It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas college students plan to protest 'campus carry' gun law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
news.vice.com...ildos

And here we go....

A new law that allows people to carry concealed handguns into most buildings on public college campuses takes effect today in Texas, and students are planning to protest by bringing some equally inappropriate — but much less lethal — objects into their classrooms: dildos.

This is a very creative way to protest.

Jin's group is organizing a demonstration called "Campus Dildo Carry" on August 24, the first day of fall semester classes at the state's flagship public university, that she says will involve students carrying "a few thousand non-phallic sex toys to accurately reflect the 'concealed carry' aspect of this law, [and] about 500 very dick-like toys too."

While I am glad the college kids are protesting, I do not think they get the concept of "concealed carry". I do not think concealed means what they think it means.

Jin says the protesters will strap dildos to the outside of their backpacks and stroll into class "like nothing is different." "It's to help people visualize how ridiculous it would look if everybody in our community were 'carrying' [a gun]," Jin said. "Hopefully the dildos will churn up the sense of shock and discomfort that people should feel about guns being everywhere."

If they were protesting open carry then yeah strapping them on backpacks in the open would work.

Why does this kid think people should feel the sense of shock and discomfort about guns? In Texas especially?

edit on Thu Aug 4 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: title snip

+52 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Seems kind of appropriate for a generation of pussies.
edit on 4-8-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The next mass shooting story reads, a dozen students were gunned down today after they tried to disarm an active shooter with... dildos.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow. Did they think this up all by their little ol' selves?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Dildo's are People too My Friend"
-Mitt Romney

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Gives new meaning to the word packing huh??

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A dildo protest?
They should hook up with "slut walk"!

After that they can all participate in a Fart-In protest like the democrats held at the DNC.

Is this what protesting has degraded to?
edit on 4-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What Clint Eastwood said popped into my mind immediately and I was going to post but you said what I was thinking perfectly.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So they'll all be 'packing'.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Insert something about Freud and penis envy here.

I think they just wanted to have "show and tell" day at school. Honestly people walking around Austin, planning to walk around with their sex-toys in hand, would hardly be surprising.

"Keep Austin Weird".

I'm planning a counter-counter demonstration. I'm calling it:

"Rock Out, with Your Glock Out."

Use your imagination.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If only the founding fathers had fought British rule with dildos, we would have won our independence even sooner.

Also, could you imagine the soldiers storming the beach of Normandy armed only with dildos? I guess we weren't pussies back then.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Wow. Did they think this up all by their little ol' selves?

Maybe they were inspired by Melissa Harris-Perry's tampon earrings?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: redempsh
Insert something about Freud and penis envy here.

I think they just wanted to have "show and tell" day at school. Honestly people walking around Austin, planning to walk around with their sex-toys in hand, would hardly be surprising.

"Keep Austin Weird".

I'm planning a counter-counter demonstration. I'm calling it:

"Rock Out, with Your Glock Out."

Use your imagination.

I think the best counter would be for people to walk around with tubes of lube and offer to help them out.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow, this reminds me of Gene Hackman and the duck of death in the unforgiven.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"Hopefully the dildos will churn up the sense of shock and discomfort"

My guess is that no one is going to care that people have dildos on a college campus.

Take those dildos down to the local church and you might have something there Jin. Which out for people with guns though; you might piss them off.
edit on 4-8-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
"Hopefully the dildos will churn up the sense of shock and discomfort"

My guess is that no one is going to care that people have dildos on a college campus.

Take those dildos down to the local church and you might have something there Jin. Which out for people with guns though; you might piss them off.

If we are lucky, some crazy feminist will have missed the memo and accuse someone of sexually harassing her.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that would be funny.

link   
Wait, isn't this going to traumatize some other group?
I mean, the guns are concealed right? And the "toys" are going to be out in the open.

Somebody dang well better create a "safe" place, for those upset by this display!

link   
Great slogan for them: "HANDS UP...DON'T MASTURBATE!"

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sorry... I couldn't help but immediately picture this: "I'm warning you, stand back! I have a d***o and I know how to use it!"

Then of course there's the question of if they decide to Conceal Carry... I won't speculate on the possibly intimate details.

Btw, I'll really be disappointed if I get my hand slapped on this one... I've tried to be discreet in how I posted.

Seriously, though, I agree about someone in the state of Texas thinking that the visibility of the two is analogous. The unease of students and faculty at seeing a mysterious box with a digital timer in the process of a countdown sitting under a student's desk is much more understandable, imo.
edit on 8 4 2016 by CornShucker because: added dropped word

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join