It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyons and La Zel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
There were two awesome musicians playing in Liverpool yesterday afternoon. They had a good crowd and livened up an already busy and sunny afternoon. They call themselves Lyons and La Zel.

The guy, Lyons, was beatboxing and playing a flute at the same time. God knows how that's even possible and he was making it look easy. It was like Jethro Tull being dragged into 2016, hosed down and given a good tidying up. The girl, La Zel, had a great voice, great looks and they made beautiful music together.

I only had a couple of quid cash to drop in the hat - wish I'd had more. They brightened up the day for a lot of passers by

Here's an example of them in action that will probably suit quite a few ATSers.

Modest mice Lyon & La Zel describe their musical style as ‘solid mush’ but their ingenious beatbox-guitar-vocals routine will have you melting like a lollypop. Soul vocals swing over dubby rhythms in a legitimately funky experience.
Beat-Herder Festival 2016

And here's an example of 'Lyons' playing two harmonicas and beat-boxing at the same time.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you for sharing the amazing videos. The girl is an amazing singer in the first video. The second video the beatboxer has so much talent. 👍
edit on 8 5 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

There's so much talent in the world and so few who ever get the right break. These guys look like they have all the talents and none of the timing.

Then again, it's a niche type of music that doesn't go over to the multitudes. Maybe Moloko and others are similar and managed to have more accessibility? It's all magic, mirrors and LUCK.

The guy was awesome on the flute yesterday. I filmed a bit and will upload it if the sound came through properly.

ETA - Papillon gives a taste of them in the studio
edit on 8.5.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The sad part of life is you can have so much talent and not know the right person who has the power to take you to the top. This music is really amazing and I love their style. I hope you sound came out and you post your video, I would love to see it. Thank you for sharing this amazing band.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I hope you don't mind I am adding a video. This one is amazing too.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Nice! Lovely voice.

Flute? May want to fix that one, lol.

P

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

He was playing the flute in Liverpool. He's playing a harmonica in the videos.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Love this,

Thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't know about all that but I'd definatley put the moves on that lady right there

top topics

join