnastics, and Archery

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

NICE

hell yea!

I know the feeling haha.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Us women up 1-0 vs Australia field hockey at halftime.

I don't get the channel they are broadcasting full picture,so I have to squint at the 6 sports they are picture in picturing simultaneously on channel 205..makes it difficult to watch but still a great game.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

ahhh

Thank You

gawd I love this..

btw if people havn't watched field hockey before.. Let's just say I would be scared to play. I've seen some injuries. Like people getting hit in the head or even just the knees with those wooden... "clubs?" they're pretty solid haha.

watching girls run head first into battle can change your perspective on life..

Michelle is like half pitbull though.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Equestrian competition is on the USA network right now, channel 242 for those with directtv.

Field hockey update 2-1 us leading in the third quarter.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

United states wins 2-1, what a fantastic performance by the U.S. Goalkeeper.

Australia ate alot of penalties, I think it played a huge part in Their loss.

Great game!

~meathead

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

YES!!!

Much appreciated.

Sorry to all the "ROCKs" (inside joke) It's my new name for Aussie girls though. Makes even more sense for a field hockey team called the Hockeyroos.. That's just too perfect.. "Rarely Observed Crazy Kangaroos"

hahaha

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I run the stream through my computer. Don't want to miss a second of eventing

Three-day is what I used to do when I competed....NOTHING even remotely as advanced at this. I was A-level at best....these people are Olympians.

My old horse would have Cantered, then trot, then walked to the first jump, stopped, looked back at me and said, "you want me to do what now?"

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The U.S Men's Gymnastics team need to be tested, for an overdose of testosterone. The way they are whooping and pulling their own. Right in front of the Chinese team, I should add.
edit on 8/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If nothing else, Rio2016 will always be remembered as the 'quiet games'.

Stadia and events with very very poor attendance.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

thats ok, we will have attendance here.

Anyone watching anything?
What Olympians are you guys following?
Any updates?

I'm stuck on basketball and field hockey but I can't watch unless I'm not at my house lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So excited for women's all around gymnastics tonight!!! They are going to annihilate the competition!!

Also stoked that Lily King won gold in the 100M breaststroke last night, beating Russian Yulia Efimova! Love her for not being afraid to speak her mind and calling Yulia out for prior doping.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The United States women’s field hockey team continued its emergence as a potential darling of the Rio Olympics on Wednesday afternoon with a resounding 6-1 win over Japan.

The Americans are currently on a tear through pool play that is as unlikely as it is impressive. They entered these Games ranked No. 5 in the world, but pulled off upsets over No. 2 Argentina and No. 3 Australia to emerge as medal contenders this week.

The only question was whether the U.S. team would overtake the British, who are also 3-0 in pool play, and move into first place in the Pool B standings. After Japan scored its first goal to draw to within 4-1, American Katie Bam completed her hat trick with a goal for the highlight reel. Once teammate Kathleen Sharkey added another insurance goal two minutes later, the Americans had the five-goal difference they needed to ascend to the top spot.

The United States is slated to face Great Britain in a battle of unbeatens Saturday afternoon in Rio.

www.washingtonpost.com... lay/

Heck yea..

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
As of today, my cousin is in third place overall going into the preliminary races.

She'll be back under sail today so we are hoping she can improve or hold her standing

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
2 Golds for Team GB in the rowing today.

Possibly more to come tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Nice

USA Women's Field Hockey plays Great Britain on Saturday. If I'm not mistaken they are both undefeated. And I think they are both already moving into the quarter finals.

My facebook is becoming filled with yearbook pictures from our highschool team. Michelle Kasold jersey number 1. Haha. Actually the highschool is in the same town as UNC. 5 of the other players played Field hockey at UNC. It's basically a team of my hometown.

Nostalgia is hitting hard.

USA vs India wins 3-0 in 4th match

I'm feeling a gold. Hehe.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
U.S. Women's soccer team just got knocked out in penalty shoot out vs Sweden.

Hope Solo tried a stall tactic,before the final penalty..it didn't work, and as a Long time fan ,i found it in poor taste and bad sportsmanship.

The Swedish goalkeeper on the other hand has definitely earned my new found respect..

Also interesting to note, is just prior to the shoot out all the Swedish players were encouraging there goalkeeper and trying to psyche her up...cut scene to hope solo standing alone off to the side with No team encouragement...

Kind of an inside glimpse into the inner social dynamic of this years team..

~meathead

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
The basketball competition..

Wow what a joke,

The us national team is so overpowered ,men's and women's team both..

It's like watching the Harlem globetrotters play your local Y.M.C.A. League champions.

The Aussies where dominating the US for the majority of the game the other night. I mean, they obviously got us by 10 points in the end, but still, we put up a good fight and I think proved the US can be beaten.

Hopefully its a Aussies vs US gold metal match in the Basketball, then I guess we'll see what happens...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join