It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My conversation with a feminist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

This is a conversation between Healer (M) and Anti feminist .

Healer (M): Cool.

Healer (M): I betcha feel real badass.

Anti feminist : Kinda

Healer (M): After all, your part of a movement that exists soley to counter the fringes of another movement and thinks that's the main movement.

Healer (M): Do you think women should get equal pay for the same work?

Anti feminist : Of course I do.

Healer (M): Then you're a feminist.

Anti feminist : False.

Healer (M): Your reactionary title is aimed more at the social justice movement then feminism.

Anti feminist : Reactionary would require an action. My title is a statement.

Healer (M): of your reaction.

Healer (M): To feminism.

Healer (M): Or rather, social justice.

Healer (M): question.

Anti feminist : What is social justice, to you?

Healer (M): Generally, it's people whining on the internet about how unfair society is to anybody other than straight white men,taken to extremes. the movement itself takes valid, semivalid and invalid points and stretches them to hilarity. These are the people who talk about "Rape culture" (Not taught by any serious women's studies professional) And act like everyday things are "White privilege" that should be punished.

Healer (M): Legitimate discussions about these topics tend to avoid the "Social Justice" label due to how ridiculous and extreme it is.

Healer (M): Especially on the topic of feminism.

Healer (M): Most people in Social Justice are feminists, but very few feminists are in social justice.

Anti feminist : You still didn't define social justice

Healer (M): Also, your title is still reactionary. If feminism didn't exist, would your title make any sense?

Healer (M): Oh, one sec.

Anti feminist : Am I correct in thinking it's abstract?

Healer (M): Somewhat.

Healer (M): There are actual meetings from time to time, so it's not like it can be completely dismissed.

Healer (M): Social Justice Blogging, also more broadly referred to as social media activism, is the use of blogging and social networking platforms to publicize a wide range of individual cases relating to social injustice, including racism, classism, sexism and ablism. The influence of online activism on public opinion has grown significantly with the emergence of social justice bloggers. However, the group has been criticized for propagating unreliable information and espousing slacktivism and herd mentality, as reflected in the pejorative term “social justice warriors

Healer (M): -knowyourmeme

Healer (M): There's your definition.

Anti feminist : Like the black panthers?

Anti feminist : Or the KKK?

Anti feminist : Waco?

Healer (M) has left the conversation.

Generally, it's people whining

You heard it here, folks.
edit on 6-8-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Since we now have intelligent people actively calling the "progressive movement" exactly what it is; regressive. I think it’s best to now call out Feminism for what it is; Masculism for woman. Any woman proclaiming themselves to be a “feminist” should just be called a “Masculinist”. It will make sense as soon as you see a masculinist woman on tv with the short hair and round body shape “empowering women”.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They used to be called tree hugers, dirty hippies, the term has changed, just a different generation complaining that people complain too much.

Snowflakes vs snowflakes, i love it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

That's funny.
Almost everytime I try to have conversation with feminists it goes something like this.
"I disag *blocked by them* ree......"

The one time I got farther than that. I got nothing but copouts as to what legal rights men have that woman didn't.
And called a meninist, even though meninism is a joke.
edit on 6-8-2016 by HarbingerOfShadows because: Smurfs

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I consider myself a feminist, and I am quite round, I don't think I'm masculine though.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I consider myself a feminist, and I am quite round, I don't think I'm masculine though.

Do you believe that women and men are treated equally by western societies?
If you answer no you're not "round".
Women in the western world have more privileges than any other group in history.

Would you support a masculinist movement(if such a thing existed)?
If you answer no you're not "round".
Have you ever wondered why there is no men gender studies classes?

Do you believe in a gender pay gap?
If you answer yes you're not "round".

Feminism, 3rd wave feminism in particular is cancer.
Women needed early feminism for voting rights, ownership rights, and reproductive rights. Anymore it's the wedge driven between women and men. It says it's okay to raise fatherless children and to use abortion as birth control. It teaches women that they can do anything and the miracle of childbirth is just a formality. They were told that working a dead end job their whole life is somehow more rewarding than creating life. Women should be empowered to rely on their strengths just like men shouldn't be told to suppress theirs.

Depression among women skyrocketed once they entered the work-force in the 70-80's like the rest of us working stiffs. They are now displaying the same high suicide rates as white males between 30-50. Welcome to the working class ladies! Meanwhile the number of births continue to decline in many western countries. I wish people would understand how dangerous this 3rd wave feminism is to the very foundation of the western world.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980
Well I don't believe men and women are treated equally.
I would support a men's group.
I do believe there is s gender pay gap
I work and enjoy it.
I do believe society should be more accepting of a parent being at home with small children, in my family its their dad.
Childbirth was the worst thing I have ever experienced. No magical fairy dust for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Dude, you come around with assertion after assertion, always deflecting.

Your job is easy.

Nothing of any substance.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

What grievances do you have, as a feminist, with Western society?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

"Generally, it's people whining."

Jackpot.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Just sayin, I love that girl.

10/10 would have babies with.

link   
For me its an almost sub conscious thing. You ask a man if he believes women are equal to men, he'll say yes. Then he'll tell his son to stop cfgimg

link   
For me its an almost sub conscious thing. You ask a man if he believes women are equal to men, he'll say yes. Then he'll tell his son to stop crying like a little girl, or tells him he throws a ball like a girl.
Women who have multiple partners are sluts men who do the same are studs. My brother tells me each time I get pregnant that he wouldn't employ a woman of childbearing age. My work when I had my first tried to move me to different team because I would need too much off. I had grand total of 3 days, the man they bought in to replace me had 6 weeks off in the same time period. Nevermind that what were trying to do was illegal.

edit on 6-8-2016 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That makes it seem like society is biased toward women.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And if the wage gap was a thing.
Why in the world would corporations, money grubbing souls that they are, not fire all men and hire all women?

"Then he'll tell his son to stop crying like a little girl, or tells him he throws a ball like a girl."

Because physiologically and psychologically men and women are different.
Sexual dimorphism is a thing and humanity does include that characteristic.

"Women who have multiple partners are sluts men who do the same are studs."

Or dogs. Or pigs.
Neither of which is complimentary.

"My brother tells me each time I get pregnant that he wouldn't employ a woman of childbearing age."

It's a disadvantage to have an employee that will need a lot of time off.
Especially in certain businesses.

"My work when I had my first tried to move me to different team because I would need too much off. I had grand total of 3 days, the man they bought in to replace me had 6 weeks off in the same time period. Nevermind that what were trying to do was illegal."

That is some bullcrap and an legitimate complaint.
On the part of those individuals.
Not everyone would do such.
Thankfully.

new topics

top topics

join