It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pareidolia or ancient aliens? Are there hidden pictures in binary numbers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is so interesting and I learned a new word, pareidolia. Thanks. My first thought, was the patterns looks like rockets. But, I can't see, tiny details.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i see 2-3 swaglords in there.. possible they were hardcoded into our very existance.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Faces are generally Symmetrical, these images are symmetrical, your evolved brain looks for patterns in everything.
I know you know this but I thought it'd be worth repeating.
So yes pareidolia.

ALL THAT SAID

I loved this, the images and explanation was great and thanks for the link to Wolfram mathworld, i'll be sure to check it out.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Just straight and simple counting in order while using a binary visual representation will yield a distinctive fractal. (One of the reasons why I think METI should try using multiband with a binary count repeater, super obvious if you look for it and nature doesn't quite do this one on it's own.) If you were to mirror it, I'm sure you'd find some paredolia things in there too.

One of the other things I think is interesting is relationships between irrational numbers. Similar to that Fibonacci series. Things like how euler and pi work out in relationships, and certain constants in physics. Pi expressed as a sum of an infinite list of fractions is pretty neat.

At the end though... It's turtles all the way down, maaaan.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
all i can say: WOW i love those threads

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The Game of Life, also known simply as Life, is a cellular automaton devised by the British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970.

Wikipedia - Conway's Game of Life.

- and -

MIT.edu The Game of Life!.

Conway notices too many differences to recognize his work in the station itself. The patterns rendered by the Game of Life leave more white space, among other differences, he said.

“That’s not mine,” Conway said of the pattern. “I have had an influence on Cambridge, but not apparently on the new railway station.”

Source: Quartz.com - A UK train station’s tribute to a famous mathematician got everything right except his math.

I was reading the article at Quartz.com about a train station at Cambridge University dedicated to one of their own, John Conway. He is the mathematician who invented the Game of Life which shows complexity arising from simplicity. It too involves white and black tiles. There are certain rules it follows and from a couple set up options at the MIT link you can "evolve" a solution. I just checked and nobody has mentioned Life yet!

It is very similar to the Pascal Triangle images. Reminded me of this very thread. Had to share the links with all.

The train station looks like a huge Tetris game. It uses Wolfram's Rule 30 which while based on Conway's Game of Life ideas it is not sourced back to Conway. They named the station after him though!

How's that for complex behavior from a simple decision! LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"From there, go out and calculate that which the mouth cannot speak and the ear cannot hear"

I wanted to add some points about the numbers from Euler's number triangle and how they show up in esoteric places.

If we sum the numbers from a row of the triangle, these numbers add up to a factorial, as shown below:

Factorials are very important in mathematics! Euler's number "e" is defined by the factorial and so is the gamma function (which is the foundation of the Riemann hypothesis).

"The factorial operation is encountered in many areas of mathematics, notably in combinatorics, algebra, and mathematical analysis. Its most basic occurrence is the fact that there are n! ways to arrange n distinct objects into a sequence. These arrangements are called the permutations of the set of objects."

Incredibly, the first known reference to these numbers is found in the Sefer Yetzirah, or, the Book of Creation. In this book, permuting the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet is seen as a source of creation, and the book attempts to formulise the world into a mathematical and linguistic theory based on this.

This is the quote from Sefer Yetzirah 4:4:

"How did He permute them? Two stones build two houses, three stones build six houses, four stones build 24 houses, five stones build 120 houses, six stones build 720 houses, seven stones build 5040 houses. From there on go out and calculate that which the mouth cannot speak and the ear cannot hear."

So here we see that spiritual scholars have know about the importance of these numbers for almost 2000 years (at least).

"The Zohar is a Genesis of illumination, the Sepher Jezirah is a ladder formed of truths. Therein are explained the thirty-two absolute signs of sounds, numbers and letters: each letter reproduces a number, an idea and a form; so that mathematics are capable of application to ideas and to forms not less rigorously than to numbers, by exact proportion and perfect correspondence. By the science of the Sepher Jezirah the human spirit is fixed to truth, and in reason, and is able to take account of the possible development of intelligence by the evolutions of numbers. The Zohar represents absolute truth, and the Sepher Jezirah provides the means by which we may seize, appropriate and make use of it."

I think it's pretty wild that pixels in these images can be added up to make numbers found in a book about creation and in some of the most important mathematical constants!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join